Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #76
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2010/11 NHL Thread

Agree with your take on the Kaberle trade, Toni. I didn't really know who Joe Colborne was, but apparently he's quite the prospect.

Leaving tomorrow morning for Montreal Can't wait!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #77
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Agree with your take on the Kaberle trade, Toni. I didn't really know who Joe Colborne was, but apparently he's quite the prospect.

Hope for more:

(can't get enough of that picture)
Old 02-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #78
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:

Burkie did real good with that deal.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #79
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hate the Broons.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #80
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
I hate the Broons.

I love the way this is going so far.

Ryan White!

Been hoping for that kid to get a full time gig for two years now
Old 03-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #81
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I hate the Broons.

Something us Leafs fans can agree with Habs fans.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #82
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
I love the way this is going so far.

Ryan White!

Been hoping for that kid to get a full time gig for two years now

The was one cheap ass motherf*cking hit.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #83
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
The was one cheap ass motherf*cking hit.

My girlfriend speaks french and heard that he's conscious but being rushed to hospital. I literally thought he was dead... he didn't move an INCH for more than 5 minutes. Sick to my ****ing stomach, man. Holy shit.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #84
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
My girlfriend speaks french and heard that he's conscious but being rushed to hospital. I literally thought he was dead... he didn't move an INCH for more than 5 minutes. Sick to my ****ing stomach, man. Holy shit.

On the anniversary of Bertuzzi-Moore, no less.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #85
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
On the anniversary of Bertuzzi-Moore, no less.

No way! Wow.

Glad he's okay. I've also heard he is moving his arms, legs, and is talking. Scary moments.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #86
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

No fine or suspension for Chara.

edit:

Pacioretty diagnosed with a "severe concussion" and a fractured 4th cervical vertebrae.

Doctor (who didn't see the test results) says it's safe to say he's out of commission until at LEAST September. It remains a possibility that his career is over.

Last edited by Chamberlain : 03-09-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #87
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
No fine or suspension for Chara.

Meh.

Didn't look dirty but Patches was definately in a bit of a vulnerable position. Don't think a suspension was warranted.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #88
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Forarm. Head. Turnbuckle.

The hit was well after the puck had left the area.

Not to mention Chara has been specifically targeting Pacioretty for the past two games since the little "shove" he gave him after scoring the OT winner in early January. Two handed slashes, specifically targeting him in after-whistle scrums, little punches to the face with the gloves on.

Not to mention, 16 seconds left in the 2nd period of a 4-0, it's just a coincidence that Chara decides to throw a late hit?

I'm not trying to say that Chara intended to hurt Max so badly, but if it had been any other player, he probably wouldn't have finished his hit.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #89
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Meh.

Didn't look dirty but Patches was definately in a bit of a vulnerable position. Don't think a suspension was warranted.

At least 2 or 3 game sis warranted. All this does is promote vigilante justice, and send the message that no one is accountable for their actions.

Bottom line: Chara made an illegal play (major penalty) that resulted in the severe injury to a player. He should be made accountable to that.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #90
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Now HERE'S intent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycg97kKRV4s#t=01m20s
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread