Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #451
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHammer
Somewhat related.

Ace Attorney live action movie trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umyms8JVYWg

Damn with all those anime hair

God damn, that looked like it takes itself pretty seriously. I kinda want to watch it.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #452
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kyoani finally announced their next project.

Quote:
The studio Kyoto Animation opened a website for its Hyoka television anime series and revealed the anime's main staff and a piece of key visual art. The studio is adapting Honobu Yonezawa's adolescent mystery novel of the same name.

Shoji Gatoh, the author best known for the Full Metal Panic! light novel series, is in charge of the series scripts. Gatoh was also in charge of the scripts for the various Full Metal Panic! anime, as well as for The Tower of Druaga: the Aegis of Uruk and The Tower of Druaga: the Sword of Uruk sequel. He wrote scripts for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star.

Yasuhiro Takemoto is directing the series after having done the same for The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and several Full Metal Panic! projects. Kouhei Tanaka (Gate Keepers, Gunbuster, Sakura Wars) is composing the music. Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Shōnen Ace magazine already revealed that Futoshi Nishiya (Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya, My Ordinary Life/Nichijō) is designing the characters in Hyoka.

The story of Hyoka follows a boy named Hōtarō who is not assertive about getting involved, but was ordered by his older sister to join the classic literature club. In the club, he gets close to the truth about an incident, involving a female member's uncle, which happened 33 years ago. The "energy-saving" boy is joined by an inquisitive girl in this adolescent mystery.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nimation-hyoka
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kotenbu/
Old 12-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #453
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Yet more Madoka news, a website for a "secret project" has opened.

http://mm.my-gg.com/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ect-site-opens

Project ended up being some kind of online browser game.

Quote:
The online game company Strategy & Partners announced on Wednesday that it agreed with Aniplex to develop and run a Puella Magi Madoka Magica Online browser game for personal computers. It aims to begin service on the game next spring.

While the game will be free to play, items will cost money. The player can make friends with magical girls and form a party of six, including the player's own character. As an online title, the game also supports cooperative play between multiple players as they take on Walpurgis Night.

A website had opened last month for what was then a "secret project" connected to the Madoka Magica television anime series. A three-part film project was announced last month.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...or-next-spring

Not exactly what I was expecting, but whatever.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #454
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Liar Game.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #455
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Some Evangelion news.

Quote:
The official Evangelion website http://www.evangelion.co.jp/ was updated for New Years with new information: The International title for Evangelion Q (to be released in Fall 2012) is You Can (Not) Redo. Evangelion ? was also revealed to be released in 2013.
http://www.evageeks.org/2011/12/evan...date-revealed/
Old 12-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #456
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just watched my first anime movie, Speed Racer(1967), since Princess Mononoke(I saw in like 1999 or 2000). Pretty cool movie.

I guess I don't mind anime movies, but series and shows? Meh, don't really have time for those.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #457
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #458
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Holy shit, Katawa Shoujo finally getting a release date.

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/201...leased-on.html

5 years after the sticky on /a/ that spawned the project, it's finally getting released.

Well today's the day, gonna check this out later.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #459
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHammer
Doraemon has sure been dumbed down and sold out hard.

BTW, after I see the original 2005 version of Doraemon, I now prefer this, with English subs if available, than my native version where it is censored heavily and refuses to use new theme songs like it is a soup drama.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #460
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

saw evangelion 2.2 dub first time a few days ago. Holy shit.

End of Evangelion the Asuka fight where she gets her guts ripped out by those vulture evas traumatized me as a kid, this version is even 10 times as f*cked up and disturbing. So so sick

Only question why does Kawaru keep showing up and doing nothing and why the phuck is Mari there, and i don't like how Asuka is so nice and tolerable in this version, but I like how Shinji isn't a giant bitch and shows some steely Kamina-esque resolve at the end.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #461
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

Seriously, Powerpuff Girls x Vocaloid! It is official!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #462
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

Just started watching FMA: Brotherhood. So far, it's so much cooler than the original FMA (Which I loved too).

My other favorite anime series to date are:

Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)
Gundam Wing
G Gundam [This is purely for nostalgia]
Cell games DBZ [I liked most of it, but going back, I can understand most of my love is based on nostalgia as well]
And the little bit of Death Note I've seen.

There's probably a few more I'm forgetting about.
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #463
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

An interesting article from io9:

http://io9.com/5874951/why-manga-pub...uld-get-better
Old 02-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #464
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone watch episodes 248-249 of naruto shippuden where Minato seals 9-tailed fox into Naruto and Naruto's mom speaks with Naruto?? Wow.. those 2 episodes are sad as hell. brought me to tears, crazy.. Very VERY rarely do movies/shows/etc bring me to tears, but that was unbelievable..

Love this show so much. It is just awesome
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #465
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Anyone watch episodes 248-249 of naruto shippuden where Minato seals 9-tailed fox into Naruto and Naruto's mom speaks with Naruto?? Wow.. those 2 episodes are sad as hell. brought me to tears, crazy.. Very VERY rarely do movies/shows/etc bring me to tears, but that was unbelievable..

Love this show so much. It is just awesome

Best episode ever. Minato = Son Goku from DBZ. He should have been the main character. It sucks that Naruto's parents died. It's nice to see the Dead Demon Consuming Seal again. It's still the best jutsu in Naruto.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: