Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #16
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Pats allegedly not done yet, but I don't buy it.

You realize it's a lot easier to spread the ball around when you have an elite WR right?
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
You realize it's a lot easier to spread the ball around when you have an elite WR right?
That, too. Two defenders are chasing Moss down the field, making it easier for Welker to find open pockets in the defense. Now those two defenders will be on Welker. Not good.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #18
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
If the Pats never got Moss Brady wouldn't have sniffed the TD record and people like me would still be whining about what Brady could possibly do with an elite wideout. Brady didn't force many balls to Moss but don't think for a second that Moss wasn't massively important. They both set the TD record for their respective positions together. That wasn't an accident.

yeah i'm not saying Moss didn't help, but i also don't think its nearly as bad as people are saying to have a roster of receivers that aren't known to be superstars if you have one of those QB's and offensive systems that spread it to the open man. its a bit overrated in their systems to have these superstar receivers imo.

setting stat records is great, but they were still winning before Moss, and their passing game has for the most part been VERY GOOD for a long time with no name receivers, in fact the only time they had issues was when a lot of their receivers that knew the offense were hurting and when Brady got hurt and came back struggling early on if i remember right.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #19
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY

sort of true, but there is ALWAYS a man open if you have a good QB.

they were spreading it around WAY before Moss btw....

Brees doesn't really even have a superstar, and look at how many players he gets it to that are open.

i'll bet you Brady will be making a LOT of completions with or without Moss to Welker, his TE's, and Tate/Edelman or whomever else they stick in there. i'd be shocked if they all of a sudden can't throw the ball because they lost Moss.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #20
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

presumably they had this in the pipeline all along, if they lose moss and replace him with jackson then they stay as one of the best elite teams in the league, without a top top WR they will be good, but lose the X factor, with a QB as good as Tom brady, something special will allways happen, you just need someone on the other end to catch it.
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
That, too. Two defenders are chasing Moss down the field, making it easier for Welker to find open pockets in the defense. Now those two defenders will be on Welker. Not good.

Welker can beat double coverage, especially since he's always running short burst patterns and he's a smart receiver. more importantly Brady is good enough to drill it in there even if he's decently covered. and you act like that doesn't leave other people open...

you all act like everyone else is so bad they're going to suck because they aren't big names. a lot of receivers can be open on a lot of players if you have enough people runnjing routes and the blocking to get the throw off, superstar or not, and most importantly having a great QB that can put it in places where it takes almost perfect D to prevent a completion.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #22
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The difference is those prior Pat teams had a good or great d. The current d borderline sucks. No pass rush and no cover corners. You can't carry a poor defense with no running game or deep threats. The only thing this team will be good at is 6 yard dink-and-dunk. Not going to be enough.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #23
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
The difference is those prior Pat teams had a good or great d. The current d borderline sucks. No pass rush and no cover corners. You can't carry a poor defense with no running game or deep threats. The only thing this team will be good at is 6 yard dink-and-dunk. Not going to be enough.

we'll see. they have very good TE's, and Welker short, which should open up random deep routes.

and i also don't think their D is THAT bad. they're just not as good as the Pats top D's they've had in the past.

Last edited by Poodle : 10-08-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #24
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady recently was in touch with Seattle Seahawks receiver Deion Branch about the possibility of having him rejoin New England to fill the void created by the trade of Randy Moss to Minnesota, a league source told the Boston Globe.

The source also told the Globe that Brady had been in touch with Branch during the past week because he knew the Moss trade was in the works.

And according to the Boston Herald, the Patriots and Seahawks have had preliminary talks about the possibility of a Branch trade.

Branch, who has 13 catches for 112 yards and one touchdown this season as part of a deep receiving corps in Seattle, will meet with Seahawks general manager John Schneider to discuss his future with the team, the source told the Globe.
espn
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #25
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I keep getting the sense that this is a money issue even though people deny it...

I feel the same way with the McNabb trade...

why trade moss and then immediately go looking for a receiver? you already had what was probably the best one there is currently playing... you trade him and turn around looking to land Vincent Jackson? Calling Deion Branch?

why not secure one of these guys FIRST if you are indeed trying to upgrade and not trying to save money?

I been thinking this too about McNabb... They got rid of him and promoted Kolb when Kolb clearly isnt a starting QB...

I remember reid saying #5 was his QB up until the moment he was traded.... Im thinking the FO didnt want to pay 3 QB's and so they ran mcNabb out and forced the promotion of Kolb (if only because giving the job to Vick wouldnt be popular decision)

I dont think they really ever planned to make Kolb the future soo much as they hoped he would fit there....

I also think the pats were intent on getting rid of Moss.... He has been saying for a long while he was outta there soon....

I need RMWG to tell me if Im missing something here when it comes to the pats
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #26
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Moss reportedly requested a trade when it became clear he had no future here, but basically this was almost completely about $.

Deion Branch? This is some kind of joke...I like him, he did some great things here in big games, but he might be Seattle's what, 5th receiver, coming to replace our #1? Please.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #27
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Moss reportedly requested a trade when it became clear he had no future here, but basically this was almost completely about $.

Deion Branch? This is some kind of joke...I like him, he did some great things here in big games, but he might be Seattle's what, 5th receiver, coming to replace our #1? Please.

branch has been hurt practically the whole time from the point he went from the Pats to Sea. he was a overrated signing in the first place, but he could do well again back with Brady and in their system. he at least knows their offense, and should be cheap.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #28
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Yeah, that might placate me if I was retarded.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Vincent is probably Randys equal, at least, when it comes to vertical threats and being able to make plays down the field right now and beyond. He would provide everything Moss does for that Patriot offense...and he's six years younger.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #30
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

His highest total was last season's 9 TDs. he can't touch Randy Moss. And as an added bonus he'll be rusty and need time to hit his stride.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: