Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #46
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation
Default Re: Arenas fined for faking injury

Arenas is chill as hell.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #47
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

This a trade request, nothing more.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #48
BigSmooth4
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BigSmooth4 has an OK reputation so far

What he did was cool. If he would have kept his mouth shut this would be a non issue. I respect him for it. He is going to get his minutes so why not help a youngster shine.
BigSmooth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #49
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

The Wiz should have made an attempt to void his contract over the gun issue.

Obviously they can't keep him around.
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #50
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Arenas is just trying to get out of Washington. He wants no part of their future. He's basically just saying "f#*k it" to push a trade before the dead-line. I wonder if he will continue to be a problem elsewhere...well, he probably would. He seems like a bonehead.
You're probably right. The question is, will he hurt his trade value to much in the process? Normally, no one is untradeable but he's really pushing it...probably still a taker out there but it's also possible he breaks the final straw and does something dumb enough for them to void the contract...though if that was possible you'd think they'd have done it over the gun thing.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #51
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

if nick young wants to start he better earn it
you don't want players being handed something to them on a silver plate, they might start to feel entitled to it
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #52
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Arenas is just trying to get out of Washington. He wants no part of their future. He's basically just saying "f#*k it" to push a trade before the dead-line. I wonder if he will continue to be a problem elsewhere...well, he probably would. He seems like a bonehead.

What a dumb way to ask to be traded.

dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #53
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

If this is his way of asking to be dealt as soon as possible, I underestimated how dumb Gilbert Arenas truly is.

It's one thing to help out a team-mate that is left behind in the rotation during a pre-season game. It's another thing to actually tell the media you "faked" the injury. How dumb is this man? And why am I so surprised?

If Gilbert Arenas wasn't already untradable, then he is now. It's just adding to the list of negatives that far out weigh the positives for this guy. His massive contract, his antics, his injuries, his lies, and now were back to injuries again, only this time: HE'S FAKING THEM. What would the motive for any team in this league be for trading for him? Gee, I hope he can still play (crosses-fingers). The Washington Wizards are screwed. They are stuck with him. Unless they dish out every 1st round pick that they own, I don't see Gilbert Arenas going anywhere.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #54
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Why are people giving this idiot credit for having "good intentions"? This couldn't be further from the truth. If there were any "good intentions" in his mind, he would have kept his trap shut about the entire episode.

The truth is this is another "look at me" ploy by this moron, who appears to have learned absolutely nothing from the 50-game suspension and jail-time.

I considered him an idiot when he came into the league from Arizona, but never suspected that he would sink to the depths that he has. The Wiz wish they had a time machine to go back to the day before his ridiculous contract was signed.

And for people saying that its just the pre-season -- more is coming in the regular season, trust me. Just wait.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #55
KABIRC
I brick open layups

KABIRC has an OK reputation so far
Talking Re: Arenas fined for faking injury

aha
First the guns and now faking an injury
KABIRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #56
sbw19
Decent college freshman

sbw19 has decent reputation

Should've pulled a LeBron to give Young more PT instead of lying to coach and then calling a spade a spade.
sbw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #57
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They are paying this guy 100+ mil to play ball, and he's faking injuries so some low paid bench player can get more PT?

I like Arenas, but they need to trade him if possible. He wants Young to get more PT, make it happen.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #58
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

His heart was in the right place...
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #59
mayo'sgrizz
Where OJ Mayo Happens

mayo'sgrizz has an OK reputation so far

he is one my favorite players just wish he wasnt such a clown and immature. really needs to grow up , but at times he almost seems depressed too
mayo'sgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #60
Fatstogie
Serious playground baller

Fatstogie has decent reputation

Should fine d wade too.

Dude aint never pulled a hammy in his life. And does it 3 min into the big 3? Bullshit. Need to fine his lyin ass too. His first hamstring injury ever comes at that time? I aint buyin it.

At leat Gil did it to be cool with someone else. Wade just did it so people can tsee tape.
Fatstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: