Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #211
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 5,974
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

I really enjoyed those last two episodes, I thought it was a pretty satisfying ending. The last episode kinda gave me Lain vibes.

In other news, 2011 continues to be awesome. Mirai Nikki anime confirmed for fall.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...irmed-for-fall
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #212
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 5,265
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
I really enjoyed those last two episodes, I thought it was a pretty satisfying ending. The last episode kinda gave me Lain vibes.

In other news, 2011 continues to be awesome. Mirai Nikki anime confirmed for fall.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...irmed-for-fall
I liked the last two eps too, but damnit, now
I'll have to watch lain,i keep putting it off
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #213
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,817
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
Really i might have to check that out, another Manga i read, Kekkaishi just ended and i wanted to pick up another one.


I watched the anime on Netflix first and it was okay but a lot of it turned me off too. I left with the impression of being sort of interested, then after reading a Naruto chapter i wanted to read something else so i checked out what happened after the anime i watched, and really got into it. Now i'm all up to date to the latest chapter of the manga. Personally for me its gotten a lot better later on since it levels out some and less tragedy where you at least get to stay with a main character, but some manga readers are really into good characters dying and it being real dark throuhout with tragedy, so they probably have opposite opinions of me with Claymore.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #214
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 5,974
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
I liked the last two eps too, but damnit, now
I'll have to watch lain,i keep putting it off

I downloaded the BD rips a few months ago with the intention of rewatching it and I still haven't done it yet either.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #215
ballup
13.37 PER
 
ballup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,192
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Watching the newly released HOTD ova to fulfill my zombie craving
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #216
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 5,974
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng

I love those rock paper/scissor/bits. Nichijou is probably my favorite show so far this season, makes me smile.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #217
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,579
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Hey kungfro, just chiming in to let you know I've already watched the first season of the melancholy of... and I liked it a lot. I'm downloading both the second season and the movie now.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #218
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 5,974
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Hey kungfro, just chiming in to let you know I've already watched the first season of the melancholy of... and I liked it a lot. I'm downloading both the second season and the movie now.

Good to hear. If you enjoyed the first season you'll definitely enjoy the movie.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #219
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick
 
ukplayer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,870
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

nothing to fap to in here?




where are the hot anime chicks and tentacle bondage, thats what manga is after all. disappointing......
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #220
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan
 
Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 8,164
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Been watching a ton of Kenichi the Mightest Deciple.

This is I think the funniest non-comedy/parody anime I've ever seen.

The action is also pretty good, but it does suffer from what I like to call Anti-Syndrome.

It gets preachy and there's that "I will never quit. I want to protect my friends. Blah blah blah." It gets annoying after a while.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #221
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,817
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Anybody have a good place to watch Fairy Tail stream? Preferably dubbed?

AnimeFreak is moving real slow right now.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #222
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 5,265
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Been watching a ton of Kenichi the Mightest Deciple.

This is I think the funniest non-comedy/parody anime I've ever seen.

The action is also pretty good, but it does suffer from what I like to call Anti-Syndrome.

It gets preachy and there's that "I will never quit. I want to protect my friends. Blah blah blah." It gets annoying after a while.
i like that one too, haven't seen the anime, but the manga is enjoyable
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #223
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 5,974
Default Re: official manga/anime thread



Quote:
A television ad announced that a new Lupin III television project has been green-lit to air this fall. The Mainichi Shimbun paper's Mantan Web site notes that it has been a year and a half since the last new Lupin III work.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-air-this-fall
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #224
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,817
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

i've started watching Fairy Tail the anime(not the manga) and i got to admit i like it but they go WAY overboard with the comedy/characature moments. Even during fighting they try to pull comedy stuff during it which is just really annoying. they don't need to ALWAYS do the zig zag lined facial expression stuff every 5 seconds :P

thats really the only thing killing it for me, just wish there were more seriousness or the fighting being more dark.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #225
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 5,265
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
I watched the anime on Netflix first and it was okay but a lot of it turned me off too. I left with the impression of being sort of interested, then after reading a Naruto chapter i wanted to read something else so i checked out what happened after the anime i watched, and really got into it. Now i'm all up to date to the latest chapter of the manga. Personally for me its gotten a lot better later on since it levels out some and less tragedy where you at least get to stay with a main character, but some manga readers are really into good characters dying and it being real dark throuhout with tragedy, so they probably have opposite opinions of me with Claymore.
just caught up to the lastest chapter of Claymore... and you're right, it does level out after a very hectic couple of middle arcs.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy