Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #16
dak121
College superstar

Default Re: The NFC Playoff teams as of RIGHT NOW

1) Giants
2) Falcons
3) Bears/Redskins (pick-em)
5) Bucs
6) Cardinals

Giants have looked like the class of the NFC the past 2 weeks. I don't know what happened before the Bears game but that defense looks as good as it did when they won the Super Bowl.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #17
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Part of my post in primetime's thread last week.

Falcons
Giants
Redskins
Bears
Buccaneers
Cardinals

is how I would rank them currently.
I'd say the same except switch the giants with the falcons. The falcons are good, but the giants have an experienced leader throwing the ball for them and an AMAZING reciever in Nicks(not to mention the other guys). The falcons are doing good now but I don't think they have the mental toughness to win it big. Ryan really has proved nothing yet as he's never even taken a team to the playoffs.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #18
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
I'd say the same except switch the giants with the falcons. The falcons are good, but the giants have an experienced leader throwing the ball for them and an AMAZING reciever in Nicks(not to mention the other guys). The falcons are doing good now but I don't think they have the mental toughness to win it big. Ryan really has proved nothing yet as he's never even taken a team to the playoffs.

He has. Rookie year. Cardinals beat the Falcons in the wildcard round.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #19
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
He has. Rookie year. Cardinals beat the Falcons in the wildcard round.
true, forgot about that. But still, I'll take a vet in his prime leading my team over a guy like ryan who hasn't hit as many pressure situations (not to mention the giants wideouts are among the most talented crew in the league).
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #20
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Guy, for real. Did I **** your girlfriend and sister or something recently? The way you hate on all my posts the last couple days, that's what it seems like.

LOL, so I'm not allowed to disagree with you about anything especially when you're being a giant homer? If you get your panties in a bunch whenever someone disagrees with you about something, then you're probably better off not posting on messageboards.

Quote:
And YOU'RE the one dreaming. Redskins and Bears above the Giants? Seriously? The Giants ****ing RAPED and ABUSED the Bears one week ago and you imbeciles are ranking Chicago above them? How the hell does that even make any sense at all?

Yeah, they raped the Bears 3-0 when Cutler was playing. It was anyone's game. They raped them so badly that they were only up by a TD late in the 4th. I have the Giants and Bears close, but put the Bears ahead because of other games (you realize both teams played other games, right?), I'm not sold on the Giants and I don't like them. Oh, so you can be a giant Bucs homer, but I can't show a little bit of bias against the Giants?

Quote:
And you play the games you're scheduled. Tampa is 3-1, better record than all the teams listed except the Falcons.

You can't go just by records. Kansas City is tied for the 2nd best record in the AFC, but do you have them tied as the 2nd best team?

Quote:
The Saints had the EASIEST schedule last season, but no one's taking away that Super Bowl trophy.

Gee, maybe because they won the Super Bowl...

Quote:
You're a ****ing hater if you think the Cardinals>>>>the Bucs. Dumb ass. I look forward to beating ya'lls ass later in the season.

The Cards just beat the Saints while you just beat a team that just lost to the Browns. I understand why people don't like the Cards. I'm just a hair more confident in them than I am with the Bucs. Where did I ever say the Cards >>>> the Bucs?

Quote:
Btw, keep on giving me bad rep. Dumb ass. I don't give a **** about "rep" on this website.

You're obviously butthurt. Look at all the crying and insults you've been throwing around, little kid. You can't handle any criticism, and you can't handle when somebody disagrees with you.

Quote:
The posters here know what kind of contributor I am. If it makes you feel better by giving me negative rep, then have a blast. Dip shit.

Can you have a civil discussion without getting all butthurt?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I agree with Posterize's list. Id feel more comfortable with the Bucs being ranked higher if I could trust their defense. I might consider bumping themm up a spot if Tanard were still in the line-up.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #22
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

The funniest comeback is when someone on an Internet message board calls someone else "a kid."

Look, jackass, we both have different opinions. And if you knew anything about how I post, you'd know I'm not a huge homer. I've said multiple times, even after us starting off the season, that I'd be surprised if we finished .500. I just don't think that much of the Bears or Redskins. I think all three might finish around .500. The way you were talking made it seem like you still think these are last year's 3-13 Bucs when they're obviously not.

You made one or two good points, but the rest of your long comeback (wonder how much time you wasted compiling all that?) was pretty weak: "Gee maybe b/c they won the Super Bowl." What is that? lol.

You can keep it up, but I'm done with this debate, boy.

The Redskins are also two plays from being a 1-win team. I know that doesn't mean anything b/c they are 3-2, but it's a fact.

Last edited by MK2V1GP : 10-11-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 AM   #23
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

I don't see how you can say you don't think much of the Bears. I don't want to sound like a homer but our Defense and Special Teams have been playing top notch this season and we are deservedly in 1st place.

Yes, the Giants killed our OLine and destroyed Cutler but we weren't even out of that game until the 4th quarter. Our defense was that damn good that night to almost pull it out. Our offense is still working it out but we got our worse game out of the way already. With our next two games, we should be 6-1 and we still get BUF later in the season. That's 7 wins there. We are going to be over .500 because our team is good. We come up with the key plays and have playmakers.

I guess we have to keep proving the doubters. Oh yea, I forgot. We got Julius Peppers!

Bear Down!
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:56 AM   #24
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
The funniest comeback is when someone on an Internet message board calls someone else "a kid."

I wasn't trying to be funny. I call it like I see it. If you act like a kid, then don't be surprised when someone calls you a kid. It's pretty simple, but apparently it's yet another thing you don't understand.

Quote:
You made one or two good points, but the rest of your long comeback (wonder how much time you wasted compiling all that?)

26 seconds.

Quote:
"Gee maybe b/c they won the Super Bowl." What is that? lol.

It made you look stupid. You tried to make some sort of half-assed point and failed miserably.

Quote:
You can keep it up, but I'm done with this debate, boy.

I can see why you'd want to run away.

Quote:
The Redskins are also two plays from being a 1-win team. I know that doesn't mean anything b/c they are 3-2, but it's a fact.

The Redskins are also 1 play away from being 4-1, and the Saints are 3 plays away from being 0-5. What's your point? The Redskins play really well for a half and really poorly for a half. If they can learn to play a complete game, then they can do some damage.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #25
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

fail. this one, much has. ;)

Last edited by MK2V1GP : 10-12-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #26
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

With Cutler, the Bears beat the Bucs by two touchdowns
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #27
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
With Cutler, the Bears beat the Bucs by two touchdowns

Whatever you say....

Some people in here are being bigger homers than I am or just being bigger haters than I am being a homer. And I don't evn think I'm being a homer. Just like everyone's saying, the parity this year is unreal. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday.

Tampa is NOT the same 3-13 team from last year, people. Get that through your thick skulls and tiny brains lol. We are 6-7 in our last 13 games, & we've won 4 straight road games. People hating on our defense -- ever since Morris took over the defense after firing Bates last year, we allow less than 18 ppg.

Chicago is lucky to be 3-2, they should be 2-3 if it weren't for the Calvin Johnson thing.

I guess it's not ok for me to be a little bit confident in my team?
Old 10-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #28
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

No homerism here. Are the Bears a great team? No. Do they match up well against a Bucs teams that's been beating on crap teams? Absolutely.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #29
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

TB is going to have to run the ball better to become a playoff team in the future. I haven't watched them enough to know if it's their O-line or lack of backfield talent but they'll need to run it more and more efficiently to become competitive.

Freeman/Williams/Winslow is a good start, now balance it out with a run game to take pressure off of them. They're headed in the right direction though.

What are they going to do with Ruud? I know he was upset over not getting an extension and he's free to walk after this year.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #30
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
No homerism here. Are the Bears a great team? No. Do they match up well against a Bucs teams that's been beating on crap teams? Absolutely.

Everyone can harp on us beating "crap teams" but like I said...YOU PLAY THE GAMES YOU'RE SCHEDULED.

IF, and i stress if, we beat the Saints, what will the excuse be then?

I really hope, now moreso than ever, that the Bucs make a playoff run and shut all these haters up. People don't realize that we're not the same team from last year. People don't realize the turmoil this team went thru at the start of last season. We basically didn't even have an OC for half the season. But keep on hating.

And for the record, I never once said anything about us being great. I've stressed that we'll finish .500 if that. All I said is that I like our chances if we played Wash & Chi. Stone me to death for saying that!!!!! Wow.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: