Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #586
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai
Yea, I really enjoyed it. I heard that a second season could be a stretch due to low sales. Regardless I hope it gets a second season anyway.

i could see how it wouldnt sell in japan , since it's about violence and human killing human and stuff.

i really wish animes would just finish their plot in anime. cuz most of the times they dont get to have another season to tell the whole story.

kinda like Full Metal Panic, fantastic anime, but the manga has like so much more story left, yet the anime ends in middle of the story.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 AM   #587
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

Bunch of nerds
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:43 AM   #588
takai
Fly for a White Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Bunch of nerds
Must be a slow night for you to specifically come to the anime/manga thread to call us nerds. You shame the name of Kobe you tool.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 AM   #589
Kungfro
NBA rookie of the year

Finished watching The Tatami Galaxy, highly recommend it. I don't know why I took so long for me to get to watching it, but I'm glad I finally did. The way the last two episodes tied everything together was really cool.

Last edited by Kungfro : 04-02-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:36 AM   #590
Kungfro
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro

Not actually anime/manga, but there's a countdown thats been going for a few days for a japanese indie game called Yume Nikki. If you haven't tried it it's worth checking out, it is free.

Download link

Countdown

Countdown over, Yume Nikki getting a Novel, manga, and CD.

Quote:
The official website for Kikyama's surreal-horror dōjin game Yume Nikki has announced that the game is getting both a light novel and a manga adaptation. Novelist Akira (Kyōran Kazoku Nikki, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai) is writing the light novel, tentatively titled Yume Nikki -Anata no Yume ni Watashi wa Inai- (Dream Diary -Inside of Your Dream, I Am Not There-), and Vocaloid video artist Ako Arisaka is illustrating the novel.

Takeshobo's web manga magazine Manga Life Win+ will serialize the manga version. Hitoshi Tomizawa (Alien Nine, Treasure Hunter) is drawing the manga based on producer and Vocaloid composer Machigerita's original story.

Kikyama's Yume Nikki free 2004 PC game revolved around a girl named "Madotsuki" as she traveled through her dreams, sometimes encountering disturbing situations.

Central Park Media released Tomizawa's three-volume Alien Nine manga and the Alien Nine Emulators sequel in North America in 2003-2004, and the company also released the four-episode Alien Nine anime series in 2003. The company also released Tomizawa's three-volume Treasure Hunter manga in North America in 2004.

Akira's Kyōran Kazoku Nikki and Sasami-san@Ganbaranai light novels have both received television anime adaptations.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ga-adaptations
Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #591
Kungfro
NBA rookie of the year

Hidamari Sketch Gets New Anime of Sae & Hiro's Graduation

Quote:
The "Chō Hidamatsuri in Nippon Budōkan" event announced on Sunday that production on a new anime in the Hidamari Sketch franchise has been green-lit. The new anime will center on the graduation of the characters Sae and Hiro. Ryoko Shintani — the voice of Sae — confirmed the announcement on her blog after the event; the live program ran so late that the franchise's official Twitter account apologized to the attendees.

Hidamari Sketch's story centers around a high school for the arts and the everyday life of some of its students. Houbunsha's Manga Time Kirara Carat magazine published the original manga by Ume Aoki (Puella Magi Madoka Magica designer) in Japan. Yen Press publishes the Sunshine Sketch manga in North America, and Sentai Filmworks licensed the four television anime series.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...iro-graduation

Last edited by Kungfro : 03-05-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:04 AM   #592
Nick Young
Arbiter of Coexistence

Does anyone know when Kids on the Slope gets dubbed in to English?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #593
Kungfro
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Does anyone know when Kids on the Slope gets dubbed in to English?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...=13944&page=28

I think maybe May 7, I'm not entirely sure.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #594
BuffaloBill
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Nice. Yea I really liked the music. It definitely stuck with me instantly after the 1st episode.

My favorite part of the entire series was the school festival episode. The music they played in that one gave me chills. I still go back and watch that episode from time to time.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #595
clipse026
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
My favorite part of the entire series was the school festival episode. The music they played in that one gave me chills. I still go back and watch that episode from time to time.
I need to rewatch this and Beck. 2 of my favorites and they both had great music.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:33 AM   #596
Kungfro
NBA rookie of the year

Just finished reading Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, pretty good read. Kinda reminded me of Trigun in some ways.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #597
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Just finished reading Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, pretty good read. Kinda reminded me of Trigun in some ways.

i finished that a few years ago, and yeah i enjoyed it
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #598
Kungfro
NBA rookie of the year

Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #599
takai
Fly for a White Guy

Oh my goodness. Shaq at the Hatsune Miku booth at SXSW. No words can describe how awesome this is..... Shaq is the man

Old 03-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #600
takai
Fly for a White Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
He seems to be an adventurous investor too. Vocaloid is a serious business, and it is just a matter of time someone will seriously invest on expanding the English speaking market for this software in North America.
Hell they've been talking about it for years. Crypton, the creators of the Vocaloid program, have already said they're releasing the English voice bank in North America this summer.

Miku has already taken America by storm, not to mention they're putting her video games into arcades in America, and are possibly in the process of releasing her PS3 game in America as well. It's only a matter of time before she really takes off here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: