Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #511
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Read around 70 chapters the whole weekend to catch up to One Piece. Didn't really enjoy the Fishman island series. Gets better though when they get above the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Naruto is the best Manga right now. The characters keeps getting stronger.

Uh, that's what most action packed manga have. Just about every character gets stronger as time progresses. If the characters get weaker, I doubt the manga would be as popular, unless the characters find interesting ways to adapt to their misfortunes.

Last edited by Killbot : 06-04-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #512
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation

Quote:

Naruto hasn't been good since jiraiya died.
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #513
hovermaster
I airball my layups

hovermaster has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
you my friend are wrong, characters increasing in strength does not decide whether a manga is good or bad, things like good plot,interesting fight scenes, no ass-pulls, and lack of plot holes make a manga good and naruto is full of plot holes and a shit ton of asspulls especially with the sharingan b.s.
hovermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #514
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaku
Last month, goo Research polled 1,939 Japanese people from ages 15 to 44 about their manga reading habits. Questions ranged from which manga they read to who their favorite character is—they even asked about favorite one-liners. So if manga is your drug of choice, read on to see which are the most popular in Japan right now.

All 1,939 people polled were asked to indicate whether they even like manga or not. Three-fourths of the respondents like or love it; only 6.4% actively dislike it (with the remaining 19.1% being indifferent toward manga). Even then, only 21.8% of those polled claim to never read manga at all.

When it comes to reading location, a majority of both men and women read at home, with home being the most common place women read manga. Men, on the other hand, often also read while commuting, during work breaks, or any other time they have free time outside of the house. (Note: only people who read weekly manga anthologies were asked the preceding question.)

As to what kind of manga the Japanese people polled typically read, the most popular genres for men are sports, comedy, fantasy, and sci-fi. Women also enjoy comedy and fantasy, but enjoy love story and shojou manga even more.

By far the favorite manga among the men and women polled is One Piece—followed by Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk, and Naruto for men and Slam Dunk, Kimi ni Todoke, and NANA, for women. Unsurprisingly then, the most popular character for both genders is Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece). In fact, of the top five characters, three are from One Piece (though which three vary between men and women). The most popular non-One Piece character is Goku (Dragon Ball) for men and Sakuragi Hanamichi (Slam Dunk) for women.

Lastly, as for the most popular one-liner, it isn't Luffy's "I'll be king of the pirates" or Detective Conan's "One Truth Prevails!" Even my favorite "You are already dead" from Fist of the North Star comes in second. No, the most popular single line comes from Slam Dunk: "If you give up, the game is already over."

So there you have it. Now you know what manga are big in Japan, which genres are popular, and who the most popular characters are. And what should we take away from all this information? I'm going with: Japanese people love One Piece.

Part 1/Part 2
  • One Piece = Dragonball Z with better marketing research
  • That plagiarizing piece of shit Slam Dunk is really that popular.
  • Oh wait! Slam Dunk is the most popular among Japanese woman!?

Last edited by kaiteng : 06-15-2012 at 02:35 PM.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #515
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
  • One Piece = Dragonball Z with better marketing research
  • That plagiarizing piece of shit Slam Dunk is really that popular.
  • Oh wait! Slam Dunk is the most popular among Japanese woman!?
Yes, in the dramas you often see slam dunk mentioned, or a female character will read it. it's really popular among women of my wife's generation. She personally loves it, we have every volume.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #516
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Does anyone here read Aphorism? It's really dope. It should be an anime.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #517
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As you can notice from the chart, Bleach and Naruto are Shonen Jump manga series with the least contents.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #518
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng

As you can notice from the chart, Bleach and Naruto are Shonen Jump manga series with the least contents.

Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #519
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I need something to watch:

Mech stuff like Robotech and Gundam

Figthing stuff like Baki the Grappler

Assassin stuff like Golgo 13.....no emo stuff like Phantom

....any suggestions?
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #520
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Recently started watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes. One of those shows that gets a ton of praise that I hadn't seen yet, so I finally decided to give it a go. Glad I did too, I'm really enjoying it so far.

As far as this season goes, the only show that I'm really following is Hyouka.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #521
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I need something to watch:

Mech stuff like Robotech and Gundam

Figthing stuff like Baki the Grappler

Assassin stuff like Golgo 13.....no emo stuff like Phantom

....any suggestions?

I think the only one that I've seen that sort of fits that description is Full Metal Panic. I don't really watch a ton of mecha to be honest.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #522
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Farewell to Rie Tanaka's, the voice of Lacus Clyne among well-known others, sexy cosplay shenanigans. She is getting married with a 50-something fellow voice actor, almost 20 years senior.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #523
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Niconico has a live stream for Anime expo this weekend.
http://live.niconico.com/watch/lv98140136

I don't know why I find these streams so entertaining.

Last edited by Kungfro : 06-29-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #524
ducktape
-

ducktape is considered somewhat coolducktape is considered somewhat coolducktape is considered somewhat cool

ducktape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #525
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6sQQdjPCY

If you are true anime fans, can you recognize all voice actors/actresses without using the Internet? You should get at least 3-4 obvious ones.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: