Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #31
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
I also have one more question. Is the 360 worth it without an HDTV? My dad might get one soon and I won't be able to afford one until may, but I could go months with out having one.

Yes, but wait until you see/play the games on HDTV. You'll wonder how you ever played them on SD.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #32
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
I also have one more question. Is the 360 worth it without an HDTV? My dad might get one soon and I won't be able to afford one until may, but I could go months with out having one.

You pretty much NEED an HDTV to get the full next-gen effect on the xbox360. There's no reason to buy it if you cant experience its graphics to the max.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #33
Kujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
You pretty much NEED an HDTV to get the full next-gen effect on the xbox360. There's no reason to buy it if you cant experience its graphics to the max.

The games still look great on SD, but you do really need a HDTV to get the full effect. That being said, it's still worth buying if you only have SDTV. Plenty of people own the system, and don't have a HDTV.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #34
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
The games still look great on SD, but you do really need a HDTV to get the full effect. That being said, it's still worth buying if you only have SDTV. Plenty of people own the system, and don't have a HDTV.

HDTVs are so damn cheap now. You can get a 32 inch LCD flat for like $500. Just look for deals online. You wont regret it if you own a 360.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #35
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
thats what 360 is missing...i have one and love it but there games are so dark and mostly shooters. I have Gears and love it but I wish i had a game like Zelda or a good Sonic or Mario. Just a fun long platformer. Right now its just sports or shooting.

I was going to buy the wii untill i plyed excite truck at gamestop and hated the wiimote for regular games. Then i figured out most games only use the wii mote. I cant mess with that. I might just add the HD-DVD drive this holiday season along with that Braxia.

Yeah that is what I'm trying to say. There aren't really any games like Zelda or Mario for it, unless there's something I don't know about(which is kind of why I made the topic). And then I don't like what I've heard about the Wii mote either.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #36
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Oblivion, Gears of War and Rainbow 6: Vegas are the 3 best games for Xbox 360 right now...NBA 2K7 or Madden aren't worth paying money for, they aren't that great.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #37
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

My 360 scratched up my copy of 2k7 (there is a circular sratch that is a full 360 degrees around the middle) and now it won't work. Any advice?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:32 PM   #38
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Don't place your xbox vertically...it scratches CDs if you're not careful.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #39
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Don't place your xbox vertically...it scratches CDs if you're not careful.
Mine wasn't vertical
Old 11-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #40
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Yeah that is what I'm trying to say. There aren't really any games like Zelda or Mario for it, unless there's something I don't know about(which is kind of why I made the topic). And then I don't like what I've heard about the Wii mote either.

the lack of platformers is killing me, also i looked on ign release dates and nothing is coming out. But im going to try get into racing games. Im going to buy the racing wheel(never tried one) and get Forza 2 in JAnuary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My 360 scratched up my copy of 2k7 (there is a circular sratch that is a full 360 degrees around the middle) and now it won't work. Any advice?"

you prob moved you 360 while the gme was playing or somehow it was moved. There is a solution to it if you check 1 up but you have to manually install these little rubber things in your disc drive. What happened was the laser burned a circle around you game. The samew thing happened to my NB 2k6 and college hoops 2k6. It really sucks, i think that is worst thing about the 360.

Last edited by Younggrease : 11-26-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #41
Kujo

Quote:
HDTVs are so damn cheap now. You can get a 32 inch LCD flat for like $500. Just look for deals online. You wont regret it if you own a 360.

Yeah, I got a good deal on 37" 1080P LCD TV last week. Playing Gears of War in 1080P is draw dropping.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:43 PM   #42
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
you prob moved you 360 while the gme was playing or somehow it was moved. There is a solution to it if you check 1 up but you have to manually install these little rubber things in your disc drive. What happened was the laser burned a circle around you game. The samew thing happened to my NB 2k6 and college hoops 2k6. It really sucks, i think that is worst thing about the 360.
So is their anyway to fix the 2k7 cd?

Where could i get the rubber thing from?

You think I could get microsoft to pay for a replacement game or repair?
Old 11-26-2006, 02:50 PM   #43
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
So is their anyway to fix the 2k7 cd?

Where could i get the rubber thing from?

You think I could get microsoft to pay for a replacement game or repair?

1. There is no way to fix the CD. The laser burned the "circle of death" upon it

2. They was a link on 1up.com. Just search google

3. Microsoft will not give out replacementes because the manual says do not move while the system is on.

It sucks but you just have to suck up the 60 buck lost.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:52 PM   #44
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
3. Microsoft will not give out replacementes because the manual says do not move while the system is on.
I can always tell them that I didn't move it and then proceed to beg...

Its worth a try
Old 11-26-2006, 02:56 PM   #45
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I knew that, but right now my bank acount is at zero and I've basicaly been living off my mom's money for the last 2 months. I just got a job and should have at least a thousand saved up by march. I've found a couple of great deals online, like this one http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Vizio...oductDetail.do
(they must have just changed the price because it was 1499 earlier).

I'll probably spend about $1200 on the tv and accessories once I have the money saved.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: