Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Basketball tips

Let us share tips we have learned throughout our playing days for the younger, greener ISHiots.

1. Develop a go-to-shot.

whether it be a lay up, set shot, jumpshot, hook shot what have you.

2. Know your role.

you gotta be honest with yourself about your abilities.

3. When running a fast break or even a half court offense, spacing is key.

I can't STAND running a break (I'm a PG) and seeing two dudes running close to me...>START WIDE on a break and run the lanes it makes a big difference.

4. Let "And1" type players dribble.

I love And1 type guys.....the hardest part about guarding them is not falling asleep out of boredom while they do 8 pointless moves.

Watch the belly button, stay on your feet, and let them shoot jumpshots before giving up layups.

5. Don't be afraid.

People can smell fear and confidence is one of your biggest assets on the court. Stay confident not cocky.

6. Find a good group of guys to play with on a regular basis.

no fun playing with guys that want to fight, talk, or use the court as a fashion show runway.

7. PRACTICE YOUR FUNDAMENTALS.

Triple threat
Proper j form
dribbling with your head up
Bounce passing!
setting picks
boxing out

the small things add up
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
TJA7
I airball my layups

TJA7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Basketball tips

Learn to use your off hand!! If you can't go left and right your severely limiting your options on offense.

I also recently decided to stop shooting 3 pointers off the dribble. I now only shoot them as a catch and shoot option and my percentages are infinitely better and i'm a more effective offensive player now.

Watch the core/hips of the player you are guarding and not the ball. The offensive player can fake with the ball and get you off balance if your watching the ball. Instead follow the players body, they can't go anywhere without their hips and core giving away what they are about to do. Also keep your hands up and get your chest in front of them when they try to drive, with your hands up the referee can see your not initiating any of the contact.

Move off the ball on offense! You can get so many open looks and easy layups if you know how to move off the ball properly!
TJA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Good point. Having an adroit off hand is essential for every sound player.

Once you have mastered a move and have a counter move or two for said move you have got little game.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
jerzymade
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jerzymade has an OK reputation so far

the most important thing I've learned is to have the next play mentality learning how to forget a bad possession or play will make a hug difference in your game.
jerzymade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzymade
the most important thing I've learned is to have the next play mentality learning how to forget a bad possession or play will make a hug difference in your game.

Forget a bad offense possession, with a good possession in defense.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
jerzymade
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jerzymade has an OK reputation so far

^^^^ true even when you have a good defensive play you have to go into next play mode. The good and the bad plays you have to let go. Until after the game when you can trash them about what you did to them lol.
jerzymade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzymade
^^^^ true even when you have a good defensive play you have to go into next play mode. The good and the bad plays you have to let go. Until after the game when you can trash them about what you did to them lol.

ahahahha
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: