Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #16
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Official BCS Standings thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Well, looks like we'll get to listen to playmaker some for awhile since Brad Edwards' new projected top 5 for the BCS is...

1. Oklahoma
2. Boise State
3. TCU
4. Oregon
5. Auburn

Auburn won't win out, their defense is awful, the've lived life on the edge too much this year, and will slip up and lose somewhere. I would have to believe if Oregon wins out they would eventually jump TCU and Boise, but OU doesn't really have a tough schedule left, and their next tough game will be against Nebraska or Missouri in the Big 12 CG.

WTF?!?!?!

Why the **** is Oregon 4th? Oregon's dominated everyone they've played and they've even played a tougher schedule than everyone ranked ahead of them in this scenario. WTF is wrong with the BCS?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #17
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
there is NO WAY IN HELL the BCS will allow Boise State in over a Big 12 undefeated...it will never happen

I bet it will regardless of whether or not Boise State actually deserves it. If Oregon and Boise State run the table and keep blowing teams out (very important), they'll be in the title game. Typically, when teams are ranked high in the beginning and keep winning, they maintain that high ranking as well as the votes. Voters rarely jump ship.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #18
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

i've been an Auburneer thru thick and thin, and i honestly think that we're a top 5 team in the Nation.

imo, it should be

1. Oregon
3. Boise State
3. Oklahoma
4. TCU
5. Auburn
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #19
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I bet it will regardless of whether or not Boise State actually deserves it. If Oregon and Boise State run the table and keep blowing teams out (very important), they'll be in the title game. Typically, when teams are ranked high in the beginning and keep winning, they maintain that high ranking as well as the votes. Voters rarely jump ship.
Boise doesn't play ANYONE....

the voters will jump ship (like the voter that KG just posted) after OU stomps Nebraska or whoever in the Big 12 Championship game...

you'll see...

YOU ALL WILL SEE!!!!

lol
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #20
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
i've been an Auburneer thru thick and thin, and i honestly think that we're a top 5 team in the Nation.

imo, it should be

1. Oregon
3. Boise State
3. Oklahoma
4. TCU
5. Auburn

You really think Auburn is a top 5 team? I admire your loyalty to your team but your defense is pitiful.

If Mississippi State had a competent QB and WR's who could have actually caught the ball, then you probably would have lost that game.

You needed Clemson to miss a FG in OT and shoot themselves in the foot to beat them at home.

You needed Stephen Garcia to cough it up twice and Steve Spurrier to make a boneheaded coaching decision to beat South Carolina.

You needed some help from the officials with two calls that gave Auburn two TD's and took the wind out of Arkansas' sails two different times in the game; something that is very hard to overcome just once on the road, let a long twice.

Sorry, I just don't see Auburn as a legit top 5 team. If they had a better defense, then yes, I would. They are a very good team but they've slipped by a lot of teams this year, albeit good teams. I just feel like Auburn has played with fire all year long and sooner or later they're going to get burned. They may finish the season in the top 10 but I can't see them getting through the rest of the season without dropping a couple of games.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #21
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
You really think Auburn is a top 5 team? I admire your loyalty to your team but your defense is pitiful.

If Mississippi State had a competent QB and WR's who could have actually caught the ball, then you probably would have lost that game.

You needed Clemson to miss a FG in OT and shoot themselves in the foot to beat them at home.

You needed Stephen Garcia to cough it up twice and Steve Spurrier to make a boneheaded coaching decision to beat South Carolina.

You needed some help from the officials with two calls that gave Auburn two TD's and took the wind out of Arkansas' sails two different times in the game; something that is very hard to overcome just once on the road, let a long twice.

Sorry, I just don't see Auburn as a legit top 5 team. If they had a better defense, then yes, I would. They are a very good team but they've slipped by a lot of teams this year, albeit good teams. I just feel like Auburn has played with fire all year long and sooner or later they're going to get burned. They may finish the season in the top 10 but I can't see them getting through the rest of the season without dropping a couple of games.
yes, i do. our defense isnt great, but they do good enough of a job to where our offense can out score them.

people will hold the Arkansas game against us all year, but Arkansas has NFL ready players on their squad, so i wasnt suprised by the amount of yards given up. Greg Childs, Jarius Wright and Joe Adams are all future NFL receivers (and so is DJ Williams the TE) and the anouncer (dont remember who) even said that they were the best group of receivers in the country. Tyler Wilson and Ryan Mallet are soon to be NFL QBs imo too. Wilson just needs a little more time to develope.

and honestly, i think they're right up their with OKLA, TCU, BSU, and Oregon. the only differnece is that we started out in the 20s, while the others were started out in the top 10 from the get-go.

and no one said that every game was going to be a blowout. Bama won some REALLY close games last year, they also got lucky last year, and they had calls go their way too last year. with that being said, every good team finds themselves in close game. only the championship contending teams find a way to win and that's what Auburn has done.

Last edited by 1~Gibson~1 : 10-17-2010 at 03:49 PM.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #22
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
yes, i do. our defense isnt great, but they do good enough of a job to where our offense can out score them.

people will hold the Arkansas game against us all year, but Arkansas has NFL ready players on their squad, so i wasnt suprised by the amount of yards given up. Greg Childs, Jarius Wright and Joe Adams are all future NFL receivers (and so is DJ Williams the TE) and the anouncer (dont remember who) even said that they were the best group of receivers in the country. Tyler Wilson and Ryan Mallet are soon to be NFL QBs imo too. Wilson just needs a little more time to develope.

and honestly, i think they're right up their with OKLA, TCU, BSU, and Oregon. the only differnece is that we started out in the 20s, while the others were started out in the top 10 from the get-go.

and no one said that every game was going to be a blowout. Bama won some REALLY close games last year, they also got lucky last year, and they had calls go their way too last year. with that being said, every good team finds themselves in close game. only the championship contending teams find a way to win and that's what Auburn has done.

I'm not saying they aren't a good team, I just don't think they are a legitimate championship caliber/top 5 team. Their defense wasn't just bad against Arkansas, it hasn't been that good all year long.

And yes, every championship caliber team is going to catch some breaks and win some close/lucky games, but Auburn has more or less had that happen in every game they've played against a legitimate team. IMO, a legit top 5/championship caliber team should ate least win convincingly against 2 or 3 of the legit teams they play.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #23
kentatm
NBA Legend

NCAA still hoping at worst 4 teams go unbeaten so they can pair TCU and Boise up again.

TCU and Boise as the only unbeaten teams is a nightmare scenario for them.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #24
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
NCAA still hoping at worst 4 teams go unbeaten so they can pair TCU and Boise up again.

TCU and Boise as the only unbeaten teams is a nightmare scenario for them.

Good point kentatm. I wonder what they'll do if that happens? And it's a likely scenario. Even tho I love my Ducks, we almost always lose a game we shouldnt. And I don't see LSU, OU & Auburn finishing unbeaten.

Do they just say "screw it"? I doubt it. I bet it'd be Alabama vs another 1-loss team over those two unbeatens.

Maybe this season will help push the playoff system for NCAA football.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #25
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

OREGON is no. 1 in both Coaches & AP Polls:

Oregon
Boise
OU
TCU
Auburn

are the top 5 in both polls. BCS standings released later tonight.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #26
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

Maybe this season will help push the playoff system for NCAA football.

Thats I all want.

The bowl system is archaic and has run its course. They need a playoff like EVERY OTHER level of football.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #27
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Thats I all want.

The bowl system is archaic and has run its course. They need a playoff like EVERY OTHER level of football.

Agreed. They should still keep all the polls and BCS and what not. But have the top 8 (or 6) teams fight it out for a true nat'l championship
Old 10-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #28
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

I'm just disappointed that Alabama and Ohio St lost in consecutive weeks. Most than likely we're gonna have a very underwhelming championship game.

Oregon/Boise
Boise/TCU
Boise/Anybody

The idea that weak ass Boise having a legit shot at going to the nat'l title game by beating on bunch of tomato cans is gonna irk a lot of people involved in CF. But as I said before, where you're placed at the start of the season carries a lot of weight as the season progresses. Don't be surprised if more programs begin to take easier non-conference schedules down the road. Why not?
Old 10-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #29
KG215

I missed the very beginning and only caught part of 21-25 before they switched to 16-20, but here's what's been revealed so far.

21-25
21. South Carolina

23. Arkansas

16-20
16. Nebraska
17. Florida State
18. Arizona
19. Texas
20. West Virginia

11-15
11. Missouri
12. Stanford
13. Wisconsin
14. Oklahoma St.
15. Iowa

1-10
1. Oklahoma
2. Oregon
3. Boise State
4. Auburn
5. TCU
6. LSU
7. Michigan State
8. Alabama
9. Utah
10. Ohio State

Last edited by KG215 : 10-17-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #30
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Forget EVERYTHING I said. LOL

Oklahoma is #1 in the BCS Whoa

For Ohio St. to drop so far that leads me to believe that they weren't rated that high to begin with.

Judging by the way they're ranking teams, it looks like Boise is stuck between a rock and a hard spot. If the teams ahead of them keep winning (Oregon, Okla) they're out and if the teams behind them keep winning (TCU, Auburn, LSU) they'll get leap frogged.

I wonder what the percentage points are and how wide are the margins.

Last edited by Tarik One : 10-17-2010 at 09:38 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: