Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2006, 10:31 PM   #61
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,037
Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Bottomline here is that Bush was used in different role earlier in the season but wasn't as effective as Duece, so he got his ass moved to "decoy". If that ain't obvious to understand, then how else do you explain it.

Look at the carries, both had their season highs for carries in the game against Cleveland. There is nothing to explain except for the fact that you are looking for some systematic reasoning that doesn't exist.

The only time Reggie Bush ever carried more then Deuce McAllister was last week against Cincinatti. They basically share the load, 104 carries for Bush versus 135 carries for McAllister. McAllister has 21 receptions to Bush's 61 receptions, McAllister has 6 rushing touchdowns - obviously because he's a downhill runner who is better suited for short yards, not because Bush is incapable.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:32 PM   #62
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays
 
Wadeisabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mobbin today
Posts: 1,648
Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Look at the carries, both had their season highs for carries in the game against Cleveland. There is nothing to explain except for the fact that you are looking for some systematic reasoning that doesn't exist.

The only time Reggie Bush ever carried more then Deuce McAllister was last week against Cincinatti. They basically share the load, 104 carries for Bush versus 135 carries for McAllister. McAllister has 21 receptions to Bush's 61 receptions, McAllister has 6 rushing touchdowns - obviously because he's a downhill runner who is better suited for short yards, not because Bush is incapable.

Then why are you always saying how he is a backup if he gets just as many touches as McAllister?
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:40 PM   #63
Sneakerpro
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Dallas, Texas
Posts: 232
Sneakerpro has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
there are a ton of rokkie Rbs that have made very large impacts. RB is the easiest position to come in and tear it up right away.

and for those trying to claim Bush is the reason the Saints are winning GET A CLUE!!!!!!!

Its not Bush, its Drew Brees, Sean Payton and getting to actually have a real home field.

Bush is having an impact, but its very minor compared to the 3 reasons i just listed.

Co-sign
Sneakerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:45 PM   #64
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,037
Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
Then why are you always saying how he is a backup if he gets just as many touches as McAllister?

He is the backup to Deuce McAllister. You look at any credible depth chart, Deuce McAllister is starter, Reggie Bush is backup. You watch any Saints game, Deuce McAllister is starter, Reggie Bush is backup.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:46 PM   #65
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.
 
TEXAS BATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Posts: 813
TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default

Hotdam you guys can be so sensitive about your precious golden boy. Problem is you guys tuned into the Heisman package, bought the draft hype, and jumped on the Bush bandwagon. Before he even came in, he was projected to be the next WALTER PAYTON. That's blasphemy. And I'm glad to see it backfire in every one of you fart's faces.

Someone hit the nail right on the head when they said it looks like the ball is being forced into his hands. After more and more 3 yard and no gain carries, you could see the Saints brass had to figure something out. Reggie himself had to concede that this isn't the college game, where he could change direction and outrun defenders. In the pros, EVERYBODY'S fast. Even that big hulking 6'6 280 d end will chase you down you like you stole his tv. So what do you do when you're the face of the franchise and been anointed by the league as the heir apparent- you find ways to use him.

Thing is the League's been looking for that marketing machine like what the NBA has. Basketball had Mike, and now they have Lebron. You think it's a coincidence that he ended up in New Orleans, a city rebuilding itself and being discussed around the world? It's called marketing. Edge had an impressive rookie campaign. So did LT. Williams has looked better than him. Hell, even the rb in St Louis looked pretty good. So for a player they said was going to take the league by storm being relatively quiet, and all can be said is, "well, look at his ALL PURPOSE yards" I laugh at you. Markus Vick could get 1200 all purpose yards. Specialty back, decoy, all equal= what is that he does again? Michael Vick destroyed the college ranks and he's well into his 5th-6th season and still hasn't grasped the concept yet.

Highlights are misleading. Don't buy the hype. Just say NO to ESPN
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:49 PM   #66
PP34Deuce
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,323
PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation
Default

THe saints Run blocking scheme was built for Deuce.

Deuce is all about hittin a hole to move the chains.

Reggie is more of a cut back guy. North south,East west.

I think Payton and Brees are slowly figuring out how to utilize them both.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #67
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.
 
TEXAS BATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Posts: 813
TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default

They teach you in high school, hit the hole, THEN make your move.

A player's instincts tell them when to cut back. Right now Bush hasn't adjusted. I thought his game wouldn't translate smoothly, cuz he's a homerun type player. You can't hit a homerun on every play in the NFL. It's a comination of defenders being out of position, poor tackling, and a little bit of luck.

Reggie Bush is what the old coaches call a "toe dipper"
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #68
PP34Deuce
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,323
PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation
Default

"Someone hit the nail right on the head when they said it looks like the ball is being forced into his hands. After more and more 3 yard and no gain carries, you could see the Saints brass had to figure something out. Reggie himself had to concede that this isn't the college game, where he could change direction and outrun defenders. In the pros, EVERYBODY'S fast. Even that big hulking 6'6 280 d end will chase you down you like you stole his tv. So what do you do when you're the face of the franchise and been anointed by the league as the heir apparent- you find ways to use him."

I think he has been impatient wanting to go for the big play every game. But the last 3 games reggie has upped his carry to something like 4.5, and hes been smarter running. the talent is there, He even looks like he can bulk up 10-15 more pounds. Im not worried about reggie. compared to other backs, Reggie is younger then the other guys, and didnt face the burden that they did. He keeps drives going, Brees looks to him on those 3 and 4 situations to pick up enuff for the first down.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:54 PM   #69
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star
 
SupermanOnSteroids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,864
SupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputation
Default

exactly. saints oline can win the matchups at the LOS and give deuce the hole that he has to hit and then he can turn up his tough running and get yards. bush on the other hand needs more 2nd level blocking out of his oline. he needs his linemen to be able to get upfeild and throw some blocks upfeild to be able for him to be sucessful.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:56 PM   #70
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!
 
Pistol Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,037
Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
Hotdam you guys can be so sensitive about your precious golden boy. Problem is you guys tuned into the Heisman package, bought the draft hype, and jumped on the Bush bandwagon. Before he even came in, he was projected to be the next WALTER PAYTON. That's blasphemy. And I'm glad to see it backfire in every one of you fart's faces.

Someone hit the nail right on the head when they said it looks like the ball is being forced into his hands. After more and more 3 yard and no gain carries, you could see the Saints brass had to figure something out. Reggie himself had to concede that this isn't the college game, where he could change direction and outrun defenders. In the pros, EVERYBODY'S fast. Even that big hulking 6'6 280 d end will chase you down you like you stole his tv. So what do you do when you're the face of the franchise and been anointed by the league as the heir apparent- you find ways to use him.

Thing is the League's been looking for that marketing machine like what the NBA has. Basketball had Mike, and now they have Lebron. You think it's a coincidence that he ended up in New Orleans, a city rebuilding itself and being discussed around the world? It's called marketing. Edge had an impressive rookie campaign. So did LT. Williams has looked better than him. Hell, even the rb in St Louis looked pretty good. So for a player they said was going to take the league by storm being relatively quiet, and all can be said is, "well, look at his ALL PURPOSE yards" I laugh at you. Markus Vick could get 1200 all purpose yards. Specialty back, decoy, all equal= what is that he does again? Michael Vick destroyed the college ranks and he's well into his 5th-6th season and still hasn't grasped the concept yet.

Highlights are misleading. Don't buy the hype. Just say NO to ESPN

You clearly haven't read anything I have said. While I have defended Bush saying that he has made an impact and helped the team win, I have also said that he has been an ineffective runner. For the vast majority of the season, he has fiddled to much at the line of scrimmage rather then just hitting the hole and taking the four or five yard gain. At the beginning, he tried to spin back alot, much like at USC and in the preseason against Tennessee. He is great at catching the ball out of the backfield, 61 receptions is fantastic, his yards per catch are low, but that's because he gets lots of dump passes, it's not like he's catching deep balls 20-30 yards downfield. He needs to mature as a runner, and just learn and adjust from his days at USC, it isn't college, and things that worked in college won't work in the NFL. I don't think there is any denying that he is a superb talent, superior athleticism and ability. If his running game had adjusted quickly, people would be touting him as God, because his recieving skills are awesome, but since that hasn't adjusted people will jump on him. I have full confidence he is the real deal, even if it takes a year or two.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:58 PM   #71
PP34Deuce
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,323
PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation
Default

They teach you in high school, hit the hole, THEN make your move.

A player's instincts tell them when to cut back. Right now Bush hasn't adjusted. I thought his game wouldn't translate smoothly, cuz he's a homerun type player. You can't hit a homerun on every play in the NFL. It's a comination of defenders being out of position, poor tackling, and a little bit of luck."

I played HS football,and i under stand what ur saying. But Bush is an exception. In HS and college he was far and away the fastest guy everytime on the field. Look at his HS and college games, and he played for the crowd. He wants to make a big play everytime because thats just his attitude, LIKE barry sanders. I remember barry getting negative 7 yards dancing, and then run for 55 yards and negate it. Well bush is a back up so he cant make up those negative yards.

Bush would b perfect in a zone blocking scheme
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:04 PM   #72
Cool
NBA rookie of the year
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,273
Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dffsaf9
he needs the whole load like tomlinson...they are misusing him as a specialty player, which he is not

This kid is very good. I liked him a lot and I had high expectations. And he is not fulfulling them. But no matter how good this kid gets. He will never be as good as Ladanian Tomlinson. LT is the best in the game. He is an all around back. He can throw, he can run, and he can recieve he can do it all. And even block. I dont think Reggie will ever reach LT status. No matter where they put him. Im sorry but it wont happen.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy