Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #31
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: your favorite albums of 2010?

Forgot foreign exchange and damu came out this year.

Id rank my favorites as:

1. Monae
2. Badu
3. The Roots
4. Damu
5. Foreign Exchange (loved this album tho)

Oh and Big Boi too. Id prob put him at 5/6.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:03 AM   #32
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
(damu the fudgemunk - how it should sound)

Where can i download that thing? I'm listening a promo and its incredbile.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:16 AM   #33
the GIBBET
Banned

the GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this boardthe GIBBET has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
Where can i download that thing? I'm listening a promo and its incredbile.

I'm sure you can buy it on iTunes.
the GIBBET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #34
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Probably Plastic Beach by the Gorillaz...The best is yet to come though (Kanye West, J.Cole, Lupe Fiasco, and AMY WINEHOUSE!) all in this fourth quarter up until the first quarter of next year.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #35
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris

Never heard of this guy, but apparently originality doesn't suit him.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:31 AM   #36
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So far (in order):

1. Surfer Blood - Astro Coast
2. LCD Soundsystem - It's Happening
3. Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
4. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
5. Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
6. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
7. Shad - TSOL
8. Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz
9. Broken Bells - Broken Bells
10. Manic Street Preachers - Postcards From a Young Man
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #37
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
I don't share your musical tastes, but Apocalyptica have some good Metallica covers.

I had the pleasure of seeing them last month or so when they came through Portland, Oregon with Dir En Grey. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:45 AM   #38
mayo'sgrizz
Where OJ Mayo Happens

mayo'sgrizz has an OK reputation so far

MAC MILLER- K.I.D.S.

good shit
mayo'sgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:40 AM   #39
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

So seeing as how a lot of people spoke highly of this Damu the Fudgemunk album.. I decided to check it out. I'm really digging this. Almost reminds me of listening to this old DJ Shadow stuff I used to listen to, maybe mixed a little bit with the jazzy feel of Squarepusher.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:42 AM   #40
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
So seeing as how a lot of people spoke highly of this Damu the Fudgemunk album.. I decided to check it out. I'm really digging this. Almost reminds me of listening to this old DJ Shadow stuff I used to listen to, maybe mixed a little bit with the jazzy feel of Squarepusher.

get his album with his group y society. the rapper isn't as good as him, not even close, but its still pretty good.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:04 AM   #41
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Cool I'll check that out.

Also just remembered an album I really liked:

Carolina Chocolate Drops - Genuine Negro Jig
Hit 'Em Up Style

Check this shit out. It's amazing.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #42
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeasayer - Odd Blood
The Black Keys - Brothers
Surfer Blood - Astro Coast
The Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #43
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #44
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Here are the 5 I've listened to, have a lot to get to obviously:
1. The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkl6Y...eature=related
2. Sleigh Bells - Treats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViBt55HRkXw
3. Menomena - Mines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8aQVbvTsc
4. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
5. Beach House - Teen Dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ipyWYO3LM

Arcade Fire's album was disappointing to me, maybe I'm just judging it too harshly against their first two. Sleigh Bells will probably wear on me eventually, though I think I've been saying that since it came out.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #45
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didn't love too much this year, honestly, but it is the first year I was very conscious of new music and I'm discovering new sounds all the time.

My list so far:

Delorean - Subiza
Four Tet - There Is Love In You
School of Seven Bells - Disconnect From Desire
Yeasayer - Odd Blood

These are on my rotation constantly.

Some others I really enjoyed:

the Chemical Brothers - Further
Massive Attack - Heligoland
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: