Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #31
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The NFC Playoff teams as of RIGHT NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
TB is going to have to run the ball better to become a playoff team in the future. I haven't watched them enough to know if it's their O-line or lack of backfield talent but they'll need to run it more and more efficiently to become competitive.

Freeman/Williams/Winslow is a good start, now balance it out with a run game to take pressure off of them. They're headed in the right direction though.

What are they going to do with Ruud? I know he was upset over not getting an extension and he's free to walk after this year.

We struggle being productive in the run game, BUT we still run it. For example, in week 2, Caddy ran it 27 times. That's a ton of carries for one back. We're committed to our ground game, so its not like we're the Cowboys and pass it EVERY down. And us struggling is a mixture of our OL not being too great at run-blocking, our playcalling and our runners.

Not sure about Ruud. Hopefully we keep him, but IDK. We re-signed our LT, Penn. Hopefully, as long as Ruud plays well this year, he'll get re-signed, too.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #32
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

MK, don't get so defensive lol. It's perfectly reasonable for people to have the Bucs last in their list. Do I agree, no, I think we should be 5th but we only have 1 semi-convincing win (which was against a winless team), our ground game has been terrible, the Pitt debacle and of course we are extremely unproven. We have looked great at times but we still make a bunch of stupid errors throughout the game. Respect will come in due time if we continue our recent play.

Quote:
What are they going to do with Ruud? I know he was upset over not getting an extension and he's free to walk after this year.

My take, Ruud is pretty much invisible every game. He makes tackles and is solid but rather unspectacular. Honestly, if he walked I wouldn't be too upset. He's a good player don't get me wrong, but he seems too passive I guess. I would like more of an impact player and not someone who just racks up tackles after the players gain a decent amount of yardage.

Anyway, I agree with Posterize's list.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #33
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

I just got "defensive" b/c it was my opinion. And I think we do have a chance to beat Chi or Wash if we played right now. And I'm a fairly pessimistic fan for the most part. I know it's only 4 games into the season for us, but we are NOT the same 3-13 team we were last year and that's how it seems everyone is looking at us. I'll just wait to see if the Bucs can prove people wrong.

What I don't get is people were comin at me like I was talkin Tampa was super bowl bound, yet I was saying we'll be doing great just to finish .500. I'm not like some blind Skins fan (not pointing out anyone in particular) who thinks we have a shot at the Super Bowl.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:10 AM   #34
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Maybe we wouldn't get mad if you at least got some facts straight.

You said the Bears are lucky to be 3-2 and in another thread you had said the Bears had the same record as the Bucs. We are 4-1. Our only "lucky" win was the Lions. Yes, we benefitted off a dumb call. But hey, the Pats got a dynasty out of a dumb call. We handled the Cowgirls, we stopped GB, and well, our defense/special teams did exactly what it had to do against the Panthers when you have Todd Collins as your starting Quarterback. The Giants did manhandle us on offense but our defense did frustrate there offense as well.

Yes, you can say that TB is improved. And they are, they got my boy Regus Benn there and some young playmakers on Def. But still, you know, us as Bears fans feel like we are in the top tier and should be talked about with the top teams in the league and we feel disrespected when a team that had the 3rd pick in the draft thinks they have a chance against us. It's the same way you feel about people talking about your team. You feel like your Bucs are in the middle pack but people still see them as bottom feeders. You wanna get that stigmatism off your teams back. Just like we do.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:54 AM   #35
Mex-Laker
Decent playground baller

I`m just happy that the Bucs are even in the playoffs talk...

That`s a huge improvement and hopefully this young team makes really something happen this season.

This is the typical team that will upset some good teams in the season in which the other team will call them as " Trap games " and I`m good with that hell yeah !

Hopefully we make a good run this season !

Go Bucs !!!
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:24 AM   #36
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Maybe we wouldn't get mad if you at least got some facts straight.

You said the Bears are lucky to be 3-2 and in another thread you had said the Bears had the same record as the Bucs. We are 4-1. Our only "lucky" win was the Lions. Yes, we benefitted off a dumb call. But hey, the Pats got a dynasty out of a dumb call. We handled the Cowgirls, we stopped GB, and well, our defense/special teams did exactly what it had to do against the Panthers when you have Todd Collins as your starting Quarterback. The Giants did manhandle us on offense but our defense did frustrate there offense as well.

Yes, you can say that TB is improved. And they are, they got my boy Regus Benn there and some young playmakers on Def. But still, you know, us as Bears fans feel like we are in the top tier and should be talked about with the top teams in the league and we feel disrespected when a team that had the 3rd pick in the draft thinks they have a chance against us. It's the same way you feel about people talking about your team. You feel like your Bucs are in the middle pack but people still see them as bottom feeders. You wanna get that stigmatism off your teams back. Just like we do.
The bears are better than the bucs but they are not a real contender. Most teams win because they have a great QB to lead them to victory. The bears don't have this essential ingredient. You can pray cutler turns out that way but that doesn't make it true right now.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #37
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

One thing about the Bucs this year is the differennce in Josh Freeman he has really developed and is balling out there. He has Mike Williams as a astud receiver now and if Arrelious Benn can developed that could be a really good pair.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #38
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
The bears are better than the bucs but they are not a real contender. Most teams win because they have a great QB to lead them to victory. The bears don't have this essential ingredient. You can pray cutler turns out that way but that doesn't make it true right now.

Bears made the Super Bowl with REX GROSSMAN as QB.

Unless you're a moron I don't think you can possibly compare Grossman to Cutler, who is actually an underrated QB these days. (I would easily take him over guys like Palmer and McNabb, and they don't get bashed nearly as much)
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: