Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #31
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Serial Experiments Lain is awesome. In fact, it is so awesome that do this day I have refused to watch the final 2 episodes because I don't want to know how it ends. It's been ~9 years since I "watched" it.

Paranoia Agent is great, too. It's a shame Satsohi Kon passed away recently.

I don't think I could do that. Lain was a crazy anime, I had to know how it ended. Has one of my favorite OPs in an anime too.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #32
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Serial Experiments Lain is awesome. In fact, it is so awesome that do this day I have refused to watch the final 2 episodes because I don't want to know how it ends. It's been ~9 years since I "watched" it.

Paranoia Agent is great, too. It's a shame Satsohi Kon passed away recently.

Oh I didn't know that. May he rest in peace then.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #33
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Been watching a lot of FMA recently. And Darker Than Black since it's on the Netflix (fuckin $70 for the complete first season DVD set. )

Lookin to jump back into manga but I've got a whole bunch of comics to catch up. Might start flipping between the two...
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #34
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How is darker than black? I saw it was on Netflix but haven't checked it out.
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #35
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
I don't think I could do that. Lain was a crazy anime, I had to know how it ended. Has one of my favorite OPs in an anime too.

I just figured there was no way it could live up to my expectations. Or, I just didn't want the mystery to be revealed.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #36
zabuza666
Local High School Star

zabuza666 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Hat
If this place has a comic book thread, why can't it have a manga one!

only posts shogun manga.

confirmed for newfag
zabuza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:30 AM   #37
Straw Hat
I airball my layups

Straw Hat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabuza666
only posts shogun manga.

confirmed for newfag
don't you mean shōnen

what got your panties in a bunch? i simply posted some pictures of some of the most popular animes, they happen to be shonen. Would it have been better to post some seinen pictures like Darker than Black, Needless, XxxHolic, or some shojo like Fruit Baskets, Host Club or Maid-Sama.

unnecessary hate in this thread
Straw Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:09 AM   #38
Megawill
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Megawill has an OK reputation so far

good move on making this thread. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was such a great anime. my favorites are Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, TTGL,Naruto Shippuuden, Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, Death Note, Code Geass, G Gundam, Zoids Chaotic Century and Zoids New Century Zero, Dragonball Z and thats all i can remember right now.
Megawill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #39
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcjt
How is darker than black? I saw it was on Netflix but haven't checked it out.

It's my favorite newer anime. It's a slow burn type show with a lot of good stuff in it. Good action (never really overstated. Not like DBZ fights but a little more down to Earth), good political stuff. It's hard to follow until the end though but... it all works out in the end. The main character is interesting because his motives always seem in question. It's tough to explain you'd have to see it.

The only issue is that the second season actually poses more questions than are answered and now it looks like they won't pick it up again. So now there's a lot of questions. Actually stand alone the first season resolves more... You prob have the first 5 ep on there and they start kinda slow but I def recommend it.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #40
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool

Detective Conan is pretty good.
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #41
VishaltotheG
Good college starter

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

I recommend Death Note, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, and Elfen Lied.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #42
Straw Hat
I airball my layups

Straw Hat has an OK reputation so far

I liked the rebuild of Eva:
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

can't wait for the next two
Straw Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #43
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
I recommend Death Note, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, and Elfen Lied.

Elfen lied is kinda good at the beginning but it becomes incredibly corny.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #44
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw Hat
I liked the rebuild of Eva:
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

can't wait for the next two

There was a great Evangelion thread on 4chan last night.
http://green-oval.net/cgi-board.pl/a/thread/41403642
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #45
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so what i'm hearing is, i should check out SE Lain?
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: