Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 10-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation
Default Re: Anthony Wroten to Huskies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
"Change what we call a point guard?"

Stop it. How is he going to revolutionize an entire position, exactly? What is he going to do that hasn't been done before by a point guard?

At best, he's everything Tyreke Evans already is. Maybe he'd be ranked higher if he didn't get hurt but to say he "certainly" has the highest NBA ceiling is absurd. No one in this class has separated themselves. And you casually mention his ACL tear as if that's not a major thing to come back from.
well i would think Andre Drummond is number one and i don't think thats going to change the 2011 class seems really talented.
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #17
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Corny college announcement.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #18
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Corny college announcement.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #19
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
well i would think Andre Drummond is number one and i don't think thats going to change the 2011 class seems really talented.
Drummond is in the 2012 class, though I vaguely remember reading a report about him reclassifying and graduating early, potentially. I'm too lazy to look that up right now.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #20
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Drummond is in the 2012 class, though I vaguely remember reading a report about him reclassifying and graduating early, potentially. I'm too lazy to look that up right now.
Yeah i think i read that too and it said he would for sure number one if he was in 2011.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:51 AM   #21
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
He is so flashy on the court, some of his passes simply just make you want to clap. his court vision is Derrick Rose x100000 entering the Steve Nash field.
When you become a fan you go all in.

Even if Wroten is a PG, which I don't think he is personally, he still isn't a better prospect than Myck Kabongo or Marquis Teague. I've really "drunk the kool-aid" on Kabongo; I'm not as high on Teague though he is currently the #1 PG in the nation.

I personally see Wroten as a SG. At that spot I can not say that he's definitely a top 5 prospect. Austin Rivers is certainly a notch above. Kentavious Caldwell, Bradley Beal, and PJ Hairston seem to be as well. Players like Mike Carter-Williams and Nick Johnson are big performances (points for MCW, insane dunk for NJ) away from also getting the nod over Wroten.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #22
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
When you become a fan you go all in.

Even if Wroten is a PG, which I don't think he is personally, he still isn't a better prospect than Myck Kabongo or Marquis Teague. I've really "drunk the kool-aid" on Kabongo; I'm not as high on Teague though he is currently the #1 PG in the nation.

I personally see Wroten as a SG. At that spot I can not say that he's definitely a top 5 prospect. Austin Rivers is certainly a notch above. Kentavious Caldwell, Bradley Beal, and PJ Hairston seem to be as well. Players like Mike Carter-Williams and Nick Johnson are big performances (points for MCW, insane dunk for NJ) away from also getting the nod over Wroten.
Yeah Myck Canadian!!! But have you seen him can you fill me in on whats so special about him he seems really nonathletic.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #23
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Another elite talent out of Seattle. Feels good man.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:41 AM   #24
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Yeah Myck Canadian!!! But have you seen him can you fill me in on whats so special about him he seems really nonathletic.
Haven't seen him in person though I'm hoping to this year.

The reason Kabongo seems unathletic is because over the last couple years people have gotten spoiled by Derrick Rose and John Wall. Kabongo has excellent end to end speed and first step burst. That speed is deceptive because Kabongo plays a very controlled game and moves at "different gears" as needed.

What makes Kabongo some a good prospect is he is a "real" PG. It's not a situation where he is learning the position or is just a "small" scorer. Kabongo knows how to run an offense, keep all his guys involved, and create mismatches in freeleance offense.

Some people find his demeanor on the floor a bit brash or abrasive but personally as long as that stuff is directed to the opposition and not his team or coaches I don't mind it.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #25
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Haven't seen him in person though I'm hoping to this year.

The reason Kabongo seems unathletic is because over the last couple years people have gotten spoiled by Derrick Rose and John Wall. Kabongo has excellent end to end speed and first step burst. That speed is deceptive because Kabongo plays a very controlled game and moves at "different gears" as needed.

What makes Kabongo some a good prospect is he is a "real" PG. It's not a situation where he is learning the position or is just a "small" scorer. Kabongo knows how to run an offense, keep all his guys involved, and create mismatches in freeleance offense.

Some people find his demeanor on the floor a bit brash or abrasive but personally as long as that stuff is directed to the opposition and not his team or coaches I don't mind it.
Is he a one and done players or will he need a couple years in college
Old 10-26-2010, 02:55 AM   #26
Da KO King

Quote:
Is he a one and done players or will he need a couple years in college
Kabongo will play a few years of NCAA ball. At 6' 180 lbs teams won't take the chance on him after only a year of college play.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: