Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
HBKMGa
Please contact

HBKMGa has no real reputation yet.
Default NFL reviewing Brett Favre's wee wee

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5663024

Quote:
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The NFL says it is reviewing allegations involving Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, who the website Deadspin says sent racy messages and photos to a woman who worked for the team while he played for the Jets.

League spokesman Greg Aiello said Friday, "We are reviewing the matter," when asked about reports that Favre sent voice mails and photos to Jenn Sterger, who did game-day work for the Jets.

Deadspin reported Thursday that voice mails and photos were sent by "someone she was led to believe was Brett Favre." The voice mails and photos have not been independently confirmed as coming from Favre. Sterger did not lodge a public complaint and did not comment for Deadspin on the story.

Asked about the report Thursday, Favre said: "I'm not getting into that."

The Vikings and Jets play Monday night in New York (ESPN, 8:30 p.m. ET).
HBKMGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NFL reviewing Brett Favre's wee wee

Quote:
his is about to get worse. It appears Jenn Sterger wasn't the only woman who received unwanted and inappropriate text messages from Brett Favre while he played for the Jets. Favre also pursued two team massage therapists, according to one of the women.

The woman (who wishes to remain anonymous for now we'll call her "Mandy") worked as a massage therapist for the team for a couple years, but she says never had an incident with a player until No. 4 showed up at training camp at Hofstra University, where the Jets still worked out in 2008. "He was on the table next to mine," she tells me. "He was looking at my ass the whole time while I worked on another player. He was ... ogling me."

The woman who was massaging Brett that day (massage therapist No. 2, or "Lindsay") exchanged numbers with him. (Mandy claims it's common for players to take the numbers of team-contracted massage therapists should they need additional rubdowns off campus. Yeah, I know. Please don't.)

Lindsay received a text message from Favre, according to Mandy. Lindsay assumed it was for a massage but quickly realized Brett was asking for more. He invited both Lindsay and Mandy back to his hotel room. Mandy claims that the texts became increasingly inappropriate ("just nasty stuff"), but she adds that Brett did apologize when he found out she was married.

This apology over text, however, wasn't enough for Mandy's husband. We'll call him "John".

"I called him on his phone and told him I wanted an apology. He acted all arrogant. He refused to apologize," John tells me in a phone conversation.

Mandy and John say they approached attorneys about the situation but were told that because Mandy was a private contractor, there were no grounds for a harassment case. They didn't pursue anything.

But, after reading the story in the New York Post this morning, they decided to come forward with their story. Mandy's husband John reached out both to Deadspin and the Post. They don't want to reveal their names just yet, John says, and they "don't want photographers on their front lawn." But they said they're still considering going public with it. First, they want to talk to the NFL and the Jets. They gave me permission to pass along their info to the team, which I did. If someone from the NFL wants to reach out to them, they'll talk to someone there, too.

Also? Mandy says she and Lindsay still have some of the text messages. Hooray.
hmmm
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
code green
Boston Tank Party

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

^^^^

that's setting off my bs detector
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

he sent those pics to randy moss.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
he sent those pics to mandy moss.
Fixed.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly15
he sent those pics to randy moss.

LOL

he better play on monday
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

I bet if he plays like crap on Monday night, then the NFL will do him a favor (and he won't mind it) and suspend him. It'd make the NFL look good for being consistent in punishing players who screw up, and it'd be an EASY way out for Favre.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

funny thing is that Brett Favre's wife knows if that's her husbands c0ck being posted everywhere on the internet.

Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just requested her on facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTlW102g7gc
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I bet if he plays like crap on Monday night, then the NFL will do him a favor (and he won't mind it) and suspend him. It'd make the NFL look good for being consistent in punishing players who screw up, and it'd be an EASY way out for Favre.

I bet those Favre nutthuggers Jaws & Gruden won't even bring it up at all during the telecast. I hope Tirico does just to put them in an awkward position.

Last edited by Tarik One : 10-09-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #11
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

then favre will have a reason to play again NEXT season
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: