Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #31
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
i played club, HS, and college soccer. almost every story told, and there were a lot of them, was about *****. most of the talk revolved around females, *****, and maybe drinking or something funny that happened revolving around drinking/*****. maybe at pro age lvls there is more a expectation of maturity, but i bet its more like the rest of them watch what they say around the few of them that act like their parents(like the coach maybe)

either way you will never convince me when guys in general get together, even older men, they will say/act in ways they never would around their girl. more immature ways, and its really based on humor. immaturity makes for the best humor, intellectual humor is overrated and generally bad. guys when they get together like to have a lot of laffs, and thats what most of it is based on from my experiences.

I'm not disagreeing that guys will be guys.

But when certain guys take that to the level of disrespect toward another person, or can't keep their pants on despite their marriage vows, or don't have enough intelligence to know that you don't shit where you eat, that's their problem.

Not the team/organization.

Not the woman.

Not society.

Them.

And to believe that their wealth, fame, testosterone, setting, or anything else releases them of responsibility, or makes them incapable of making decisions with their brains instead of their balls, reduces them to the level of chimps.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #32
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Can you really blame Favre? the Jets locker room? Shouldn't the Jets organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No one gets a pass. The females who dress inappropriately need to check themselves. The males who act like boys need to check themselves. I'm not going to defend the spanish reporter in those outfits. She needs to dress more professional given the enviroment she works in. But that doesnt give professional males a pass, free play to make inappropriate comments/gestures based on what she is wearing. Both sides are wrong, but it seems you want to give the males a pass for thier behavior on some "boys will be boys" nonsense.

hell yeah i am because its THEIR environment. you walk into a men's locker room you should expect to see/hear a men's locker room.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #33
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
hell yeah i am because its THEIR environment. you walk into a men's locker room you should expect to see/hear a men's locker room.

It's the workplace. Office, coal mine, locker room.

If the room you're in or the company you keep determines whether you can interact appropriately with other people, you have either serious emotional issues, or simply lack the intelligence to behave in a reasonable manner.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #34
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I'm not disagreeing that guys will be guys.

But when certain guys take that to the level of disrespect toward another person, or can't keep their pants on despite their marriage vows, or don't have enough intelligence to know that you don't shit where you eat, that's their problem.

Not the team/organization.

Not the woman.

Not society.

Them.

And to believe that their wealth, fame, testosterone, setting, or anything else releases them of responsibility, or makes them incapable of making decisions with their brains instead of their balls, reduces them to the level of chimps.

well fact is there is a LOT of disrespect towards females especially in HS, especially when it involves a bunch of guys telling stories. disrespecting someone happens all of the time in some circles, and its not like its only one way since girls shit on guys too when they get together.

i think most men would agree with you they are acting immature when they get together or in a locker room environment telling stories, and being evolved isn't the point more than getting their laffs.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #35
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

If the room you're in or the company you keep determines whether you can interact appropriately with other people, you have either serious emotional issues, or simply lack the intelligence to behave in a reasonable manner.

no, more like you have to be politically correct to the company around you, not to offend. but when they aren't there and you're in a comfortable setting with like minded people in some way, you all will obviously talk more openly within your common interests. this goes for everyone.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #36
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
well fact is there is a LOT of disrespect towards females especially in HS, especially when it involves a bunch of guys telling stories. disrespecting someone happens all of the time in some circles, and its not like its only one way since girls shit on guys too when they get together.

i think most men would agree with you they are acting immature when they get together or in a locker room environment telling stories, and being evolved isn't the point more than getting their laffs.

In high school, you're a child.

What girls do around other girls, or guys do around other guys, isn't the question.

Guys...or girls...that can't set certain words/behavior aside when in a mixed environment are wrong. They're responsible. They're at fault.

Every college and pro team has lengthy meetings about what is and isn't acceptable, and much of it is based on certain days/times when outsiders will be inside. It's not that tough.

There's no grey area here. You, as a person, are either responsible for your behavior, or you're operating on the same level as an animal.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #38
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
In high school, you're a child.

What girls do around other girls, or guys do around other guys, isn't the question.

Guys...or girls...that can't set certain words/behavior aside when in a mixed environment are wrong. They're responsible. They're at fault.

Every college and pro team has lengthy meetings about what is and isn't acceptable, and much of it is based on certain days/times when outsiders will be inside. It's not that tough.

There's no grey area here. You, as a person, are either responsible for your behavior, or you're operating on the same level as an animal.

well i don't think there is THAT much of a difference with college, and even pro, when guys get together. they're just more conscious of their public image, but even then in their places of comfort(like their locker room) i'm sure there is a lot of talking about this girl, that girl, masseuse, trainer, who hit it, etc. thats typical stuff a bunch of athletes will talk about imo, and you're giving way too much exaggeration towards a man's maturity lvl across the board in this world. in front of girls, sure. when there are all guys, its not even close to realistic.

you can pretend to set your black and white rules, but fact is people don't mind being 'animals' as you put it. being evolved isn't the point all of the time. sometimes immaturity is good for laughs period.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #39
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Jenn

MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #40
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:

So I guess laws don't hold up in nfl locker rooms. They are the players' territories and therefore anything done in them cannot result in any penalties/charges/fines etc.

You sound like you're in ****ing middle school
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #41
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
well i don't think there is THAT much of a difference with college, and even pro, when guys get together. they're just more conscious of their public image, but even then in their places of comfort(like their locker room) i'm sure there is a lot of talking about this girl, that girl, masseuse, trainer, who hit it, etc. thats typical stuff a bunch of athletes will talk about imo, and you're giving way too much exaggeration towards a man's maturity lvl across the board in this world. in front of girls, sure. when there are all guys, its not even close to realistic.

you can pretend to set your black and white rules, but fact is people don't mind being 'animals' as you put it. being evolved isn't the point all of the time. sometimes immaturity is good for laughs period.
So basically you're saying that because these guys get a few laughs out of it and have their fun it's ok. What the ****? Football players and most pro athletes are dbags that have inflated egos and don't know how to act professionally. If these guys didn't have lucky genetics they'd be picking up my trash on tuesday mornings because they don't know how to act professionally and politely. They should be held in check because, honestly, they get away with too much.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #42
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
no, more like you have to be politically correct to the company around you, not to offend. but when they aren't there and you're in a comfortable setting with like minded people in some way, you all will obviously talk more openly within your common interests. this goes for everyone.

imo, crossing the line is crossing the line.

i definitely wouldn't want my daughter or wife to have to deal w/this (or similar) type of BS just b/c they're deemed desirable.

anyway, opinions vary.

Favre allegedly has a history of this (as mentioned in this thread). plus, there's allegedly two other females/staffers who claimed that Favre propositioned them for sex.

dude seems guilty.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #43
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

damn. would smash
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #44
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

In front of all guys isn't the problem, and you seem to be having difficulty understanding that.

Sending pics of your junk to a chick that didn't ask for them doesn't qualify.

Throwing footballs in her direction so you can run over like a 12 year old and look at/say something to her doesn't qualify.

Cat calls and harassment in the locker room when she's there doesn't qualify.

You're saying that, because "boys will be boys" when alone, it's ok for them to do it when they're not.

It's not. Expect them to take responsibility for "right place, right time". People are going to expect you to.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #45
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why would she save the pictures on her phone for two years, and then all of sudden act like it's some huge issue?

Is this the new gig for money hungry hoes or what? Trick rich men into sending provocative pics, and then blackmail them?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: