Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #16
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What is he style of play in your area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Can I ask what city you are from?

I'm a Michigan guy and that's essentially how most of my area teams play as well (just north of Kalamazoo). Kalamazoo itself plays at a much higher tempo.

The general Ann Arbor area (hometown) seems to be predicated on a whole lot of movement without the ball. Even open gyms tend to have a lot more structure that other areas I've played. Many off ball screens and back cuts.

Gladstone in the U.P. It's right next to Escanaba.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #17
Snapwebsolution
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Snapwebsolution has an OK reputation so far

Streetball style and lots of trash talking. :P
Old 10-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #18
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has decent reputation

fast and agressive, physical.
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #19
Grafbag
Kids at the park dunk on me

Grafbag has an OK reputation so far

I think it's like this pretty much all around Australia.
There isn't much outside shooting, almost always a drive, even when the players are wide open. If a player gets an offensive rebound, or is inside the key with the ball, there is no such thing as dishing outside, which pisses me off, because I'm a European style player.
Also, usually the players are pretty slow and therefore just run at the defenders instead of around them
Grafbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #20
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafbag
I think it's like this pretty much all around Australia.
There isn't much outside shooting, almost always a drive, even when the players are wide open. If a player gets an offensive rebound, or is inside the key with the ball, there is no such thing as dishing outside, which pisses me off, because I'm a European style player.
Also, usually the players are pretty slow and therefore just run at the defenders instead of around them

I think it depends on the team/area, some teams where i am like to swing the ball and bomb 3's while others prefer to run excessive cuts etc. one thing that is pretty consistent amongst the teams is running a zone, the type of zone changes but it's rare that a man is played around here.

But overall don't think i could sum up the style of play around here
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #21
blunt
Can barely lace up my sneakers

blunt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
I live in San Jose and i think i played with a couple guys from Sac. Scrawny kids who could rebound and play decend D for their size.

you from san jo? ever play at campell park?
blunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #22
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunt
you from san jo? ever play at campell park?

we need to get an ish run goin in the bay
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #23
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Most teams around my area suck so its generally hustle and hard d that wins games.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #24
GhostDeini32
serenity now

GhostDeini32 has decent reputation

i try to play DMV point guard out here in CALI. it seems to work nicely.
GhostDeini32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #25
GhostDeini32
serenity now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
we need to get an ish run goin in the bay

in LA
Old 12-27-2010, 06:47 AM   #26
JrueHoliday11
jrue it up

JrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJrueHoliday11 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgan3
fast and agressive, physical.

this
JrueHoliday11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #27
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far

Hard Defense, Solid Fundamentals and a lot of team play, but that's because when we go to the park we usually come with pre-made teams.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #28
GhostDeini32
serenity now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks
Hard Defense, Solid Fundamentals and a lot of team play, but that's because when we go to the park we usually come with pre-made teams.

thats the way to do it.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #29
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

That would be pretty awesome Sticks. The park near me is just pick and rolls from a group of old men that played high school basketball and watches college basketball, streetball from a group of 30 year olds(not really and1 and stuff but u know just flashy like instead of a normal layup a guy just does a 540 layup and ends up in the grass laying facedown laughing his head off while his team is struggling to defend at the other end), and a roaming college basketball players group that are like 6'2 and higher. They're pretty awesome and one of them on a team in the park makes a big difference.
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #30
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

It depends. The young guns play open and uptempo. They are quick to call touch fouls. Old school players, we are uptempo and physical. We don't have time to call a foul. If you aint bleeding or something aint broken, we aint calling nothing. Just ballin. Oh, I am in Minneapolis, MN
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: