Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #31
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays
 
Wadeisabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mobbin today
Posts: 1,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
No, Reggie Bush will not win Rookie of the Year....

Marques Colston, his teammate, will win Rookie of the Year.

No single person turned the Saints from a bad team to a good team, Sean Payton is a major reason we are succeeding, smart football, low turnovers. Drew Brees finally gives the Saints a true leader at quarterback, and the additions of Colston and Bush lessen the load on Deuce McAllister (returning from major knee injury) and a veteran Joe Horn.

Well, when you list the Saints standings in a thread about Bush's hype, it kind of sais that you think Reggie Bush is a big reason the Saints are where they are at right now. But now you say it is because of a Team effort and the coach.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #32
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The problem is people arent watching how Bush is being used. Thier opinions are stat based which is retarded. I wonder how many watched the Saints game today. Raise your hands...come on not all at once! He's not used nothing like the RB's he has been compared too and expected to be. But people dont care, they only wanna see eye poppin stats.

Call me when the offense centers around Bush and he is the featured RB. As of today he is a backup RB who is used as a reciever so he can be matched up on a LB and take advantage. Nothing more, nothing less. But no one sees that. No one studies how Sean Payton runs his offense. Why?

Saints 7-4, no one expected that not even me. I dont want them to make the playoffs but it looks like they will. 2 more wins and they are in good position. 5 games left.

As a very big Saints fan, I was very excited about this season, because I thought optimistically we could go somewhere between 7-9 to 9-7, but now we are competing for the division crown and it's fantastic.

You mentioned what I think is possibly the biggest reason we are succeeding, and that's coach Sean Payton. He has to be coach of the year, maybe Mangini in NYJ but as a homer, I say Payton. He has instilled discipline in this team, and Drew Brees has just been fantastic, lots of good things happening. The defense is still suspect at times, but even it has been much improved despite no real talent upgrades anywhere.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #33
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
Well, when you list the Saints standings in a thread about Bush's hype, it kind of sais that you think Reggie Bush is a big reason the Saints are where they are at right now. But now you say it is because of a Team effort and the coach.

Reggie Bush is part of the team, is he not?

I don't think he's the biggest reason at all why we have turned it around. I would list Sean Payton and Drew Brees as 1A and 1B.

However, Bush still makes an impact, it takes more then two people to turn a 3-13 team to a 7-4 team that could approach 10 wins. Payton, Brees, Bush, Colston - they all make an impact, and all deserve credit.

It would be dumb to think that I believe Bush is the only reason why we are 7-4.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #34
Wuxia
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 824
Default

Quote:
Reggie Bush is part of the team, is he not?

I don't think he's the biggest reason at all why we have turned it around. I would list Sean Payton and Drew Brees as 1A and 1B.

However, Bush still makes an impact, it takes more then two people to turn a 3-13 team to a 7-4 team that could approach 10 wins. Payton, Brees, Bush, Colston - they all make an impact, and all deserve credit.

It would be dumb to think that I believe Bush is the only reason why we are 7-4.

Don't forget the return of Deuce Macallister was huge also.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #35
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia
Don't forget the return of Deuce Macallister was huge also.

Deuce McAllister is my favourite player. I would never forget him. I always overvalue the things that he does, but his running game has been solid when counted upon, so yes, you are probably correct when he deserves his dues.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #36
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays
 
Wadeisabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mobbin today
Posts: 1,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Reggie Bush is part of the team, is he not?

I don't think he's the biggest reason at all why we have turned it around. I would list Sean Payton and Drew Brees as 1A and 1B.

However, Bush still makes an impact, it takes more then two people to turn a 3-13 team to a 7-4 team that could approach 10 wins. Payton, Brees, Bush, Colston - they all make an impact, and all deserve credit.

It would be dumb to think that I believe Bush is the only reason why we are 7-4.

Then why even put their record into this if Bush didn't directly affect it?
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #37
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,471
Default

Quote:
It's rare for NFL rookies to be big impact players their rookie season.

there are a ton of rokkie Rbs that have made very large impacts. RB is the easiest position to come in and tear it up right away.

and for those trying to claim Bush is the reason the Saints are winning GET A CLUE!!!!!!!

Its not Bush, its Drew Brees, Sean Payton and getting to actually have a real home field.

Bush is having an impact, but its very minor compared to the 3 reasons i just listed.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #38
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
Default

I hope Bush doesn't live up to the hype, because NO's will be rediculously scary in the NFC.

Brees is in the running for MVP, he's the main reason that team is 7-4.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #39
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays
 
Wadeisabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mobbin today
Posts: 1,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
there are a ton of rokkie Rbs that have made very large impacts. RB is the easiest position to come in and tear it up right away.

and for those trying to claim Bush is the reason the Saints are winning GET A CLUE!!!!!!!

Its not Bush, its Drew Brees, Sean Payton and getting to actually have a real home field.

Bush is having an impact, but its very minor compared to the 3 reasons i just listed.

This is basically all I've been saying.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #40
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
Then why even put their record into this if Bush didn't directly affect it?

He's part of the reason, you told me that I was proving he was the entire reason they turned it around when that is simply not true. He is part of the reason, not the entire reason, there is a definate difference.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #41
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays
 
Wadeisabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mobbin today
Posts: 1,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
He's part of the reason, you told me that I was proving he was the entire reason they turned it around when that is simply not true. He is part of the reason, not the entire reason, there is a definate difference.

It still doesn't make sense. So what the team is doing good and he has a small roll in the offense. Would you be happy if Bush's production was exactly the same and the team was 4-7?
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:57 PM   #42
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
This is basically all I've been saying.

You said Bush was a bust.

I said that he wasn't a bust, and cited that he's made an impact beyond the statiscal figures you used to prove he was a bust. I further showed that he had an impact, by saying that the team had improved vastly over last year.

You said that Bush had no effect at all on the wins.

I said that he has an effect, maybe not the greatest effect but he has an impact, along with guys like Sean Payton, Deuce McAllister, Drew Brees, Marques Colston.

Thus, we've reached a stalemate. You have your own viewpoint, I have my viewpoint, it seems we could go on and on, so I'll just quit right now.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:57 PM   #43
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Bush is one of the key points of the offense, the offense is the reason we are 7-4, therefore Bush is one of the reasons we are 7-4. He already returned a punt for a win against the Buccaneers, so for sure without him we are 6-5. He makes an impact on the game, some people pad stats in meaningless time, his stats don't tell the whole story of his impact.

You have your viewpoint, I just think it's terrible.
No, they're 7-4 cause of their defense and improved line play on both sides of the ball.

For the first time in about five years they don't need to throw the ball all over the place to stay in games and the QB doesn't need to fear the big hit on 5 or 7 step drops.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:00 PM   #44
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
It still doesn't make sense. So what the team is doing good and he has a small roll in the offense. Would you be happy if Bush's production was exactly the same and the team was 4-7?

It would be impossible for him to have a major role in the offense like Tomlinson. We have too many weapons, and it's not necessary. Why force him along when he doesn't have to be. They have found a role where he is successful, the team is successful. He will grow and develop as a player, but as of right now, he is making an impact on a division leading team, can anymore be asked?
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:02 PM   #45
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 17,471
Default

Quote:
You said Bush was a bust.

I said that he wasn't a bust, and cited that he's made an impact beyond the statiscal figures you used to prove he was a bust. I further showed that he had an impact, by saying that the team had improved vastly over last year.

for the hype he got, yea Bush is a bust. is he a bust as a player? no not really, but for what the media made everyone expect from him? yea, big bust.

right now he is nothingmore than Joe Smith. a talented guy drafted high who is a solid but little else.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy