Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #796
clipse026
Local High School Star
 
clipse026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 1,742
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segatti
Anime compatibility with Kananon is:
Amazingly High

nice taste
What account do you use there? It's nice to look at peoples lists and find shit I haven't seen. And added Kung.

Somewhat High
73.9%
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #797
Segatti
Local High School Star
 
Segatti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,196
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
What account do you use there? It's nice to look at peoples lists and find shit I haven't seen. And added Kung.

Somewhat High
73.9%

I added you there. Our ratings are similar too.
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #798
treadster
Good High School Starter
 
treadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Behind you
Posts: 813
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

i just realized v11 of baka and test already finished translating in baka-tsuki, hell yeah .

will read after i finished v4 of spice and wolf
treadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #799
Kungfro
NBA rookie of the year
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 6,013
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
What account do you use there? It's nice to look at peoples lists and find shit I haven't seen. And added Kung.

Somewhat High
73.9%

Kinda not surprising. While I love several shows in your top 15, my own looks quite different.

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Legend of the Galactic Heroes
3. Aria
4. Serial Experiments Lain
5. Azumanga Daioh
6. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
7. Cowboy Bebop
8. Gintama
9. GTO
10. Nichijou
11. Gunslinger Girl
12. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
13. Golden Boy
14. Madoka
15. Magipoka
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #800
clipse026
Local High School Star
 
clipse026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 1,742
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

I've had GTO on my list for forever. I should watch that. I can't do NGE. It's one of those things I won't watch on principle of always hearing how great it is and basically having the entire plot told to me. Aria I downloaded them all and I was going to do it because it's so highly rated but god damn it put me to sleep every time. I can't watch it if I can't stay awake . Gintama is also on the list but the length is scary. I don't really want to put that much into just one show.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #801
jaydacris
Al
 
jaydacris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Knicks101
Posts: 20,357
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Kinda not surprising. While I love several shows in your top 15, my own looks quite different.

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Legend of the Galactic Heroes
3. Aria
4. Serial Experiments Lain
5. Azumanga Daioh
6. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
7. Cowboy Bebop
8. Gintama
9. GTO
10. Nichijou
11. Gunslinger Girl
12. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
13. Golden Boy
14. Madoka
15. Magipoka

you forgot naruto and dbz
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #802
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

I don't get anime or manga

do people like it cuz it is kinda corny?

in the same way that I like corny western movies or foreign martial arts movies??

Do some of these have good story lines that captivate you?

I have honestly never watched anything like anime/manga before. outside of the couple times I watched dragon ball Z and thought it was stupid.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:41 AM   #803
Kungfro
NBA rookie of the year
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 6,013
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
I've had GTO on my list for forever. I should watch that. I can't do NGE. It's one of those things I won't watch on principle of always hearing how great it is and basically having the entire plot told to me. Aria I downloaded them all and I was going to do it because it's so highly rated but god damn it put me to sleep every time. I can't watch it if I can't stay awake . Gintama is also on the list but the length is scary. I don't really want to put that much into just one show.

I'm kind of the same way when it comes to longer series, it's what's kept me away from the big three. I'm glad I did check out LoGH though, though it did take a while to go through it all. I'm still actually working through Gintama, around 130 episodes in. Great comedy though, really love the characters.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #804
treadster
Good High School Starter
 
treadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Behind you
Posts: 813
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

where do you guys watch an anime from? i'm tired using search engine to watch anime online.
treadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #805
Jameerthefear
Atlantean
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gate of steiner
Posts: 39,908
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
I don't get anime or manga

do people like it cuz it is kinda corny?

in the same way that I like corny western movies or foreign martial arts movies??

Do some of these have good story lines that captivate you?

I have honestly never watched anything like anime/manga before. outside of the couple times I watched dragon ball Z and thought it was stupid.
Well you can't get any stories like an anime in any western shows imo. how many american shows do you know about a 15 year old electromaster with a teleporting lesbian as her bestfriend in a city with other espers? none.
the art is also really cool because you don't see it anywhere else. and sometimes anime is just so damn cute yhou have to watch it.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #806
Jameerthefear
Atlantean
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gate of steiner
Posts: 39,908
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Just finished Yuru Yuri episode 5...
is there an uncensored version of that kiss?!
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #807
Kungfro
NBA rookie of the year
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 6,013
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadster
where do you guys watch an anime from? i'm tired using search engine to watch anime online.

I'll typically torrent my anime. Tokyotosho and nyaa are good for newer shows or anything licensed in the US. For older stuff, Bakabt is great. Also you might want to download CCCP to play the video files.

http://tokyotosho.info/
http://www.nyaa.se/
http://www.cccp-project.net/
http://bakabt.me/

Crunchyroll is not a bad option either for a streaming site, though you do have to pay.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #808
Segatti
Local High School Star
 
Segatti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,196
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

I'm watching Yuru Yuri too



Chitose so funny
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #809
Segatti
Local High School Star
 
Segatti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,196
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

This decade's best anime so far according to the japanese:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...t-anime-so-far


K-On
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #810
Jameerthefear
Atlantean
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gate of steiner
Posts: 39,908
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segatti
This decade's best anime so far according to the japanese:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...t-anime-so-far


K-On
Railgun #2
But no Index in top 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
I don't know shit about anime. I just wanted to pop in and say hello.
Hello
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy