Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #16
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jermichael Finley likely done for season

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
they are still my favs to win the North...

that being said I think NFL fans went overboard with the Rodgers hype...

not saying he won't live up to that hype, but he clearly has the ability to make mistakes...people should have put the breaks on that.

I'm also not sure that the Ryan Grant injury was that big of a loss...losing Fin hurts though

How wasn't Ryan Grant that big of a loss? They have basically no running game now. Besides Brandon Jackson's one run of 71 yards he's averaging 3.5 ypc and John Kuhn is only slightly better. They have a really bad running game without him.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #17
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
How wasn't Ryan Grant that big of a loss? They have basically no running game now. Besides Brandon Jackson's one run of 71 yards he's averaging 3.5 ypc and John Kuhn is only slightly better. They have a really bad running game without him.
I just don't think Grant was a good RB...that's all

It isn't like they lost a Peterson or a CJ or something...they lost an average RB...

at least that is how I see it, others might disagree with that...

ALSO, not sure if there is any truth to this but I have read rumors from other fans (no real source) that the Pack are trying to go after DeAngelo Williams (sine the Panthers are already rebuilding) or Willis McGahee...

Grant's injury could lead to them getting a better RB...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #18
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation

i own finley in 4 of 6 leagues. highly frustrating but what can you do. it happened on a total fluke play. quarless looks to be decent.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #19
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
I just don't think Grant was a good RB...that's all

It isn't like they lost a Peterson or a CJ or something...they lost an average RB...

at least that is how I see it, others might disagree with that...

ALSO, not sure if there is any truth to this but I have read rumors from other fans (no real source) that the Pack are trying to go after DeAngelo Williams (sine the Panthers are already rebuilding) or Willis McGahee...

Grant's injury could lead to them getting a better RB...

The Packers generally don't trade picks for players. I said this above, they're just stingy like that and with their drafting history (pretty damn good), you can't blame them too much. They don't play the market and keep it safe. The only big signing they've made in recent history was Charles Woodson. They wouldn't give up a 4th for Moss a few years ago (when Oakland had him and Favre was lobbying for him) and they wouldn't give up a 4th this year for a talented and still young Marshawn Lynch, which was clearly a huge hole for the team. I can't imagine them giving up what it would take for Deangelo Williams. Pipe dream for Pack fans.

I've never been a huge Grant fan either, but the dude did get it done for 3 years, nothing but solid production. Maybe Brandon Jackson is really this bad, or maybe Grant's just really underrated
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #20
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't want Lynch for free but I agree with what you are saying...Law problems, injuries, and just not all that anyway...

Panthers would probably want a 1st and MORE for Williams...

McGahee might be had for cheap though...
Old 10-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm also not sure that the Ryan Grant injury was that big of a loss...losing Fin hurts though

Do you want Brandon Jackson in Marlo's league?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #22
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Do you want Brandon Jackson in Marlo's league?
the money league or Marlo's PPR?

perhaps...

I am pretty stacked in the money league though...Gore/Best/T. Jones/F. Jones...
Old 10-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
the money league or Marlo's PPR?

perhaps...

I am pretty stacked in the money league though...Gore/Best/T. Jones/F. Jones...

Yeah money league. Trade with Dooms then trade with me to replace the RB you lose.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #24
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah money league. Trade with Dooms then trade with me to replace the RB you lose.
I don't think he is going for the T. Jones/ Clark trade anymore...he is shopping around now...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: