Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #31
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 5 QB's you want in the 4th quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Of course I am. He's never let us down since he's been a Saint. We beat Manning on that last drive when it mattered. It's a little homerism but it's not like it's some crazy stretch.

I got ya. To me, Brady, Manning, and Brees are 1a, 1b, and 1c. You just sounded so definitive in your first statement like there was no possible other choice.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #32
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Why is Manning ahead of Roethlisberger on so many lists? Was I the only one who watched him have one of the greatest clutch two year stretch a quarterback has ever had?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #33
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Favre? The master of 4th quarter game-breaking interceptions?

the master of grew lewis back of end zone toe tap
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #34
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I don't like Ben as a person, but when the chips are down I don't think I would pick anyone else to win me the game.

+1

ever since he came to the NFL, he has proved no matter how crappy he plays, he just wins. he's just a winner.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:02 AM   #35
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Why is Manning ahead of Roethlisberger on so many lists? Was I the only one who watched him have one of the greatest clutch two year stretch a quarterback has ever had?
Manning is a better QB...

sorry but if your money is on the line and you have to choose a QB, go ahead and take the best one available...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:03 AM   #36
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
+1

ever since he came to the NFL, he has proved no matter how crappy he plays, he just wins. he's just a winner.
not last year...

the Steelers seem to win a lot no matter who is a QB, as long as Troy is playing...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #37
TDPrime2030
Banned

TDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'm taking Tom Brady. I hate the Patriots, but Tom Brady is the only Patriot I respect and like, well I like Wes Welker too. Their coach is a piece of trash though.

1. Brady
2. Brees
3. Manning
4. Roethlisberger
5. Cutler

Cutler is pretty good in the 4th quarter, in my opinion. He seems to be a real **** up in the first 3 quarters though. Cutler really isn't some type of massive choker like a Tony Romo. He just ****s up a lot in the first 3 quarters most of the time.
TDPrime2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #38
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
First of all, what does you winning 8 games have to do with this? That's a poor asssessment of your team, by the way.... you're going to go 5-7 the rest of the way? Dont think so.

Anyway, I'm not arguing that he lost his skills as a quarterback. Being clutch isn't a skill, you either get the job done or you don't. You have "it" that day or you don't.

That's why Brady isn't in the top five. Since you didn't correct me, I'm going to assume you agree with me that Brady has messed up more than he has come through in the clutch recently. What you did 7-8 years ago isn't indictive of what you're doing the last 3-4 years.

I think Patriot fans need to mova past the glory days and live in the present.
Assumptions don't help arguments. What you completely ignored, I suppose, is me pointing out that the team doesn't have the playmakers it used to in any area. Moss was the coffin's final nail. You apparently haven't been paying attention, but on both sides of the ball we've been seeing players like Seymour, Samuels, Mankins, etc let go. Thus Brady is put in tougher situations, with the defense no longer holding leads, no running game, and the only part of the team that functioned well being the pass attack. Brady doesn't walk on water, if he's not being aided by other aspects of the team he's not going to be as effective. But if he had the kind of players around him that he used to he'd be fine. You act like he somehow magically lost "it." And you talk about the last "3-4 years" as if he didn't have to deal with an ACL injury. Nice analysis...not.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #39
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I'm not understanding your point here.

Just because the defense doesn't hold a lead anymore doesn't impact Brady in the clutch - it probably gives him more chances to be in those clutch situations, if anything.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #40
TDPrime2030
Banned

TDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTDPrime2030 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPrime2030
I'm taking Tom Brady. I hate the Patriots, but Tom Brady is the only Patriot I respect and like, well I like Wes Welker too. Their coach is a piece of trash though.

1. Brady
2. Brees
3. Manning
4. Roethlisberger
5. Cutler

Cutler is pretty good in the 4th quarter, in my opinion. He seems to be a real **** up in the first 3 quarters though. Cutler really isn't some type of massive choker like a Tony Romo. He just ****s up a lot in the first 3 quarters most of the time.
I really wonder who negged me......
TDPrime2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #41
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
the master of grew lewis back of end zone toe tap

GTFO with that shit. He just did it again tonight.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:32 AM   #42
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he gets high off that shit I think, seems to love doing it
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #43
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm taking Brett Favre if I'm on the other team
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #44
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tom Brady doesn't have "it?" Tsk.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #45
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

What'd he do, exactly? I saw the game, and what I saw was him with the ball in the last moments of the game in good field position where a field goal wins it, and he didn't march his team into that position for whatever reason.

Then, in the overtime, he had multiple chances to put a drive together and didn't do so....again, for whatever reason.....and then finally they scored.

He didn't throw a game losing INT or anything, but that wasn't a showcase of whatever "it" is.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: