Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #31
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Top 10 Wide Receivers

Calvin has had arguably the worst quarterback situation since entering the league. The best reciever, production wise, who had a "bad" quarterback was Calvin last year.

He also had the best season of any wideout who had a bad quarterback the year before.

He's extremely unlucky to be in the situation he's in right now. Until Stafford develops, and he's no sure thing, he's going to remain in such a situation until he signs somewhere else or gets traded.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #32
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

1. Andre Johnson
2. Andre Johnson
4. Andre Johnson
5. Andre Johnson
6. Andre Johnson
7. Andre Johnson
8. Andre Johnson
9. Andre Johnson
10. Andre Johnson

you know me!
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #33
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

If you even look at Andre in the early part of his career when he had terrible quarterback play.... he wasn't doing numbers. His career best before Matt was there was 70 yards per game in a season, and never really scored that many touchdowns.

Then Matt came and he's now considered the best reciever in the game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #34
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It is clear that Calvin is awesome...'elite"...whatever...

it is just not clear how awesome he is...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #35
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
If you even look at Andre in the early part of his career when he had terrible quarterback play.... he wasn't doing numbers. His career best before Matt was there was 70 yards per game in a season, and never really scored that many touchdowns.

Then Matt came and he's now considered the best reciever in the game.

yeah, andre doesn't have that many touchdowns. he's just great.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #36
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Really? please explain.

I just listed elite WR until I got to 10 so I could put Harvin and get people to claim I'm a homer.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:19 AM   #37
TDPrime2030
Banned

TDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'm going to factor some play currently this season.

1. Andre Johnson
2. Reggie Wayne
3. Brandon Marshall
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Randy Moss
6. Larry Fitzgerald (two years ago he would be #1 or #2)
7. Miles Austin
8. Roddy White
9. Anquan Boldin
10. Hakeem Nicks (Fantasy Homer pick )
TDPrime2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #38
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I just listed elite WR until I got to 10 so I could put Harvin and get people to claim I'm a homer.

It all makes sence now.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #39
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPrime2030
I'm going to factor some play currently this season.

1. Andre Johnson
2. Reggie Wayne
3. Brandon Marshall
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Randy Moss
6. Larry Fitzgerald (two years ago he would be #1 or #2)
7. Miles Austin
8. Roddy White
9. Anquan Boldin
10. Hakeem Nicks (Fantasy Homer pick )

I don't think Reggie Wayne is top 2-3 because even though I'm a big fan of him, he is playing with the best QB in the game. This helps your fantasy value and the way people rate you a lot. I don't think he is top 3 talent with a non Pro Bowl QB.

About Larry Fitzgerald: He hasn't changed, he's the same wide receiver, hasn't missed a beat but he has one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL today. It's not his fault footballs thrown at him are flying into the stands?

Just like Steve said, if you had not watched the NFL before this season you would probably think Larry doesn't belong in the top 5 or even top 10. We all know this isn't true.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #40
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputationBird has a terrific reputation

My completely biased Top 10:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Randy Moss
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Roddy White
6. Brandon Marshall
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Miles Austin
9. Wes Welker
10. Sidney Rice
100. Kenny Britt

I don't believe in punishing players because their quarterback sucks or their team sucks. Fitz is still a top 3 WR in the game, bar none.

And I believe until Randy Moss finally hangs up the cleats for good, he is a top 3 WR as well.

As for 6-10, well, those guys can be moved around a bit, though I can't really see We or Sidney going higher than 8 right now.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #41
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My list:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Randy Moss
4. Larry Fitzgerald
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Reggie Wayne
7. Miles Austin
8. Roddy White
9. Steve Smith [CAR]
10. Anquan Boldin
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #42
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Bring-Your-Js has decent reputation

Good to see Moss getting the respect he deserves.

All I can say is LOOK OUT once the timing gets right with Favre. He's off to a pretty slow start, but still isn't behind the touchdown pace. Only Antonio Gates... Dustin Keller and Austin Collie are not going to score more touchdowns this season. Moss is going to go nuts and haul down 16 TDs by season's end. Yardage comes by default.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #43
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
My list:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Randy Moss
4. Larry Fitzgerald
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Reggie Wayne
7. Miles Austin
8. Roddy White
9. Steve Smith [CAR]
10. Anquan Boldin
If we flipped Moss/Fitz, and Miles/Wayne...that's exactly how my list would look. Like marlo said...these things are completely subjective.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #44
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

No love for Marques Colston. If Brees didn't have as many options as he did, Colston would have better numbers than he's had so far. He always makes the crucial 1st down catch, and he always seems to get open. Plus he's 6'4 and decently fast. He deserves to be in the conversation for at least the 10th spot.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #45
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
No love for Marques Colston. If Brees didn't have as many options as he did, Colston would have better numbers than he's had so far. He always makes the crucial 1st down catch, and he always seems to get open. Plus he's 6'4 and decently fast. He deserves to be in the conversation for at least the 10th spot.
Make a list and see if you can put him in the top 10. Would you put him ahead of Roddy, Smith, or Boldin?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: