Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #16
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: My Player: NBA 2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
Second game back, Deron ran me over and sent me down for another 4 weeks. So much for awards this season, my guy is glass at 80 DU.

Anybody else having injury issues?
Can you take a pic of that? Sounds ridiculous but I love that new addition.

I have yet to play more than a single combine games after doing the drills. The drills are enough work in itself. The game just has so much too it, its insane.

If only they could fix online although I wouldnt start a league until a week or two anyways.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #17
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm a 7'2" center and got 32/24/5/3 in my first combine game.

Monroe is beastly. I got an A+ team rating but he still went for 22/15. Being projected to go 13th overall to the Raptors. Hopefully/maybe I can work my way into the top 10.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #18
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Can you take a pic of that? Sounds ridiculous but I love that new addition.

I have yet to play more than a single combine games after doing the drills. The drills are enough work in itself. The game just has so much too it, its insane.

If only they could fix online although I wouldnt start a league until a week or two anyways.

I think team trainers must be factored in like in association because the Bucks are seriously ragged. Salmons and Jennings are out for the next 1-2 months, and Bogut has been hurt a few times. I swear even when he's not, he walks around the court holding his wrist like something is wrong with it. Strangely, Michael Redd hasn't missed a game.

What's wrong with online play? I still haven't tried it.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

6'7 or 8 SF cant remember.

Got picked 40th overall by the Pacers, got cut. After 5 games in NBDL averaging 10/8 New Orleans gave me a 10 day and I've had 2 good games for them. Need to lock up that 1 yr deal
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #20
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6'7 SG, kind of going for a T-Mac type of player. Picked 32nd by the Heat, might be tough to crack that roster
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #21
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
6'7 SG, kind of going for a T-Mac type of player. Picked 32nd by the Heat, might be tough to crack that roster
at least u have a good chance of getting a ring
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #22
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All my summer league games so far are either complete successes or epic fails
Game 1: 4 points 9 assists and 1 turnover and rebound
Game 2: 2 points 3 assists 3 turnovers
Game 3: 6 points 10 assists 0 turn overs 2 rebounds

Hoping I have another game like game 3, hell 1 would be nice. trying to make the Wiz roster than request a trade to Memphis, Portland, or Atlanta and get me some playing time.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:21 AM   #23
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

6'9 SF/SG
Drafted #23 to the Timberwolves
Made my way to 6th man off the bench so far. Got my first Jordan endorsement, as well as made "general" when Im on the floor and can give my suggestions on my teams trades according to 2k guy. On game 23 so far, ranked a 55.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:23 AM   #24
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
All my summer league games so far are either complete successes or epic fails
Game 1: 4 points 9 assists and 1 turnover and rebound
Game 2: 2 points 3 assists 3 turnovers
Game 3: 6 points 10 assists 0 turn overs 2 rebounds

Hoping I have another game like game 3, hell 1 would be nice. trying to make the Wiz roster than request a trade to Memphis, Portland, or Atlanta and get me some playing time.

What difficulty you playing on? And using simulation gameplay I guess?
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:28 AM   #25
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
I think team trainers must be factored in like in association because the Bucks are seriously ragged. Salmons and Jennings are out for the next 1-2 months, and Bogut has been hurt a few times. I swear even when he's not, he walks around the court holding his wrist like something is wrong with it. Strangely, Michael Redd hasn't missed a game.

What's wrong with online play? I still haven't tried it.
Lol, no one one my team has been hurt but Rudy Gay just loafs around jogging like he's too cool and it bothers me.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:54 AM   #26
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Lol, no one one my team has been hurt but Rudy Gay just loafs around jogging like he's too cool and it bothers me.

he did just get paid...
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #27
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

Another cool new feature - management approached me and asked me what players I thought they should be targeting for trades. Got to choose 5, we'll see if they actually pull something off.

Blake Griffin please.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #28
Bush4Ever
Local High School Star

Bush4Ever has decent reputation

Hey Guys,

First post in this forum.

Got some questions: Do you all think it would be worth it to pick up this game for a *very* casual gamer who plays the Myplayer mode more than any other mode, assuming cost is not really an issue?

Do the changes in Myplayer mode justify ending my Myplayer career for the 2k10 game and starting anew in 2k11? I remember the process at the start being absolutely unbearable in 2k10.

Right now I have my 2k10 player maxed out, and frankly...the game is getting too easy (although I'm playing the level before the highest mode-maybe superstar?).

Also, as an FYI: do you all know what your settings should be at to get realistic stats for A. your player, and B. team scores (ideally in the high 90s, low 100s)?

Thanks.
Bush4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #29
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wish you started off with a little bit better rathing than low 40's or high 30's. I know it's part of the challenge, but if I'm going to realistically be an NBA prospect on the game, then I would at least have an overall in the low 50's.

I'm a 7'2" center but can't make layups and apparently has no ability to dunk the ball. Last game I went for 20/15 but did so on 6/19 shooting. It's not like the 13 shots I missed were jump shots. In fact, all 13 I missed were missed layups. I understand missing some of them because they were contested, but some of the others were me getting an offensive rebound, going up pretty much uncontested, and missing a point blank layup.

Other than that, I'm still really enjoying My Player. Just can't wait to get my player good enough to where he can actually make routine layups.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #30
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush4Ever
Hey Guys,

First post in this forum.

Got some questions: Do you all think it would be worth it to pick up this game for a *very* casual gamer who plays the Myplayer mode more than any other mode, assuming cost is not really an issue?

Do the changes in Myplayer mode justify ending my Myplayer career for the 2k10 game and starting anew in 2k11? I remember the process at the start being absolutely unbearable in 2k10.

Right now I have my 2k10 player maxed out, and frankly...the game is getting too easy (although I'm playing the level before the highest mode-maybe superstar?).

Also, as an FYI: do you all know what your settings should be at to get realistic stats for A. your player, and B. team scores (ideally in the high 90s, low 100s)?

Thanks.
Hey,

For MyPlayer, I believe they have made a few changes which you can see on their site online. One of them for ex. is giving more accurate grades (such as not penalizing you when your man scores on a switch), as well as adding a press conference aspect on the game to define your personality, as well as tweaks on possible player ratings depending on what type (athletic, shooting, etc.). So they have

But that isn't why you should buy NBA 2k11.

Because 2k11 has Jordan. And playing through Jordan's best moments against accurately rendered classic teams, as well as the Jordan My Player mode is reason alone to get this game. They went all out on Jordan this year.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: