Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #106
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official BCS Standings thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Just about every team has a standout flaw of some sort, including the teams listed in your top 5. Auburn got the nod because of the fact that they've beaten some top teams along the way. The BCS doesn't recognize how one dimensional or multi dimensional teams are.

I agree. That's why I said I didn't think there is one or two great teams like in a normal season, but there are 8-10 really good teams. Auburn is in that group, I'm just not sold on them as one of the 5 best teams in the nation. Now, if they beat Alabama their last game of the year, I'll shut-up and say they are very deserving of playing in the national championship game.

The Iron Bowl, this year, is going to be the real SEC Championship game.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #107
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

1 Auburn .9371
2 Oregon .9069
3 Boise State .8846
4 TCU .8833
5 Michigan State .8387
6 Missouri .8006
7 Alabama .7100
8 Utah .7049

Looks like Boise St. is gonna get jumped by TCU and Mich St. if they keep winning, especially TCU since they play another top ten BCS team (Utah).

It's gonna be a complete mess at the end of the season.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #108
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
1 Auburn .9371
2 Oregon .9069
3 Boise State .8846
4 TCU .8833
5 Michigan State .8387
6 Missouri .8006
7 Alabama .7100
8 Utah .7049

Looks like Boise St. is gonna get jumped by TCU and Mich St. if they keep winning, especially TCU since they play another top ten BCS team (Utah).

It's gonna be a complete mess at the end of the season.

it always is...

remember the OU>TT>UT>OU>TT>UT year?

that was a mess...

I hope everyone gets one loss except for Boise...I would love to see how the BCS handles that situation...lol
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #109
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Now, if they beat Alabama their last game of the year, I'll shut-up and say they are very deserving of playing in the national championship game.

Alabama is gonna be pumped for this game and they're gonna beat Auburn too. The question is how much will they reward a one-loss Alabama team if they sweep Auburn and the SEC title game? Will they place them ahead of Mich St, TCU and Boise St if they all finish undefeated (Assuming Missouri loses down the stretch)?
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:02 AM   #110
KenneBell
What set you claim?

KenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation hereKenneBell has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Alabama is gonna be pumped for this game and they're gonna beat Auburn too.

Like Auburn won't be pumped to come into Bryant-Denny. It's not like they haven't won there before.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: