Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #16
BallinUSA
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BallinUSA has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Getting to the next level

Enroll in college and walk on. Get a reputation around campus from pickup games and the coaching staff will here about it. If you aren't good enough to do that then you wouldn't make the team anyway.

The Jump Manual
http://tinyurl.com/JumpManworks
BallinUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #17
Svendiggity
Great young streetballer

Svendiggity has not been impressing people

I never played High School or AAU ball. I play pick-up games at the rec center at a branch of Miami Oxford, and have been asked by the players on the team to try-out. Most of the team is pretty awful, but if a player is really good the coach will try to get a scout to come to a game. The coach at the branch school I go to is Melvin Levitt. He was a great college player for the Cincinnati Bearcats. He's already trying to get scouts to come to the. I can't make the practices so I didn't try-out. My point is; their are ways to get noticed. The odds of making it right onto a D1 school are slim, though. Try this route. Almost all big schools have smaller branches. It will benefit you more because you'll actually get playing time. Plus it's cheaper. Miami Oxford tuition is triple that of the Hamilton campus I go to.
Svendiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #18
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svendiggity
I never played High School or AAU ball. I play pick-up games at the rec center at a branch of Miami Oxford, and have been asked by the players on the team to try-out. Most of the team is pretty awful, but if a player is really good the coach will try to get a scout to come to a game. The coach at the branch school I go to is Melvin Levitt. He was a great college player for the Cincinnati Bearcats. He's already trying to get scouts to come to the. I can't make the practices so I didn't try-out. My point is; their are ways to get noticed. The odds of making it right onto a D1 school are slim, though. Try this route. Almost all big schools have smaller branches. It will benefit you more because you'll actually get playing time. Plus it's cheaper. Miami Oxford tuition is triple that of the Hamilton campus I go to.

Yeah I'm going to play HS and AAU ball but since my area's weak for recruiting I'll look to walk on to a team. Right now I'm looking at D3 schools but I'm not completely decided yet, all I'm doing right now is taking it one step at a time and focusing on the upcoming HS season.

Maybe if I can do well enough on the team I can put together a nice highlight mix and contact some D2 schools, but D3 is still my goal right now.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: