Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Trump talkin mad shit about Ron Paul

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...man/?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) – Donald Trump stoked an ongoing back-and-forth with Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul Monday, dismissing Paul's decision to skip a presidential forum he is set to moderate in December.

Trump said the choice by Texas Rep. Paul and rival candidate Jon Huntsman not to attend will result in a better event.

"I think most candidates are going to join, and I think these two candidates have zero chance of getting elected, so it makes no difference," Trump said Monday on NBC's "Today." "I think that they are joke candidates and they are doing very poorly."

"Frankly, it gives more air time to people that really have a chance at getting elected," Trump added.

The reality show star, who decided against his own presidential bid in May, is set to host a debate, with the conservative Newsmax magazine Dec. 27 in Iowa, the first-in-the-nation caucus state. Paul and Huntsman are the only candidates thus far to announce they will not attend. The other contenders have yet to formally declare their decisions.

Trump's comments comprise the latest jabs between him and Paul, which started during the Conservative Political Action Conference in February. During his speech Trump said Paul, who is making his third bid for the White House, had "no chance" of winning the GOP presidential nomination.

Paul rebutted the remarks at the time and after the debate announcement last week said the Republican Party could be hurt by allowing Trump to moderate the final debate before the Jan. 3 Iowa caucuses.

During an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday, the twelve-term congressman told CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley that he doesn't "understand the marching to his office."

"I don't know that he had the ability to lay on hands and anoint people," Paul said.

The comments come as former House Speaker Newt Gingrich becomes the fifth potential Republican nominee to visit Trump in New York.

Trump said Gingrich's recent rise in national and state-wide polls is due to his blunt and truthful rhetoric.

"I think one of the reasons he's surging, he's like a rocket ship because of the fact that he says it like it is," Trump said.

sup?
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Default Re: Trump talkin mad shit about Ron Paul

Quote:
Paul rebutted the remarks at the time and after the debate announcement last week said the Republican Party could be hurt by allowing Trump to moderate the final debate before the Jan. 3 Iowa caucuses.

Paul is right. Trump has no business moderating the debate.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Shocking that the two most reasonable GOP candidates turned down The Donald's "debate".

And I use the word 'reasonable' in the context of the GOP primary, of course.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
Shocking that the two most reasonable GOP candidates turned down The Donald's "debate".

And I use the word 'reasonable' in the context of the GOP primary, of course.
they are the only current repub candidates I would even consider voting for. Really like huntsman vs the field.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
JustinJDW

People got to remember that Trump isn't just a buiseness man, he's a "celebrity". It pays to keep his name in the news, no matter what. The guy doesn't mean half the over-exaggerated one-sided extreme statements that come out of his mouth.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
kentatm
NBA Legend

a self respecting candidate should skip a debate moderated by Trump.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

Trump is just butt hurt because Dr. Paul ripped him a new one.

Quote:
The selection of a reality television personality to host a presidential debate that voters nationwide will be watching is beneath the office of the Presidency and flies in the face of that office’s history and dignity. Mr. Trump’s participation as moderator will distract from questions and answers concerning important issues such as the national economy, crushing federal government debt, the role of the federal government, foreign policy, and the like. To be sure, Mr. Trump’s participation will contribute to an unwanted circus-like atmosphere.

This was from Paul's campaign. Nearly everything in that quote is true.

Trump has no real ammo on Dr.Paul besides lambasting him on his poll numbers. Yet, Dr. Paul is second in Iowa with 18%. far from his idiotic "no chance"
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Who thought it would be a good idea to let a reality TV star host a debate? If he drags the birther debate back into mainstream political discussion wasting everyone's time and destroying the Right's legitimacy the candidates will only have themselves to blame.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #9
bada bing
College star

if the republican party was smart or had any sense guys like Ron Paul and Huntsman would be leading the polls and would be at the top. Ron Paul may be a little too extreme with his libertarian views but in any other times Huntsman would definitely be a strong contender.

its sad that this republican party has turned into a joke with joke candidates and joke personalities being influential. These pathetic attention whores make George Bush look like a sensible moderate candidate.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #10
RoTM
Local High School Star

The real point is the manner which Trump has to attack Paul. He can't go after Paul's views, character, etc so he simply exposes his own motives for hosting the debate. Its about Trump and hes picking who can and can't win.
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Aw shit -- Romney just turned him down too:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...bYaO_blog.html

Good for him.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #12
Patrick Bateman
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoTM
The real point is the manner which Trump has to attack Paul. He can't go after Paul's views, character, etc so he simply exposes his own motives for hosting the debate. Its about Trump and hes picking who can and can't win.

Is that Ivana Trump over there? Jeez, Patrick, I mean Marcus, what are you thinking? Why would Ivana be on InsideHoops?
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
vinsane01
National High School Star

Quote:

Good for him.

lol i thought he flip flopped and already gave a response that he'll join the debate earlier. Yeah good for him.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #14
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:

Good for him.

Romney showing spine?

what, what, what?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Trump posts a pic yet Godzuki is still a little bitchmade puussy.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: