Originally Posted by onewickedlady
You were our good luck charm.
Yeah. It was a fun trip. The team bussed us down to Columbia and gave us free food and booze in the Frank McGuire club. The Q & A with Whitfield and Huggins was friendly but didn't really reveal anything. Both just toed the company line that they'll "do what it takes to improve the team" and "any player can be traded."
The game was fun and got me excited for the season. My observations:
1. Gana Diop has dropped a bunch of weight and actually looks agile. He had 6 blocks.
2. Boris Diaw had a dunk in the 1st quarter and played a solid game. Tyrus Thomas spelled him seemlessly and made some spectacular slashes to the basket.
3. DJ looked fairly comfortable running plays with the starters and had a good game. I like what I saw of Collins but you can tell there's gonna be a learning curve with him.
4. Jack and Crash just kind of went through the motions and didn't play a whole lot, which is what you would expect in a preseason game.
5. Gerald Henderson was terrible. He checked in mid-way in the 1st and went 0-3 with 3 fouls in about 2 minutes. Larry sat him back on the bench and then walked over and had a heated discussion with him face-to-face. I think if anyone is on the trading block it's him.
6. Kwame Brown was in street clothes and looked like he could barely walk.
On the plus side, our other Brown, Derrick, looked great and had 2 monster dunks.
Overall it was a fun and exciting preseason match.