Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Jermichael Finley likely done for season

Yikes.

A season in which I thought the Packers were poised to unseat the Colts and Saints as the most exciting offense is quickly turning to hell.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5681176

He is irreplaceable.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jermichael Finley likely done for season

I'm pretty sure I saw Donald Lee is injured too, they're down to 3rd string.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Has there ever been a team with this many injuries through 5 games?

The ***** about this is if Lee doesn't fumble the ball Finley doesn't get injured. But i like Quarless he has shown a lot of potential.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you really need a tight end that bad the Eagles will give you Clay Harbor (never heard of him? he's a TE I wouldn't lie to you) and you can give us Clay Matthews. He's overrated anyway.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Leading up to the start of the regular season, if there was one sure-thing for me, it was that the Packers were going to set some records offensively. Rodgers had looked like a machine in the preseason and they had a ridiculous amount of talent at every position (except RB).

Here we are.... Five weeks later and, with injuries mounting, they will be lucky to make the playoffs. I'm honestly shocked.

I've always had a soft spot for GB, too. It is a small market team in an area that lives and dies with its football... Much like Cleveland. Plus, Charles Woodson has always been my favorite non-Browns player.

I guess the one bright spot is that I don't have Finley on any of my fantasy teams (although I wanted him badly). I do, however, have Greg Jennings on two of my big money league teams. I'm wondering how this injury will impact his production. He has been a major disappointment thus far.

Maybe without Finley on the field, he will get more looks?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Jennings can't get worse. Finley's gotten a ton of love from Rodgers through 5 weeks. Jennings' looks will definitely go up, but it doesn't mean anything unless Rodgers is playing. They're saying it looks good that he'll make his start this week, but Flynn has been taking the 1st team reps.

For the Pack as a team though, that's a huge mismatch every game that they're losing and obviously the team as a whole is banged up pretty badly too. They're just lucky the Vikings have started off even slower and I'm not confident the Bears are for real. Still give the Pack a good chance of making the playoffs
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
Jennings can't get worse. Finley's gotten a ton of love from Rodgers through 5 weeks. Jennings' looks will definitely go up, but it doesn't mean anything unless Rodgers is playing. They're saying it looks good that he'll make his start this week, but Flynn has been taking the 1st team reps.

For the Pack as a team though, that's a huge mismatch every game that they're losing and obviously the team as a whole is banged up pretty badly too. They're just lucky the Vikings have started off even slower and I'm not confident the Bears are for real. Still give the Pack a good chance of making the playoffs
They still have a pretty good shot, just because the NFC North is almost completely upside down (except Detroit) at the moment. As a matter of fact, the entire NFC is pretty much upside down.

The really shocking thing for me isn't that Green Bay has started out 3-2... It is how mediocre they have looked for much of the season and that is WITH Finley and Rodgers on the field. I just can't help but to wonder, if Green Bay wasn't even close to as explosive as I thought they would be with probably the second or third best TE in the NFL on the field, how are they going to look without him for the remainder of the year?

I hope that they can come together and make up for his absence... I really do. But, it won't be easy.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
They still have a pretty good shot, just because the NFC North is almost completely upside down (except Detroit) at the moment. As a matter of fact, the entire NFC is pretty much upside down.

The really shocking thing for me isn't that Green Bay has started out 3-2... It is how mediocre they have looked for much of the season and that is WITH Finley and Rodgers on the field. I just can't help but to wonder, if Green Bay wasn't even close to as explosive as I thought they would be with probably the second or third best TE in the NFL on the field, how are they going to look without him for the remainder of the year?

I hope that they can come together and make up for his absence... I really do. But, it won't be easy.

They need a capable runningback more than they need Finley IMO and in the opinions of most in Wisconsin lol. They get off to leads at the beginning of games because they are explosive scoring the ball, but fail in the second halves of games to hold the lead because they lack a running game. Loss of Grant was way bigger than most would have imagined, but it's just sad because they refuse to trade picks for assets. Lynch made too much sense and didn't happen because of stinginess.

I think the combination of Driver (going across the middle) and Jennings (downfield threat) can make up for Finley more or less, that's what they relied on before this year anyways and their offense was solid, but not having a back who can get you tough yards late in games is just brutal
Old 10-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
They need a capable runningback more than they need Finley IMO and in the opinions of most in Wisconsin lol. They get off to leads at the beginning of games because they are explosive scoring the ball, but fail in the second halves of games to hold the lead because they lack a running game. Loss of Grant was way bigger than most would have imagined, but it's just sad because they refuse to trade picks for assets. Lynch made too much sense and didn't happen because of stinginess.

I think the combination of Driver (going across the middle) and Jennings (downfield threat) can make up for Finley more or less, that's what they relied on before this year anyways and their offense was solid, but not having a back who can get you tough yards late in games is just brutal
Their running game is certainly a problem. I was never big on Ryan Grant (fumbles and injuries are a constant with him), but compared to Brandon Jackson, he is Jim Brown. I'm not sure why the Pack didn't see this coming and get a little better insurance behind Grant. He is known for his injury problems.

The best they could do for a backup was Brandon Jackson? That guy is pretty awful. The Browns are no world-beaters, but as bad as we may be, we have four backs better than Jackson (Hillis, Jerome Harrison, James Davis, Chris Jennings).

In fact, if I were Green Bay, I would be getting on the phone with Cleveland. We need draft picks and a good back like Jerome Harrison is just wasting away behind Hillis. Harrison would do wonders for Green Bay. Although he is small in stature, he can actually run in-between the tackles and he has explosive speed when he gets into the open.

EDIT: Nevermind... The Browns just traded Harrison to Philly.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Their running game is certainly a problem. I was never big on Ryan Grant (fumbles and injuries are a constant with him), but compared to Brandon Jackson, he is Jim Brown. I'm not sure why the Pack didn't see this coming and get a little better insurance behind Grant. He is known for his injury problems.

The best they could do for a backup was Brandon Jackson? That guy is pretty awful. The Browns are no world-beaters, but as bad as we may be, we have four backs better than Jackson (Hillis, Jerome Harrison, James Davis, Chris Jennings).

In fact, if I were Green Bay, I would be getting on the phone with Cleveland. We need draft picks and a good back like Jerome Harrison is just wasting away behind Hillis. Harrison would do wonders for Green Bay. Although he is small in stature, he can actually run in-between the tackles and he has explosive speed when he gets into the open.
I think your watching the wrong Ryan Grant. He didn't fumble once last season. People underrate him because he isn't flashy. He has had the second most rushing yards the passed couple years behind Peterson. Grant was a big part of this offense.

My opinion is that our offense was becoming so dependent on Finley that it was actually hurting the offense. And the fact that we have to throw it 40+ times with this shitty offensive line doesnt help.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
tian820
NBA lottery pick

Wow that Harrison for Bell trade really did JUST happen. Crazy. Shouldn't the Browns have gotten a late round pick at least with Bell? I know the Browns don't like Harrison, but seems like they could have gotten a bit more for his talent
Old 10-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #12
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I think your watching the wrong Ryan Grant. He didn't fumble once last season. People underrate him because he isn't flashy. He has had the second most rushing yards the passed couple years behind Peterson. Grant was a big part of this offense.

My opinion is that our offense was becoming so dependent on Finley that it was actually hurting the offense. And the fact that we have to throw it 40+ times with this shitty offensive line doesnt help.
Interesting statistic about Grant's season-long run without a fumble. I knew that he had a great year in 2009, but I didn't watch the Packers a ton when they weren't in primetime. I do remember a game against Seattle, I think... A couple of years ago. He had something like two fumbles in the first five minutes of the game. I guess that must be where I got the impression that he has fumbling problems.

As for injury problems... Those date back to Grant's days at Notre Dame.

You may have a point about the offense becoming too dependent upon Finley. The few times that I watched GB this season, it seemed that he was absolutely dominating the looks and targets. Now, there is nothing wrong with that since he is an excellent player, but Jennings was barely touching the ball.

It seems to me that getting Greg involved more would be a good thing for the offense. Then again, he is a downfield threat and, if your line can't hold off a pass rush, it doesn't give that kind of player a ton of time to get open. Maybe all of the Packers' problems start with the O-line?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Seriously? He's my starting fantasy TE. Screw the Packers, now I'm screwed
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That offense is getting destroyed piece by piece.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #15
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

they are still my favs to win the North...

that being said I think NFL fans went overboard with the Rodgers hype...

not saying he won't live up to that hype, but he clearly has the ability to make mistakes...people should have put the breaks on that.

I'm also not sure that the Ryan Grant injury was that big of a loss...losing Fin hurts though
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: