Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default NCAA Fans: Think anyone can beat Bama?

Coming off the whipping they gave the Gators I don't know who can take this team down, but I don't watch the teams out West much. But regardless, Alabama, to me, is the ideal football team. They're the toughest running (two future NFL RBs), the stoutest at the line of scrimmage (on both sides of the ball), their defense is great, they have a future NFL receiver (Julio Jones), they have arguably the best coach and coaching staff, and although their QB may not be NFL material he generally makes the right decision which is all they need from him. Can anyone match them in talent, toughness and brains?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: NCAA Fans: Think anyone can beat Bama?

We discussed this a little bit in the college thread. I, personally, don't think anyone is going to beat Alabama. At the start of the season, I predicted that Arkansas would beat Alabama....I was wrong, but it looks like they had the best shot.

I'm a HUGE Oregon fan, and I'm really high on the Ducks this season, but I don't even think they can beat bama. Ohio State isn't as good as their ranking says. OU is good, but not better than Oregon let alone Bama. Boise would put up a nice fight for a half maybe. TCU has a solid defense, but their offense, especially QB Andy Dalton, has been un-impressive thus far for the most part.

Not being biased, but I think Oregon could give them the toughest test b/c they have so much speed and their offense is great at running and passing the ball.

But in the end, I think Alabama will run the table and have another Title.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Arkansas should have beat them last week...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Arkansas was in great position to beat them in Arkansas. Alabama came out in the fourth quarter of that game and imposed their will on Arkansas in the 4th quarter, and in teh 4th quarter, they looked much, much, better than Arkansas. I wasn't too high on Alabama's game plan of throw first and run second in the 1st half of the Arkansas game, and if they had stuck with what worked best for them (run first, run second, then hit the defense with play-action pass) then they would have probably beaten Arkansas going away by 10+.

I could see maybe Auburn sneaking up on Bama in the Iron Bowl and beating them, but other than that, I don't see them losing until the national championhip game. Oregon's got the offensive talent to move the ball and score some points on them, and Ohio St. has the talent on both sides of the ball to compete with them.

This Bama team may be even better than last year. The defense may not be as good but they've still got a lot of young talent on that side of the ball and their offense is just unreal. Their offensive line, IMO, is historically good. Obviously they have a sick running back duo, and some very talented WR's. They can beat and hurt you in so many ways on offense. McElroy isn't a future NFL stud, but he's a heady QB who doesn't make mistakes, and does a great job of managing the game.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont know who is on thier schedule that is good at run defense. You contain that rushing attack? You have a good chance. Or if you get into a shootout. Try to make Bama rely on thier QB who is weak. But Bama defense is too good and adjusts well as the game goes on. It'll be tough for any team to beat Bama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Arkansas should have beat them last week...

If the game was only 2 quarters? I agree. Its 4 tho.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Ohio St. has the talent on both sides of the ball to compete with them.
I think we need to wait a solid decade before we let Ohio State play an SEC team for the Championship again. The last two fiascoes were just really good arguments for a playoff system.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Boise State.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputation

I don't think ANY team in the nation will beat Alabama this year UNLESS they can shut down Ingram & Co.

If you make Alabama pass the entire game, you can take advantage of McElroy and have the chance to beat them.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #9
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I think we need to wait a solid decade before we let Ohio State play an SEC team for the Championship again. The last two fiascoes were just really good arguments for a playoff system.
Florida destroyed us, but are you really going to use the LSU game as an example? 38-24? Get out of here.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #10
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Florida destroyed us, but are you really going to use the LSU game as an example? 38-24? Get out of here.

Ohio St. was ranked #1 playing a 2 loss LSU team. It's not like LSU was heavy favorites (in fact, I'm sure Ohio St. was favored), yet LSU had a 38-17 lead late in the game before OSU added a late TD after LSU had already sealed the deal. I know Ohio St. jumped out 10-0 early, but IIRC, LSU pretty much dominated the rest of the game.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #11
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Nov. 6th LSU gets their chance in Death Valley. The defense is really good this year and they got semi robbed last year with that Peterson interception that was rule incomplete. The offense looks like shit so far but it's a big game against a conference rival and the old coach. They can get up for that one. Not saying we will win but it's playing at home with this defense helps.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #12
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ohio St. was ranked #1 playing a 2 loss LSU team. It's not like LSU was heavy favorites (in fact, I'm sure Ohio St. was favored), yet LSU had a 38-17 lead late in the game before OSU added a late TD after LSU had already sealed the deal. I know Ohio St. jumped out 10-0 early, but IIRC, LSU pretty much dominated the rest of the game.
The fact that he's putting a 41-14 ass whooping and 38-24 loss in the same level of disappointment is atrocious. It's not even about the score, Florida raped us. Offensively, Defensively, Ginn was out after running it back, the whole night was a disaster.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #13
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
The fact that he's putting a 41-14 ass whooping and 38-24 loss in the same level of disappointment is atrocious. It's not even about the score, Florida raped us. Offensively, Defensively, Ginn was out after running it back, the whole night was a disaster.

Yeah, I agree. While LSU didn't dominate OSU to the same extent Florida, they didn't exactly struggle with them after the 1st quarter.

It's beside the point, though. I think this OSU team is better equipped to at least hang with the SEC elite this year. Granted, I don't know if they can hang with this Alabama team who may be the best SEC team of the decade. I haven't got to watch OSU in detail this year, though, so I'm not real sure about them.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #14
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No team is unbeatable, upsets happen all the time in college football and Alabama's schedule alone makes it incredibly difficult even for them to go undefeated.

Jones is super talented, but his hands are lacking, kinda like a Braylon Edwards, not to mention the fact that McElroy is at best, a game manager.

They've still got S.Carolina, LSU, Auburn left to go; any of which can beat Alabama when they are playing their best. LSU is iffy and will definitely go down but I definitely like Auburn's chances at pulling an upset.

Think about Alabama too is, they've lost a good amount of talent at the secondary the past few years too. They're still good, but I think a team that can air it out a bit like Oregon or Boise and then try to get a shootout with Alabama is fully capable of beating Alabama.

Also, apparently, one of their star DEs might be in trouble for contact with an agent.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #15
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Not sure what relevance that game has with this season. These are different players and it is a different team.

I am no Ohio State fan, but I truly believe that they are the best team in the country, at the moment. Illinois historically gives them problems. That was no surprise.

What did surprise me was the way that they handled Miami. I still think the Hurricanes are pretty good and Ohio State made them look like a Division I-AA team.

Alabama's offense is good, but their defense isn't even close to what it was last year.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: