Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Houshmandzadeh needs to stop yapping

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...over_role.html

can't believe he said the underlined part...

Houshmandzadeh continues to express disappointment over role

Days after catching the game-winning touchdown in Pittsburgh, wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh continued to express disappointment over his role in the offense.

Houshmandzadeh ranks sixth on the team with five catches after four games. According to the former Pro Bowl wide receiver, he was told that he was going to get between 50 to 60 catches before he signed with the Ravens.

"For me, I knew coming in what I was getting myself into," Houshmandzadeh said. "But I believe in myself. So the belief in myself said once they see me, things will change. Weíll see if that holds to be true."

Houshmandzadeh said he only played 12 snaps against Cleveland in Week 3 and had about the same number at Pittsburgh until the end of the game.

"I was happy [the Steelers] scored because we were going to go two-minute and we were going to throw it," said Houshmandzadeh, referring to the Steelers going ahead 14-10 midway through the fourth quarter. "When we throw the ball, they canít stop us. If [the offensive line] protects like they protect up front and we throw, they canít stop us."

Houshmandzadeh signed with the Ravens six days before the season opener and immediately played. He caught one pass in the season opener and then dropped a couple of passes at Cincinnati.

"I was shocked that I played as much as I did in the first and second game," he said. "I wouldnít say that got me greedy, but then I expected it, so to speak. But then I didn't play much against Cleveland."

According to Houshmandzadeh, offensive coordinator Cam Cameron sought him out after the Cleveland game. Houshmandzadeh said he has never approached Cameron or quarterback Joe Flacco about getting more passes.

"The bad part of my personality is I tend to not to say it but my body language says that," he said. "Thatís bad but thatís who I am."

Houshmandzadeh never gave the impression that he was angry. He is just having a tough time dealing with his situation and the Ravens' passing scheme.

"Q [Anquan Boldin] is going to be happy. Thatís just the reality of it," Houshmandzadeh said. "Q and [tight end Todd] Heap, theyíre going to get their balls. They brought Q in, they gave up draft picks and gave him a nice contract. Theyíre going to find ways to get him the ball. I can appreciate that because I thought thatís what I was getting [in Seattle]. I wish it was me. But itís not."

i'm surprised the Ravens haven't cut him yet. he's been yapping for the last 2 wks. guess his TD last week gives him a lil pull, but damn to be happy the opponent scored in a big, tight game just so you get passes thrown....

Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Houshmandzadeh needs to stop yapping

Everyone but him knows he's not a number 1 WR. He never shoulda left Cincy. He screwed up.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Houshmandzadeh needs to stop yapping

Quote:
i'm surprised the Ravens haven't cut him yet. he's been yapping for the last 2 wks. guess his TD last week gives him a lil pull, but damn to be happy the opponent scored in a big, tight game just so you get passes thrown....

I think you're looking too much into this. It's just competitive nature. All he was saying that it was a bigger challenge having to come back from behind on a game winning drive versus already being ahead.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: