Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM   #1
NBAplayoffs2001
Floyd Mayweather who?

NBAplayoffs2001 has decent reputationNBAplayoffs2001 has decent reputation
Default For those who lived in Texas, is high school football really that crazy there?

I've heard to an extent that Southern California also has massive football powerhouses.

I went to a high school where we used to be like 1-7 or 0-8 each year. It was a walk on team
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #2
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: For those who lived in Texas, is high school football really that crazy there?

Yes it's really that crazy. Grown ass men and women living vicariously through 15-18 year old males.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: For those who lived in Texas, is high school football really that crazy there?

Socal does have some very impressive highschool programs but I don't think it's as worshipped here as it is in parts of Texas...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #4
32jazz
Local High School Star

32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
I've heard to an extent that Southern California also has massive football powerhouses.

I went to a high school where we used to be like 1-7 or 0-8 each year. It was a walk on team

A town called Allen, Texas(google) recently built an 18,000 seat High School stadium with a 40 foot scoreboard for $60 million dollars.

Other towns have spent on multi million dollar stadiums as well.

Insane.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #5
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Everything's bigger in Texas
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #6
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jazz
A town called Allen, Texas(google) recently built an 18,000 seat High School stadium with a 40 foot scoreboard for $60 million dollars.

Other towns have spent on multi million dollar stadiums as well.

Insane.

to be fair, that football stadium has a ton of other stuff attached to it. There is an area for the wrestling team, a golf simulator for their golf team, and weight rooms all under it. Also, part of the bond that funded the stadium was for their kick ass performing arts center.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #7
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's only like that in rural areas... I'm am a football fanatic, I follow the Cowboys/NFL religiously, and I can not name a single High School football player in this state.

I can't tell you what teams are good either... Have no idea
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #8
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrynathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrynathanjizzle posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

yeah they are stupid neanderthals. the only reason why texas has great cities is because of the oil they produce.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:12 AM   #9
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I played pee wee football in rural dallas, tx when I was 9. I had to be recruited onto the team, saw parents telling their kids to go out there and "beat the ****ing shit out of those kids." we even had a damn super bowl with a trophy presentation, and to it off we played Deion Sanders kid in the superbowl. yes football is that crazy in texas.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: