Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #16
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 5 QB's you want in the 4th quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
You're dumb.

OMG look at Tom Brady's drive against the Rams in the superbowl!! They played soft!!! Not impressive at all!!

Yet it's one of his legacy drives. Nobody cares how it gets down and what kind of defense someone is playing, the only thing that matters in the final result.
Yeah, why is everyone so concerned with the result? So Brady has three rings, so what? Manning with his clutch INTs vs. Pittsburgh and NOm he's the man. Because results don't matter. What does matter?

Nothing, I guess...
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #17
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Doesn't Jay Cutler have the best passer rating in the 4th quarter this season?
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #18
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Yeah, why is everyone so concerned with the result? So Brady has three rings, so what? Manning with his clutch INTs vs. Pittsburgh and NOm he's the man. Because results don't matter. What does matter?

Nothing, I guess...

Are you stupid? Serious question.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #19
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You're dumb.

OMG look at Tom Brady's drive against the Rams in the superbowl!! They played soft!!! Not impressive at all!!

You're saying that Rodgers drive was impressive and you're comparing it to a drive in a SB? Get a grip, I was merely calling Rodgers out for his poor performance, and saying that his drive was not impressive at all. Stop being an ignorant douche.

Quote:
Yet it's one of his legacy drives. Nobody cares how it gets down and what kind of defense someone is playing, the only thing that matters in the final result.

Nobody cares that Rodgers drove the Packers down against a cupcake defense for a 53-yard FG that was missed. All people care about is how he threw the game-losing interception to Landry after nearly throwing one to Rogers a bit earlier. What was the final result of this game? Oh, Rodgers cost his team the game in OT? Oh, but I guess that doesn't matter now.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #20
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Really? So you wouldn't even think twice about picking Manning or Brady over Brees? You're that decisive on Brees?
Of course I am. He's never let us down since he's been a Saint. We beat Manning on that last drive when it mattered. It's a little homerism but it's not like it's some crazy stretch.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

His drive wasn't impressive at all because the opposing defense played soft.

That's what you're saying, right?

I guess like 90 percent of game winning drives by quarterbacks aren't impressive then, since the opposing defense rarely blitzes in those situations.

I think that opinion is dumb and wrong. Rodgers drove his team down the field for a makeable field goal....what does it matter what kind of defense you do it against? That's the point.

This place gets dumber and dumber. Throw logic out the window on ISH! If you don't do it against a top 5 defense who blitzes you, ITS NO IMPRESSIVE!!

**** outta here. That's soooo dumb.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #22
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Are you stupid? Serious question.
I can't take anything you say seriously when you want to lock Brady out of the top 5. You are stupid. That's not a query.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #23
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Because this list isn't a career list - you're as good as what you are now, not what you did 7-8 years ago.

Point blank, Brady isn't a top 5 quarterback in the clutch anymore. Well, let me rephrase that, he's not undisputably in the top 5.

What are his clutch moments/drives in 4th quarters recently? I honestly can remember him ****ing up more times in the clutch than coming through in the last 4 or 5 years. If I'm wrong about that I'm sure you will correct me.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

So somehow Brady has lost skills he had before? That's stupid. The Patriots as a whole have been annually bleeding off talent which is why the team as a whole doesn't do things it used to. Will have a hard time winning 8 games this year. But Brady still has all of his skills. The reason why most everyone else will continue to rate Brady high is that we recognize this fact.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #25
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't like Ben as a person, but when the chips are down I don't think I would pick anyone else to win me the game.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #26
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
His drive wasn't impressive at all because the opposing defense played soft.

That's what you're saying, right?

I'm saying it wasn't impressive because he didn't do anything impressive at all. What was impressive about it? Throwing the ball to a wide open TE is impressive? Since when is making a very easy throw impressive? We have some greatly different definitions of what "impressive" means then. Hall gave Quarless a huge cushion. The commentators even commented on how easy they made it for their offense.

Quote:
I guess like 90 percent of game winning drives by quarterbacks aren't impressive then, since the opposing defense rarely blitzes in those situations.

Stick to the game at hand instead of irrelevant things that happen in other games.

Quote:
I think that opinion is dumb and wrong. Rodgers drove his team down the field for a makeable field goal....what does it matter what kind of defense you do it against? That's the point.

Your point is stupid and weak. The defense was basically trading yards for time, but it's impressive taking yards the defense is handing to you?

Quote:
This place gets dumber and dumber. Throw logic out the window on ISH! If you don't do it against a top 5 defense who blitzes you, ITS NO IMPRESSIVE!!

If it's getting dumber and dumber, then it's because of you. You're flat out ignoring what actually happened in the game and I'm not sure why. You're not using logic so stop pretending like you even know what that word means.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #27
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
So somehow Brady has lost skills he had before? That's stupid. The Patriots as a whole have been annually bleeding off talent which is why the team as a whole doesn't do things it used to. Will have a hard time winning 8 games this year. But Brady still has all of his skills. The reason why most everyone else will continue to rate Brady high is that we recognize this fact.

First of all, what does you winning 8 games have to do with this? That's a poor asssessment of your team, by the way.... you're going to go 5-7 the rest of the way? Dont think so.

Anyway, I'm not arguing that he lost his skills as a quarterback. Being clutch isn't a skill, you either get the job done or you don't. You have "it" that day or you don't.

That's why Brady isn't in the top five. Since you didn't correct me, I'm going to assume you agree with me that Brady has messed up more than he has come through in the clutch recently. What you did 7-8 years ago isn't indictive of what you're doing the last 3-4 years.

I think Patriot fans need to mova past the glory days and live in the present.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #28
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

for me it is just the top 5 QBs...

I don't buy that a QB suddenly gets better or more accurate in the 4th Q...

if there are trends in certain quarters, I think for the most part it is coincedence...

right now I think Brees is the best QB (even though he looked awful today)...

I'll take Brees
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #29
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

not aaron rodgers

id go

Peyton
Brees
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Favre
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #30
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
not aaron rodgers

id go

Peyton
Brees
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Favre

Favre? The master of 4th quarter game-breaking interceptions?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: