Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #16
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: All Basketball "Confidence" "In Game" problems solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by 623baller
looking to score every time is correct

trying to score every time is incorrect

being a scoring threat opens up things for you and your teammates

there's a fine line between putting up shots every time versus putting up good shots every time
I'm going to go ahead and quote this one more time for emphasis. I'm currently working through this with my 9th grade brother. He's a real solid player, but over the course of the game there will still be many instances where he'll touch the ball with clearly no interest in scoring. He'll essentially set himself up as a middleman. Defenses pick up on this and it will actually hamper a teams' chance of scoring once they realize there's only four guys on the floor capable of scoring each time down the court.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 10-15-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #17
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I'm going to go ahead and quote this one more time for emphasis. I'm currently working through this with my 9th grade brother. He's a real solid player, but over the course of the game there will still be many instances where he'll touch the ball with clearly no interest in scoring. He'll essentially set himself up as a middleman. Defenses pick up on this and it will actually hamper a teams' chance of scoring once they realize there's only four guys on the floor capable of scoring each time down the court.

Same for me. Usually when I get the ball, I don't see any openings so I just swing it to the next player. Then my defender sags off me and I never get the ball back, so I'll have to change this.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

Dang, same thing is happening to me too. I dribble down court looking for someone to get open. I then look at them and they're just like staring at me back looking clueless lol. Then the other team starts trying to steal the ball from me, and then I beat the double team and I'm almost in the process of passing to a cutter when I see the whole team still staring at me and I yell "OH CMON". I just end up passing to a guy who's on the 3 point line(this is just a ingame situation I encountered a lot).
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #19
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflay
Dang, same thing is happening to me too. I dribble down court looking for someone to get open. I then look at them and they're just like staring at me back looking clueless lol. Then the other team starts trying to steal the ball from me, and then I beat the double team and I'm almost in the process of passing to a cutter when I see the whole team still staring at me and I yell "OH CMON". I just end up passing to a guy who's on the 3 point line(this is just a ingame situation I encountered a lot).

in that situation, most of the times i go to the basket .. next time they will be ready for the ball, really.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:09 AM   #20
623baller
dedicate

623baller has an OK reputation so far

i run into the "everyone just stands around without getting open or cutting" scenario a lot too

what i do is i'll hustle on defense to either get a steal or rebound then fast break to get easy lay ups for either myself or my teammate. even if it's a made basket, i'll push the ball and try to beat the defense before they set up

if your team is struggling on half court offense then try to get into the transition game

if it comes down to just playing half court, you'll need the skills to take over.
read the floor then you'll know whether you need to shoot or drive. call for a pick to get your teammates involved.
623baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:02 AM   #21
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.

if you dont believe you can do it you will never will be able to.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:14 PM   #22
jerzymade
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jerzymade has an OK reputation so far

as a pg being i have to be agressive because it opens up the floor and makes the game easier for my teammates. Look at rondo he isnt a consitent shooter but attacks the defense and force the defender to guard him and then he is able to dish it off. I agree being agressive is important thats why i don't shoot too many jumpshots becuz it's not really being agressive i only take jumpers when either the help comes or i have alot of space.
jerzymade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #23
magnax1
Green Union's Grant

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There are always lots of people looking to score, it's almost always better for the team to do other stuff. You should be able to score, but take it as it comes to you, there are usually lots of opportunities without forcing it. At least that's how I've always looked at it.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: