Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default OT: The Reggie Bush Experiment. Failed?

Or a work in progress? For the guy tooted to be the Lebron of the NFL, the Saints saviour, and a Heisman trophy winner, I've seen nothing but maybe 3-4 decent highlights.

To see this kid as the next Brian Westbrook would be a stretch. Putting him amongst the undersized backs like Tiki Barber and Warrick Dunn, Warrick can actually run and break the long ones, and Tiki can produce. Bush is not even the best rookie on his team. I think it's safe to say that his rookie season is a bust.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
dffsaf9
Decent playground baller

dffsaf9 has no real reputation yet.
Default bush

he needs the whole load like tomlinson...they are misusing him as a specialty player, which he is not
dffsaf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #3
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

wasn't it geeWiz who said this guy would be a flop? wasn't it geeWiz who said that Vince Young would be better?

oh, yeah, it was.

of course there's still a great chance I'll be wrong. but its cool to see my uneducated predictions paying off.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #4
HardTattooedThug
Serious playground baller

HardTattooedThug has decent reputation

Bush vs. M Williams is becoming the "who cares' contraversy. They are both mediocre NFL players at best. Neither is an impact guy.

Final result: Neither team wins
HardTattooedThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
wasn't it geeWiz who said this guy would be a flop? wasn't it geeWiz who said that Vince Young would be better?

oh, yeah, it was.

of course there's still a great chance I'll be wrong. but its cool to see my uneducated predictions paying off.

Yeah because Vince Young is better. :rollingeyes:

Watch the NFL any Gee?
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:27 PM   #6
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

If you offered me Bush for Williams right now, I'd throw that offer right back in your face...DeAngelo is the real deal, 10 carries for 50 yards on the day so far...hopefully Fox gives him the starting role, he outperformed Foster by a mile this season...not to mention is a threat to return kicks.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #7
PleezeBelieve
Jay-A: Thats MR To You

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yo I remember when they had that draft thread and I was telling idiots like GOBB that Bush wasn't made for to be an elite RUNNING back, let alone the no-brainer #1 pick. And here was this this loadmouth quack sipping the hype juice, parroting the same **** the so-called draft expects were saying on TV.

I'm not going to lie, I hate to be a hater, but this has been beautiful to watch this dude implode right in front of my eyes (even though the networks won't talk about it). I'll even say that I get more satisfaction watching this clown be labeld as a "key decoy" as I do seeing the immensily overrated Eli Manning overthrow passes every Sunday. I guess one day these draft experts will stop acting like they know something we all don't.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

he is still a rookie though. you cant label him as a bust just yet. he is not even the main offensive player either.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
he is still a rookie though. you cant label him as a bust just yet. he is not even the main offensive player either.

Shhhhhhh Pleasebelieve has no clue whatsoever. 10gms in his rookie year Bush is a bust. A flop and they are celebrating. He'll retire at seasons end and find a job.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I was one of the people defending the Texans drafting of Mario Williams but it's a little early to call Bush a bust.

It's rare for NFL rookies to be big impact players their rookie season.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #11
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hasn't done much as a runner but he projects to have over 1,000 total yards as the back-up RB. And 98 catches.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:19 PM   #12
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey

Yeah but usually with great running backs they start off great, unlike Bush. The older a RB gets the worse they get, except for a few players who remain uninjured and learn the game very well.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:39 PM   #13
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

You all are incredibly dumb, you just watch sportscenter and see that he didn't have any huge highlights so he must be a bust.

The Saints, if the score today holds, will be 7-4 and first in the division, coming off a 3-13 year last season.

Reggie Bush attracts so much attention on offense, he opens things up for guys like Marques Colston, Joe Horn, Deuce McAllister. He's a rookie, he shouldn't be expected to come in and dominate, he didn't have to, he's a backup to another damn good runner in McAllister.

Despite his backup status, he's on pace for approximately 1,150 total yards to go along with 98 receptions. He ranks #2 in the entire NFL in receptions, only behind Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans and his ridiculous 74 catches. His running numbers aren't good, but I don't care, because when given the ball, he's still making an impact.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #14
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
You all are incredibly dumb, you just watch sportscenter and see that he didn't have any huge highlights so he must be a bust.

The Saints, if the score today holds, will be 7-4 and first in the division, coming off a 3-13 year last season.

Reggie Bush attracts so much attention on offense, he opens things up for guys like Marques Colston, Joe Horn, Deuce McAllister. He's a rookie, he shouldn't be expected to come in and dominate, he didn't have to, he's a backup to another damn good runner in McAllister.

Despite his backup status, he's on pace for approximately 1,150 total yards to go along with 98 receptions. He ranks #2 in the entire NFL in receptions, only behind Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans and his ridiculous 74 catches. His running numbers aren't good, but I don't care, because when given the ball, he's still making an impact.

3 yards per carry
6.7 yards per reception(which nobody in the top 15 receptions has less than 10ypr)
2 touchdowns

Not very impressive.

Last edited by Wadeisabeast : 11-26-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:50 PM   #15
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

For those of you calling him a bust, do you realize he is on pace for 1200 total yards as a second option running back? Not to mention he also had a 65 yard game winning punt return for touchdown.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: