Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #721
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Kyoto Animation: Kyōkai no Kanata Anime Is in the Works
Quote:
Kyoto Animation updated its website for Nagomu Torii's Kyōkai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary) light novel series on Wednesday to reveal that an anime adaptation is in the works.

The dark fantasy follows a high school sophomore named Akihito Kanbara. Although the boy appears human, he is half yōmu and invulnerable to wounds because he can heal quickly. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it seems she is about to jump from the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is unique even among members of the spirit world. Disturbing events begin to unfold after Akihito saves Mirai.

Kyōkai no Kanata received an honorable mention in the novel category of the Kyoto Animation Award program in 2011. The studio released the first volume last year, and the second volume will ship on Monday. To promote the first volume, the studio already released an animated television commercial:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-in-the-works

This is one of the books that Kyoani is publishing. They released a commercial for it a while ago and I thought it would be cool if they actually did an anime out of it, and now they are. As much as I enjoy their SoL, it would be cool to see them do something a little more action oriented.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LdyN0wgaDQ
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #722
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Once again the Young Animators training Project produces a well animated and interesting show.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #723
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

I'm glad I wasn't invested in the Aku no Hana manga, because the first episode of the anime just came out and people are losing their shit, it's pretty funny. I was actually considering picking it up, I still might because I find this whole thing hilarious. The manga appears to have some pretty decent artwork too.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #724
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Jesus that looks awful .

I started Devil Survivor. Pretty good 1st episode considering I've never played the game. I also like Red Data Girl.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #725
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
I'm glad I wasn't invested in the Aku no Hana manga, because the first episode of the anime just came out and people are losing their shit, it's pretty funny. I was actually considering picking it up, I still might because I find this whole thing hilarious. The manga appears to have some pretty decent artwork too.

They have sure spent shit load of resources for the background details.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #726
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Once again the Young Animators training Project produces a well animated and interesting show.

wat show is dis
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #727
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
wat show is dis

Little Witch Academia. Since 2010 there's been a program called the "Young Animator Training Project" which goes towards training animators. Every year the Japanese government hands out about 200 million yen to this project, which gets split up between 4 different studios to create these one-off shows. Last year there was one called Wasurenagumo that had a pretty memorable ending.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #728
Kovach
Decent playground baller

Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool

Just watched Shingeki no Kyojin 1st ep, wow!
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #729
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovach
No shit, that was pretty intense.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #730
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Gainax Confirmed for "C3 Club" Airsoft Gun Manga Adaptation

Quote:
Looks like the buzz was right on this one. Gainax has been attached to the July anime adaptation of Special Measures Unit: Stella Girls' Academy High School's C3 Club, the recent manga about about a girls group of airgun game players.

Kodansha's series diary notes that staff includes Masayoshi Kawajiri (background work on Dantalian as director), character designs by Manami Umeshita (Medaka Box animator) and music by Kotaro Nakagawa.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...nga-adaptation
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #731
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovach
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
No shit, that was pretty intense.

Yea you guys aren't kidding, definitely the most interesting show this season. Real cool setup, love the look of it, and the music has been great.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #732
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:

Crazy, Trigger actually just uploaded this to youtube, subbed, in 1080p.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBlqxEIJ_Cg

It's been kinda cool seeing them reach out to the western audience, especially with their Inferno Cop twitter account. Being made up of former Gainax employees I'm interested in seeing what they do next.
https://twitter.com/InfernoCop_USA
Old 04-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #733
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

my anime juices are flowin once again. ordered me the outlaw star dvd, and im going to be ordering the berserk golden arc movies too. im big into action anime, so what are some good movies that i should check out?.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #734
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
my anime juices are flowin once again. ordered me the outlaw star dvd, and im going to be ordering the berserk golden arc movies too. im big into action anime, so what are some good movies that i should check out?.

Have you seen Redline?

Last edited by Kungfro : 04-24-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #735
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Inferno Cop was amazing.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: