Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM   #1
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,063
MavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation here
Default Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain to me why brown's blood was on wilson, and on the interior of the car door panel?

How in anyway does Dorian Johnson's account of Wilson, while seated in the car choking and pulling brown into his police car make sense?

If wilson was going to shoot brown for no reason then why pull brown in at all? Guns are ranged weapons, ideally wilson would want distance between him and brown. Pulling the 6'4 almost 300 pound brown into the car to shoot makes no sense.

Isnt it much more reasonable that brown (proven by the strong arm robbery video of being aggressive and willing to use violence) tried to prevent wilson for exiting the police car and reaching into the car to attack wilson? (the blood on the interior of the car door and the blood on wilson)

Also if wilson is this much of a psychopath then how did dorian johnson survive?
MavsSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM   #2
HomieWeMajor
Decent college freshman
 
HomieWeMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Emerald City
Posts: 2,794
HomieWeMajor has an incredible reputation hereHomieWeMajor has an incredible reputation hereHomieWeMajor has an incredible reputation hereHomieWeMajor has an incredible reputation hereHomieWeMajor has an incredible reputation hereHomieWeMajor has an incredible reputation hereHomieWeMajor has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Why do we need another thread on this ?
Mods do your bloodclart jobs.
HomieWeMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #3
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 30,382
The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

It wasn't for no reason

But if you as a cop can't subdue an unarmed man without killing him you're probably a pretty outrageously shitty cop, especially a wounded unarmed man
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #4
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,514
Godzuki has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
It wasn't for no reason

But if you as a cop can't subdue an unarmed man without killing him you're probably a pretty outrageously shitty cop, especially a wounded unarmed man

go subdue a bear. hopefully u never make it back to ISH
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #5
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 23,206
NumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this board
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
It wasn't for no reason

But if you as a cop can't subdue an unarmed man without killing him you're probably a pretty outrageously shitty cop, especially a wounded unarmed man
When exactly is it ok for a cop to shoot a person? Does the person have to actually kill a cop before another cop can shoot? Oh no, then someone will probably argue that the first cop is already dead and the person who just killed him isn't directly posing a threat to the cop that is alive. As long as he turns around and runs, he's now in the magic phase where you have to just let him go. I guess someone has to be actually killing someone, but the person being killed has to be still somewhat alive. Then and only then, you can shoot.

NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM   #6
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 30,382
The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
When exactly is it ok for a cop to shoot a person? Does the person have to actually kill a cop before another cop can shoot? Oh no, then someone will probably argue that the first cop is already dead and the person who just killed him isn't directly posing a threat to the cop that is alive. As long as he turns around and runs, he's now in the magic phase where you have to just let him go. I guess someone has to be actually killing someone, but the person being killed has to be still somewhat alive. Then and only then, you can shoot.


Dum yr dum
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #7
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 23,206
NumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this board
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Dum yr dum
Ok, lemme ask this in a less hyperbolic way....

Assuming it's true that Mike Brown did try to take the officer's gun. If he did in fact start coming towards the officer, what is the officer supposed to do? I honestly don't know what option people are arguing for. Besides shooting, what is it that you think he was supposed to do?
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #8
9erempiree
Banned
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 14,379
9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Ok, lemme ask this in a less hyperbolic way....

Assuming it's true that Mike Brown did try to take the officer's gun. If he did in fact start coming towards the officer, what is the officer supposed to do? I honestly don't know what option people are arguing for. Besides shooting, what is it that you think he was supposed to do?

Knowing the Brown supporters here, they are going to say Wilson should have gave him a ride to the store.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #9
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 30,382
The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Ok, lemme ask this in a less hyperbolic way....

Assuming it's true that Mike Brown did try to take the officer's gun. If he did in fact start coming towards the officer, what is the officer supposed to do? I honestly don't know what option people are arguing for. Besides shooting, what is it that you think he was supposed to do?

Shot him when reaching for his gun. Acceptable

shooting an unarmed man with gunshot wounds. You're a shit cop/person
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #10
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 23,206
NumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this board
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Shot him when reaching for his gun. Acceptable

shooting an unarmed man with gunshot wounds. You're a shit cop/person
Ok, but you were specifically saying "subdue him without killing him". If Mike Brown was coming towards him, what was the correct way of subduing him without shooting?
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM   #11
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 30,382
The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Ok, but you were specifically saying "subdue him without killing him". If Mike Brown was coming towards him, what was the correct way of subduing him without shooting?

Anything besides killing him. Christ

Unarmed wounded man approaching me...what can I possibly do besides shoot him
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM   #12
The Macho Man
Randy Savage
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Head Game Al Snow
Posts: 30,382
The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Unless you're a shit person who feels no remorse for killing
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #13
CNNonceAgain
Booking Comitee
 
CNNonceAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The streets
Posts: 1,129
CNNonceAgain is popular on this boardCNNonceAgain is popular on this boardCNNonceAgain is popular on this boardCNNonceAgain is popular on this boardCNNonceAgain is popular on this board
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Shoot him in the knee or something.
CNNonceAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM   #14
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,203
Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Shot him when reaching for his gun. Acceptable

shooting an unarmed man with gunshot wounds. You're a shit cop/person


I like how you casually left the part out where the kid was charging at the cop.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #15
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,998
KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can someone who is convinced Wilson murdered brown for no reason explain the blood

Again, this is why the case should have gone to trial. Grand juries are not intended to litigate issues like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
explain to me why brown's blood was on wilson, and on the interior of the car door panel?
We know that Brown was shot by the car.
We know that Brown's blood got on Wilson's hands because Wilson said that he washed Brown's blood off his hands later that night.
It seems to me that he could have transferred the blood from his hands to the door as he got out of the car.

Is there any specific evidence that contradicts that scenario? Basing my answer on nothing more than the scenario you laid out, as I haven't read the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
How in anyway does Dorian Johnson's account of Wilson, while seated in the car choking and pulling brown into his police car make sense?
How does Wilson's account that Brown "ducked" his head into his car window before he started punching make any sense? Think about that. You want to punch someone sitting in Chevy Tahoe, would you first try to get your head through the window? Stand up and try it. It seems to me you wouldn't lean down and forward into a window like that if you were about to punch someone. Lead with your face seems like a bad move to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
If wilson was going to shoot brown for no reason
Is anyone actually saying this? I think most folks are in agreement that the situation escalated. I think folks who think Wilson was in the wrong would say it was a case of excessive use of force. I think you framed that as a strawman argument. I don't think this was cold blooded murder. I think this was a hotblooded incident with Wilson either reacting from anger or panic.
Quote:
Also if wilson is this much of a psychopath then how did dorian johnson survive?
Again, this psychopath bit is a strawman. He just empited his gun and shot someone in the head with blood and gore everywhere. Are you saying he should have reloaded his gun and turned it on Johnson? In Broad daylight with witnesses? Should he have just kept shooting until another cop took him down? Even a sociopath can understand if they ****ed up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
If wilson was going to shoot brown for no reason then why pull brown in at all? Guns are ranged weapons, ideally wilson would want distance between him and brown. Pulling the 6'4 almost 300 pound brown into the car to shoot makes no sense.

Isnt it much more reasonable that brown (proven by the strong arm robbery video of being aggressive and willing to use violence) tried to prevent wilson for exiting the police car and reaching into the car to attack wilson? (the blood on the interior of the car door and the blood on wilson)

I don't think Wilson intended to shoot Brown at first. I think it escalated.
I don't think your example he shoved a store clerk, so he must have attacked the cop is reasonable either. Don't you act differently around cops than you do civilians? Even if didn't do anything wrong? When you're driving on the highway and you see a cop car, do you check your speedometer immediately? So how someone acts towards a store clerk while stealing and how one acts towards a police officer who you know has a gun and training and can call for backup are not automatically the say. Could it have happened just like Wilson said? I think it's unlikely, could it have happened pretty much like Wilson said except he was much politer in version and made Brown much more belligerent and threatening because he was hoping to avoid a manslaughter charge? I think that's pretty reasonable.
Could both Wilson and Johnson be shading their stories?

Do you know that when Wilson was interviewed at the scene he said he fired one shot in the car and then when he testified he said he fired two? The problem was that the prosecutors acted like Wilson's defense lawyers. The gave hard cross examinations to every witness that disagreed with Wilson, but they never pressed Wilson on his contradictions. He claimed that he feared for his life after Brown punched him twice with his right hand taking a full swing, but he had no injuries on the left side of his face. He also claimed that Brown was holding the cigarillos in that hand while punching him. Did they find any tobacco in the car?


The medical report said he had a mild bruise on his left cheek and a faint superficial abrasion on the back of his neck.

The prosecution had many, many opportunities to undermine Wilson's testimony in the same way they did to other witness and they didn't take them. Case should have gone to trial.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy