Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #16
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I just bought a Corvette.

That's a lot of dough man. I know you're doing well making money in the oil field but don't you think you should save up some money? Just saying dude. I've seen this a lot in the oil field with hands and workers making a lot of money and just buying expensive cars and trucks.

Not criticizing as it is your choice in the end. Just speaking from experience.

Badass car.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen

very nice jdg...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #18
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
That's a lot of dough man. I know you're doing well making money in the oil field but don't you think you should save up some money? Just saying dude. I've seen this a lot in the oil field with hands and workers making a lot of money and just buying expensive cars and trucks.
This isn't a 2011 Silverado diesel, it's a 2000 Corvette. You don't need to be in oil and gas to afford it.

There's a multitude of reasons why I bought it now. Primarily, my expenses will never be lower. I don't have a mortgage, I don't have a family, I don't have another debt/payment in the world outside of living expenses (rent, insurance, phone, etc.) By the time I'm done paying for this car I'll be 25. I've wanted one since I was about 5 years old, and try squeezing it into the budget when you have a mortgage, a family, and kids.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 10-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #19
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I can't tell, but is it a full convertible or does it have a soft pop-up top?
It's got a rag top, yeah.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #20
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

Wish I was short enough to drive one..
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #21
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:

id enjoy key'ing the car up and jackin the rims
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #22
nolebball
Decent playground baller

nolebball has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
try squeezing it into the budget when you have a mortgage, a family, and kids.

Many many many men do try lol, hence my poor mid-life crisis Miata joke.
nolebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #23
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

Nice car , hope she is 6spd :)

Throw some longtubes, y pipe and a catback on there to open her up and an ls6 intake manifold
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
This isn't a 2011 Silverado diesel, it's a 2000 Corvette. You don't need to be in oil and gas to afford it.

There's a multitude of reasons why I bought it now. Primarily, my expenses will never be lower. I don't have a mortgage, I don't have a family, I don't have another debt/payment in the world outside of living expenses (rent, insurance, phone, etc.) By the time I'm done paying for this car I'll be 25. I've wanted one since I was about 5 years old, and try squeezing it into the budget when you have a mortgage, a family, and kids.
That thing is sweet, and great for a young bachelor. Only potential issue I see is wintertime if you live up North, I had a friend with a hatch-back jeep that owned a whole other car for the bad weather.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #25
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sick.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #26
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
That thing is sweet, and great for a young bachelor. Only potential issue I see is wintertime if you live up North, I had a friend with a hatch-back jeep that owned a whole other car for the bad weather.
It won't leave the garage or even be insured during the winter months. I still have my truck and will be using that as a daily driver, no way that car could or should handle Canadian winters.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #27
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Nice one , add some new side skirts and add Euro Tail Light and damn thats gonna be a hot ass ride for an amateur.

congrats tho!
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #28
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
Nice one , add some new side skirts and add Euro Tail Light and damn thats gonna be a hot ass ride for an amateur.

congrats tho!
it's a corvette, not a corolla...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #29
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
it's a corvette, not a corolla...lol

i dont see the difference lol
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #30
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
i dont see the difference lol
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: