Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 03-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
SinJackal
Banned

Default ESPN is covering the Spurs for once!

Of course, it's about Parker being injured for 6-7 games and them talking about how they're "doomed" now.

ESPN won't cover their success, but they report the shit out of any losses or injuries they get. Talk about douchebags. It's like they won't acknowledge that the Spurs exist unless the Celtics, Lakers, or Heat beat them, or if they get injured so they can jump in with "I told you so"'s. Even though they all predicted 50 wins max for them, and they're already there pretty much before March.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Talking Re: ESPN is covering the Spurs for once!

The game against the Heat shut them up didn't it?
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
one2

Default Re: ESPN is covering the Spurs for once!

I am sure they are eating up their 4 game losing streak with TD out.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #4
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Tim being out is kind of a blessing. Gives the bench players more playing time. :)

That 3rd qtr against the Portland starters showed the bench can play... other than Bonner and RJ who totally ruined the end of the game.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:21 AM   #5
SinJackal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2
I am sure they are eating up their 4 game losing streak with TD out.

They are. Every time they talk about it, no matter who it is, they have big smiles on their faces. It's actually sort of funny, since it proves how insecure they were about the Spurs barely losing doubel digit games this year until key players got injured and missed games.

For Spurs fans, sure the losses suck, since it drops us in the standings a bit, but those losses don't even in the slightest lower my opinion of the team's ability. When we actually have all our guys, the Spurs can beat anyone in a series. . .and we've proved we can beat anyone this season when everyone's been healthy. The only team we haven't beaten yet is Boston, who we play tomorrow with a hobbled squad. If all 3 of our main guys are playing, I like our chances even if Timmy and Manu are playing hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScolaFan
Tim being out is kind of a blessing. Gives the bench players more playing time. :)

That 3rd qtr against the Portland starters showed the bench can play... other than Bonner and RJ who totally ruined the end of the game.

I think the officating was a big killer in that game. There aren't really a lot of teams I feel seem to have halo rules over their team, but the Blazers are one of them. The last three games against Portland have been just horribly called. Every time the Spurs got close in that last game, magically the Blazers got 2-3 calls in a row. I swear, every time I see that in a game. . .even if it happens in the 2nd quarter, it seems like 90% of the time, the team who gets the benefit of that wins the game in the end. The other 10% of the time, the game is hella close and the other team barely pulls it out because they were red hot shooting.

Anyway, I'm glad we got to see more of Splitter. For the first time EVER, I actually uttered the words, "if Splitter didn't get those cheap fouls called on him, we'd be winning!". I had to look myself in the mirror after saying it, then I watched Splitter play some more, and he looked good. He still needs some work, but I think we've finally seen that Splitter actually has potential to be a good player. I was very disappointed with him for the first 2/3rds of the season aside from a few odd games during garbage time. . .but 3 of those last 4 games, he looked damn impressive. If only he could stay out of foul trouble, he might actually be an asset in the playoffs with his size and length.

Last edited by SinJackal : 03-31-2011 at 03:30 AM.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Hey... what happened to our avitars?
Old 09-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
mLenter
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default услуги по взл

Предоставляем услугу: взлом почты
работаем без предоплаты
как взломать почтовый ящик
как взломать почту
mLenter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: