Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
VishaltotheG
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,457
VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

I just don't understand how a girl can flaunt her body around a bunch of horny ass adrenaline filled men and then threaten to sue if they jokingly say "You're hot". It makes no sense to me. Shouldn't she be happy that she got the complement she was trying to get?
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #17
SittingWolf
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 74
SittingWolf has decent reputation
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

I see scantly clad attractive women all the time and I dont feel the need to sext them or make cat-calls, why cant an NFL player be expected to control themself?
SittingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #18
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingWolf
I see scantly clad attractive women all the time and I dont feel the need to sext them or make cat-calls, why cant an NFL player be expected to control themself?


every day as part of your work you do? are you a millionaire athlete with gold diggers chasing you?

are you a man's man type? like many pro athletes are? no offense but the people here acting like they have so much self control and would never gawk or make a comment at a women probably aren't like most men who are used to hanging around other men in a sports environment typically are....most guys i know would. the only ones that wouldn't are the ones with lifetime girlfriends who they tend to hang out with more than dudes.

Last edited by Poodle : 10-11-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,694
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
I just don't understand how a girl can flaunt her body around a bunch of horny ass adrenaline filled men and then threaten to sue if they jokingly say "You're hot". It makes no sense to me. Shouldn't she be happy that she got the complement she was trying to get?

What scenario are you talking about? The two scenarios are
1) Farve sent texts and voicemails to a Jet employee (which for the record i feel she must have at least been flirting wtih him because if not, she'd have raised a fit at the time, no?)
2) SLutty trying to attact attention employee waited in Jets locker room. Jets threw football at her and over her, and yelled things like THIS IS OUR LOCKER ROOM to tell her to get out. Not, YOU ARE HOT.

Neither women is suing or said they will sue.

At least discuss what happened...
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,694
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
every day as part of your work you do? are you a millionaire athlete with gold diggers chasing you?

are you a man's man type? like many pro athletes are? no offense but the people here acting like they have so much self control and would never gawk or make a comment at a women probably aren't like most men who are used to hanging around other men in a sports environment typically are....most guys i know would. the only ones that wouldn't are the ones with lifetime girlfriends who they tend to hang out with more than dudes.

More than half my office is girls under 25. We have college age girl interns walking around all the time. I am married and not nailing girls left and right. I'd think the Jets would have less reason to gawk than I do. They are getting ***** left and right. Somehow, they need to annoy girls right in front of them at work just because they are there?

Exactly how immature are you that you don't see anything wrong here at all?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #21
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
More than half my office is girls under 25. We have college age girl interns walking around all the time. I am married and not nailing girls left and right. I'd think the Jets would have less reason to gawk than I do. They are getting ***** left and right. Somehow, they need to annoy girls right in front of them at work just because they are there?

Exactly how immature are you that you don't see anything wrong here at all?



you really have no experience in a locker room or around a bunch of guys do you?

i've played sports my entire life, and its funny to me how some of you try and portray how men are supposed to act, when in reality a lot of you are just extremely sheltered to what its REALLLY like, and how every group of athletes, let alone men together will be...

its not even in just a sports locker room atmosphere, most blue collar work places will have men gawking and making all types of comments if they're dressed like these girls are. all a lot of rednecks in the automotive world talk about is ***** and beer 24/7...then again half the promotional items are females in bikini's/nekkid posing with some auto product calendar.

the only place where that shit doesn't happen are generally white collar work places due to them being trained to be more polite, relationship/married type personalities, and/or the fear of sexual harassment.

Last edited by Poodle : 10-11-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #22
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking
 
HisJoeness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The SBY, MD
Posts: 4,653
HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

I still don't see why the NFL is investigating. Basically all he tried to do was have sex. He sent the texts or whatever and she said no. There was no complaint filed, she didn't even release the information.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #23
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,694
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
you really have no experience in a locker room or around a bunch of guys do you?

i've played sports my entire life, and its funny to me how some of you try and portray how men are supposed to act, when in reality a lot of you are just extremely sheltered to what its REALLLY like, and how every group of athletes, let alone men together will be...

its not even in just a sports locker room atmosphere, most blue collar work places will have men gawking and making all types of comments if they're dressed like these girls are. all a lot of rednecks in the automotive world talk about is ***** and beer 24/7...then again half the promotional items are females in bikini's/nekkid posing with some auto product calendar.

the only place where that shit doesn't happen are generally white collar work places due to them being trained to be more polite, relationship/married type personalities, and/or the fear of sexual harassment.

If you act in a way that makes your millionaire (billionaire?) owner apoligize and force every employee in your organization to undertake a sexual harrasment seminar, you ****ed up. SORRY.

I'm sorry i'm not a jerkoff and to you all men must act like jerkoffs. you are comparing you in a locker room in an amatuer setting to people getting paid millions of dollars and reporters coming into their work enviornment. its not the same. yes, your softball team can say WOW THAT GIRLS HAS NICE TITS, its not the same as a reporter interviewing you if you are BRett Farve.

Again, when you do something, and it causes your whole company to get scolded, you ****ed up.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #24
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,694
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
I still don't see why the NFL is investigating. Basically all he tried to do was have sex. He sent the texts or whatever and she said no. There was no complaint filed, she didn't even release the information.
i'm relatively sure she is setting up to file something, or else why would she have filed the complaint? BTW - i'm not taking the women's side here. Clearly she is using Farve acting like a tool (he sent a ***** pic? really?) to get attention on herself. I have no sympathy. I just don't get those of you who somehow can't fathom that grown men can't control themselves from acting like assholes. (Does the guy who yells NICE TITS get the girl? I'm thinking most of you have slightly better game.)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #25
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
If you act in a way that makes your millionaire (billionaire?) owner apoligize and force every employee in your organization to undertake a sexual harrasment seminar, you ****ed up. SORRY.

I'm sorry i'm not a jerkoff and to you all men must act like jerkoffs. you are comparing you in a locker room in an amatuer setting to people getting paid millions of dollars and reporters coming into their work enviornment. its not the same. yes, your softball team can say WOW THAT GIRLS HAS NICE TITS, its not the same as a reporter interviewing you if you are BRett Farve.

Again, when you do something, and it causes your whole company to get scolded, you ****ed up.


you mean the company ****ed up, and should take some blame for allowing working females around their employee's to dress like strippers. you also can't pretend all work environments are the same across the board held to the same expectations since that sure isn't true in the blue collar work places as much as the white collar ones, let alone a pro athletes locker rooms.

there is just a completely different dynamic in a mens locker room or on a sports team than YOUR work place. even just watching one episode of Hard Knocks should tell you that, and even then i bet they edit the crap out of their footage not to show the more immature aspects of what goes on. did you not see Jets players simulating jerking off when they were given those shake dumbells at practice?

one of the biggest misconceptions of growing up is everyone automatically just becomes an adult at some point, when the reality is there are a lot of big kids, and when they get put in environments with all men you can bet they'll talk about/behave and say things they'd NEVER say in front of women they know or their girlfriends.

Last edited by Poodle : 10-11-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #26
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i'm relatively sure she is setting up to file something, or else why would she have filed the complaint? BTW - i'm not taking the women's side here. Clearly she is using Farve acting like a tool (he sent a ***** pic? really?) to get attention on herself. I have no sympathy. I just don't get those of you who somehow can't fathom that grown men can't control themselves from acting like assholes. (Does the guy who yells NICE TITS get the girl? I'm thinking most of you have slightly better game.)


its not about game, its about joking, getting laughs around a bunch of other guys, and basically having fun. altho being as blatant as saying "nice tits" is extreme, more like what the Jets did by throwing the ball near the hot reporter to get better peeps, or making some funny comments hoping she doesn't catch on to them in a locker room(really wonder what they specifically said since she supposedly wasn't offended, more than some other dumb chick telling her she should've been).
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #27
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 21,208
bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

I wonder how long the Jets had this info. Can't be a coincidence it all comes out right before the Vikings v Jets game.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #28
JMT
NBA lottery pick
 
JMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,688
JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
you really have no experience in a locker room or around a bunch of guys do you?

i've played sports my entire life, and its funny to me how some of you try and portray how men are supposed to act, when in reality a lot of you are just extremely sheltered to what its REALLLY like, and how every group of athletes, let alone men together will be...

its not even in just a sports locker room atmosphere, most blue collar work places will have men gawking and making all types of comments if they're dressed like these girls are. all a lot of rednecks in the automotive world talk about is ***** and beer 24/7...then again half the promotional items are females in bikini's/nekkid posing with some auto product calendar.

the only place where that shit doesn't happen are generally white collar work places due to them being trained to be more polite, relationship/married type personalities, and/or the fear of sexual harassment.

I don't know how long your entire life is, but I played sports for a long time and at a fairly high level (NCAA Div 1, CBA, 2 years in Europe).

Also ran a club for few years, surrounded by hot, scantily dressed women.

If a guy can't walk past a good looking girl...great looking girl...whatever type of girl you want to consider as part of the equation...and not either ignore her, or look at her without comment, or treat her respectfully (you know, like another human, as opposed to a possession or an animal or something) the problem is with the guy, not the woman.

Your argument is exactly what lawyers tried to use for years in rape cases. "She must have been asking for it".

These guys need to grow up and take some personal responsibility. You want to excuse them because they're millionaire athletes? Millionaire athletes can get a pretty damn fine selection of women without having to dip their pen in the company ink.

Favre's a serial cheater. His wife wrote about it. And long, rambling, muttering voice mails about coming to his hotel room aren't the stuff of impulse, or acting out in front of the boys. He's an asshole...like many of his peers...that think the rules of society don't apply to them.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #29
Poodle
Banned
 
Poodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,396
Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I don't know how long your entire life is, but I played sports for a long time and at a fairly high level (NCAA Div 1, CBA, 2 years in Europe).

Also ran a club for few years, surrounded by hot, scantily dressed women.

If a guy can't walk past a good looking girl...great looking girl...whatever type of girl you want to consider as part of the equation...and not either ignore her, or look at her without comment, or treat her respectfully (you know, like another human, as opposed to a possession or an animal or something) the problem is with the guy, not the woman.

Your argument is exactly what lawyers tried to use for years in rape cases. "She must have been asking for it".

These guys need to grow up and take some personal responsibility. You want to excuse them because they're millionaire athletes? Millionaire athletes can get a pretty damn fine selection of women without having to dip their pen in the company ink.

Favre's a serial cheater. His wife wrote about it. And long, rambling, muttering voice mails about coming to his hotel room aren't the stuff of impulse, or acting out in front of the boys. He's an asshole...like many of his peers...that think the rules of society don't apply to them.


i played club, HS, and college soccer. almost every story told, and there were a lot of them, was about *****. most of the talk revolved around females, *****, and maybe drinking or something funny that happened revolving around drinking/*****. maybe at pro age lvls there is more a expectation of maturity, but i bet its more like the rest of them watch what they say around the few of them that act like their parents(like the coach maybe)

either way you will never convince me when guys in general get together, even older men, they will say/act in ways they never would around their girl. more immature ways, and its really based on humor. immaturity makes for the best humor, intellectual humor is overrated and generally bad. guys when they get together like to have a lot of laffs, and thats what most of it is based on from my experiences.

oh and yeah i do feel the girl that flaunts herself is asking to be victimized much more than the girl that dresses conservatively. thats just common sense, just like a reporter going into a locker room wearing tight/skimpy outfits is asking to be hit on, or commented to, more than the conservatively dressed reporter.

if anyone needs to start owning up to what they do its females. its just dumb how much they're baby'd to the point of accusations ruining some men's lives while everyones afraid to question the female because she's such a victim. its sad most people in our society haven't learned a thing from the Duke lacrosse players case. to some people female's always get the pass even tho they deserve a lot of the blame....

Last edited by Poodle : 10-11-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,316
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
nope, i don't think pro athletes in a locker room or practice environment should be sexually teased every day at their 'work place', and then have to front they're not interested and be the role model robots the NFL wants them to when they're put in that environment. its really human nature to gawk, act immature if you're a man around other men in a locker room, and this expectation to be 'professional' is pretty laughable all things considered. maybe in a perfect, politically correct world but thats the problem here. many people's expectations aren't practical to the real world more than their unrealistic, politically correct perfect world...

what bothers me most is why do these females that are supposedly working get a pass? do they HAVE to dress like that with tight, skimpy shirts, jeans, and obviously flaunting their bodies? where else can females working get away with that other than a strip joint? oh thats right, its standard for working around pro athletes if you're a hot female....

No one gets a pass. The females who dress inappropriately need to check themselves. The males who act like boys need to check themselves. I'm not going to defend the spanish reporter in those outfits. She needs to dress more professional given the enviroment she works in. But that doesnt give professional males a pass, free play to make inappropriate comments/gestures based on what she is wearing. Both sides are wrong, but it seems you want to give the males a pass for thier behavior on some "boys will be boys" nonsense.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy