Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2006, 03:52 PM   #16
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
3 yards per carry
6.7 yards per reception
2 touchdowns

Not very impressive.

Statistics are nice, but they don't always paint the whole picture. While they do show that he has struggled as a runner, it doesn't show his full impact on the game.

I don't even care, you can stand oblivious, I'll just enjoy the current 24-13 lead we have on the Falcons, and the likely tie for first we will have with Carolina at 7-4, especially after a dismal 3-13 season.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #17
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Reggie Bush does produce, and is a work in progress. However, I think he'd have done much better in Houston. Why? Because of their coaches running system. With Bush's speed, and vision, he could be great in a cutback running system.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #18
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

NFC South

New Orleans (7-4)
Carolina (6-5)
Atlanta (5-6)

Nothing more needs to be said
Old 11-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #19
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Tried telling you guys prior to the draft. He is a good player, but the hype that was on him results in him being a bust thusfar. A bust relative to the hype.

He is a good player though, but so is Mario Williams, and alot of you were calling him a bust before the season even started based on where he was drafted.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #20
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
Tried telling you guys prior to the draft. He is a good player, but the hype that was on him results in him being a bust thusfar. A bust relative to the hype.

He is a good player though, but so is Mario Williams, and alot of you were calling him a bust before the season even started based on where he was drafted.

He isn't even a bust relative to hype, did people truly expect him to tear it up like LaDainian Tomlinson? If so, they are tools. The kid is a rookie, it would be wrong to expect him to light it up like one of the league's best. He has done a great job as a backup running back. To be on pace for 1,200 yards and #2 in the league in receptions as the backup running back is very good for a rookie.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #21
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

Quote:
He isn't even a bust relative to hype, did people truly expect him to tear it up like LaDainian Tomlinson? If so, they are tools. The kid is a rookie, it would be wrong to expect him to light it up like one of the league's best. He has done a great job as a backup running back. To be on pace for 1,200 yards and #2 in the league in receptions as the backup running back is very good for a rookie.

Actually, some people were labeling him as the next LT. I remember a thread about him prior to the draft when I was argueing with this one idiott. I don't remember who he was though.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #22
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
NFC South

New Orleans (7-4)
Carolina (6-5)
Atlanta (5-6)

Nothing more needs to be said

That isn't even relative. The Saints are winning, but not because of Bush. Looking at his stats, it seems that NO is forcing the ball into his hands and trying to make him produce. He has a lot of receptions, but he has the lowest yards/per catch out of the top 50 recievers. He is a backup, but he isn't getting back up playing time.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #23
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia
Actually, some people were labeling him as the next LT. I remember a thread about him prior to the draft when I was argueing with this one idiott. I don't remember who he was though.

Well, then I don't know, maybe they meant that in his prime, he could be as good as LT, which even I doubt unless he vastly improves his running. If they expected that as a rookie, then that is their own fault, but in my mind, Reggie Bush hasn't been a bust.

Marques Colston for Offensive Rookie of the Year
Old 11-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You have to understand how Bush is used. It reminds me of how Tom Brady passed in the second SB season; there was no running game so Tom Brady threw short passes that were the equivalent of running plays. Similarly, Bush gets those short passes that are basically like runs. 7 yards isn't a great gain but most of the time, if it's there, a QB will take it because it's a solid gain that helps keep drives alive.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #25
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
That isn't even relative. The Saints are winning, but not because of Bush. Looking at his stats, it seems that NO is forcing the ball into his hands and trying to make him produce. He has a lot of receptions, but he has the lowest yards/per catch out of the top 50 recievers. He is a backup, but he isn't getting back up playing time.

Bush is one of the key points of the offense, the offense is the reason we are 7-4, therefore Bush is one of the reasons we are 7-4. He already returned a punt for a win against the Buccaneers, so for sure without him we are 6-5. He makes an impact on the game, some people pad stats in meaningless time, his stats don't tell the whole story of his impact.

You have your viewpoint, I just think it's terrible.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:31 PM   #26
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

Quote:

THat sums it up right there. You see the Saints are winning but you can't figure out why because you have never watched a single game. You look at Bush's stats and you determine that he isn't the reason they are winning.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #27
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia
THat sums it up right there. You see the Saints are winning but you can't figure out why because you have never watched a single game. You look at Bush's stats and you determine that he isn't the reason they are winning.

F*ck it then, just give Bush ROY because he turned the Saints from a bad team to a good team.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The problem is people arent watching how Bush is being used. Thier opinions are stat based which is retarded. I wonder how many watched the Saints game today. Raise your hands...come on not all at once! He's not used nothing like the RB's he has been compared too and expected to be. But people dont care, they only wanna see eye poppin stats.

Call me when the offense centers around Bush and he is the featured RB. As of today he is a backup RB who is used as a reciever so he can be matched up on a LB and take advantage. Nothing more, nothing less. But no one sees that. No one studies how Sean Payton runs his offense. Why?

Saints 7-4, no one expected that not even me. I dont want them to make the playoffs but it looks like they will. 2 more wins and they are in good position. 5 games left.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #29
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

And I've never said Bush isn't a part of the offense. But before the season started he was hyped to be one the best of all time. He has been a good role in the offense, but he hasn't shown to be an amazing NFL player yet.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #30
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
F*ck it then, just give Bush ROY because he turned the Saints from a bad team to a good team.

No, Reggie Bush will not win Rookie of the Year....

Marques Colston, his teammate, will win Rookie of the Year.

No single person turned the Saints from a bad team to a good team, Sean Payton is a major reason we are succeeding, smart football, low turnovers. Drew Brees finally gives the Saints a true leader at quarterback, and the additions of Colston and Bush lessen the load on Deuce McAllister (returning from major knee injury) and a veteran Joe Horn.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: