Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-08-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Pats allegedly not done yet, but I don't buy it.

Pats are now reportedly after Vincent Jackson.
Apparently they need a receiver. But I don't buy it. I mean, they just ditched Randy Moss. How could a team that ditched Moss need a receiver? That would be stupid! We've got Brandon Tate! Wheeeeeeeeee!

Now, if there's truth to this, this completely unnecessary acquisition (who needs a receiver? Brandon Tate! WEEEEEEEE!) would come at the price of Logan Mankins. Apparently, it's a good idea to get rid of WR you didn't want to extend and a lineman you were unable to resign if you bring in a receiver that another team was unwilling and/or unable to resign. All of this is just making wonderful sense here.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Pats allegedly not done yet, but I don't buy it.

Its hard to be a pats fan sometimes. The past 2-3 years just dont really make sense to me.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:02 AM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Its hard to be a pats fan sometimes
I do actually believe in Welker. He's a good player. I just wouldn't want him to be the basis of my offense. Especially not when my defense can neither mount a pass rush nor cover receivers. If 20 points could win games consistently this wouldn't be so bad, but as things stand...ugh.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

If they just trade Mankins for Jackson, with no draft picks involved.... they're basically saying their offensive line is good enough without Mankins, and that they'd rather pay the money to Vincent Jackson over the next numerous amount of years than the aging Randy Moss.

That's a solid idea if you think Vincent fits the system better. He's a great down the field target as well, and still young. I like the move for the Pats and their fufure.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

It's going to be pretty damn hard to "fit the system" better than the guy that set the NFL record for touchdowns in a season. Jax can play but he's not Moss, really not even close. I do want the trade to go down (a good WR beats having a lineman that isn't there) but it's not like this was intelligently planned. If the team really had a strong interest in VJ they'd have gone after him back when his suspension could have been reduced. No, they just dealt the most dangerous downfield threat football has ever seen and now, left with no real deep threat they realize the offense is going to suck so they're panicking.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Question: Has any team ever done a worse job of getting their HoF QB an elite receiver? Brady has gotten two years of Moss. That's it.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:59 AM   #7
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Question: Has any team ever done a worse job of getting their HoF QB an elite receiver? Brady has gotten two years of Moss. That's it.
Mcnabb?
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:22 AM   #8
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Mcnabb?
He got a couple years of Owens.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #9
TDPrime2030
Banned

TDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
McNabb.......He only had one legitimate year of Owens not being a little b!tch. I feel awful for McNabb.

When the decade started for McNabb, McNabb had an elite defensive team but had absolutely zero targets to throw it to. When the decade was about to end, McNabb started getting some reliable offensive options, but his defense became complete trash.

He never had the combination of both other than that one year he had with Owens.
TDPrime2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:27 AM   #10
AirGauge23
Team NWO

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No way this happens.

Chargers want picks.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:24 AM   #11
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The New England Patriots don't give a shit how good you are, they'll f*cking trade you or let you walk at the drop of a hat.

pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 AM   #12
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Mcnabb?
Didn't mention him because I'm not sure he's future HoF...to me, he's borderline. But I hope he makes it. Philly did indeed do a poor job of surrounding him with talent, which is extra-funny because Reid has an insanely pass-happy offense.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #13
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

i don't think they're going after Vincent unless he was really cheap. i definitely don't think the Pats have a sense of urgency either. definitely don't see them giving up picks for Jackson.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #14
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPrime2030
McNabb.......He only had one legitimate year of Owens not being a little b!tch. I feel awful for McNabb.

When the decade started for McNabb, McNabb had an elite defensive team but had absolutely zero targets to throw it to. When the decade was about to end, McNabb started getting some reliable offensive options, but his defense became complete trash.

He never had the combination of both other than that one year he had with Owens.

its pretty overrated if you're Mcnabb, Brees, or Brady. they spread the ball around more than a lot of other QB's. they generally don't force it into double coverage on their star receivers, more than check downs and reads to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options. Favre is the type of QB that will force it to his star or just let them try and out-grab it, but those other QB's don't force it into their stars nearly as much. last week was a perfect example of that where Moss didn't get a throw, Favre would've been lobbing it into double coverage hoping Moss could outjump the DB's. thats what he'll probably be doing monday night.

thats what everyones overrating with Moss imo. i really don't see the Pats being that much worse off, and he'd be overrated with Bree's too. just like Colston who is their supposed star that barely has done much this season. i could be wrong but we'll see...
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #15
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

If the Pats never got Moss Brady wouldn't have sniffed the TD record and people like me would still be whining about what Brady could possibly do with an elite wideout. Brady didn't force many balls to Moss but don't think for a second that Moss wasn't massively important. They both set the TD record for their respective positions together. That wasn't an accident.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: