Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #46
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ravens at Patriots

It's simple: I value touchdowns, and Moss will get you touchdowns. That he was extremely valuable to the offense should be obvious. The only guy that would have been harder to replace is Brady. In fact, Moss won't be replaced at all. The offense is just reverting to pre-Moss form. That's not a truly bad offense but with the defense having deteriorated from what it was in the SB days the Pats aren't good enough to have a meaningful playoff run and may not make it there at all.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #47
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
no he did a great job. he should've been tackled on a lot of his carries way before the yardage he got, including a cut that was amazing where almost any other rb would've been tackled in the backfield.

meh i don't get why you're so disappointed. especially since i think it was you that was so down on your defense prior to the game, and a lot of people were picking the Ravens to win it.
1: I'm not down on Woodhead and said nothing bad about him so
i don't know what that's about.

2: The defense just isn't good enough. That was the best game Flacco has had all season, and B-More's second-highest point total. Overall the d is 25th in points and 30th in yards. The record is still good because the offense was first in points. But I don't see that offensive ranking staying there too long without Moss.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #48
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Sorry, but I'm not going to ignore the fact that the offense set records with Brady, Moss and Welker, the fact that this season Moss is still the Pat's TD leader by a wide margin, or the fact that without Moss Brady just threw 44 times with one TD to show for it. You see, ignoring reality just doesn't make sense for me.

There, I fixed it for you.....
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #49
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
Anyone else think the Pats gave Woodhead way too many carries that game?

Woodhead should be the starting RB in New England....assuming the Patriots want to win.
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:18 AM   #50
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
There, I fixed it for you.....
You could list the whole team if you wanted to. But as good as he is, Welker isn't on par with Moss. That TD record isn't something a receiver like Welker could ever break, come close to breaking, or even bother contemplating seriously.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #51
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Bring-Your-Js has decent reputation

Actually, Moss has 15 go-ahead TDs since 2007, which is 2nd only to Greg Jennings' 16 over the same span. Before you make any assumptions, nine of them have actually been since 2008, excluding Moss' 2007 season entirely.

On an all-time scale, Moss has 52 go-ahead Rec TDs and 13 game-tying Rec TDs, Easily 2nd all-time in both categories.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #52
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Didn't know that, just knew he got a lot of TDs. Not surprising at all of course.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #53
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Bring-Your-Js has decent reputation

Nothing is to me with Moss anymore. I've never seen somebody so great take so much shit out of a critics' corner. What don't people comprehend about 50 TDs in 51 games with a team? This is normal? Even again, if you exclude 2007 he's at the top of the list. With a first-year starter, he still put together a 1000+ yard, 11 TD season in 2008. Last year he compiled as many Yards as Reggie Wayne and led the NFL in Rec TDs again. It look Larry Fitzgerald playing Deep into the fourth quarter of a 31-0 game in Week 17 to tie for that.

The only reason to me for his slow start this year was the Patriots insistence on using him solely in decoy mode, running more and more 2TE sets. And yet, he's still got 4 TD's in 5 games. Watch him go for two or three scores on Sunday Night if Favre's getting even half decent protection.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: