Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #811
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: official manga/anime thread

Quote:
Studio Trigger to Launch Kickstarter for New Little Witch Academia Episode

Studio Trigger announced at Anime Expo on Friday that it plans to create another episode of its Little Witch Academia magical fantasy anime short. The company revealed that it will launch a Kickstarter campaign next week to help raise funds for the project.

The new localization and game company acttil announced last month that it would be collaborating with Studio Trigger to release a Blu-ray Disc release of Little Witch Academia in a Collector's Edition Blu-ray Disc this summer.

Trigger describes the story:

Akko Kagari is an ordinary girl who joins the renowned witch academy for witch girls, Luna Nova Academy. When she was younger, she went to Magical Festa, a magic show hosted by a witch named Shiny Chariot. Akko was so mesmerized and inspired by Shiny Chariot's performance that she dreamed to someday be a "cool" witch like her. This young and impressionable Akko takes Shiny Chariot's words as her own motto: "Never forget, a believing heart is your magic." As part of a class, Akko and her classmates go into a labyrinth under the Tower of Luna Nova. There, a sealed ancient dragon was unleashed by one of her classmates. Akko tries to stop the dragon, butů

The studio posted the entire 30-minute anime with English subtitles on YouTube and Crunchyroll in April. Studio Trigger originally created the short for this year's Anime Mirai project.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ademia-episode
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #812
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear

I thought that was a pretty good first episode, better then I was expecting anyway.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #813
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
I thought that was a pretty good first episode, better then I was expecting anyway.
Yeah. I'm definitely gonna watch the whole season. Reminds me of K-On.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #814
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Good god this is a terrible season. Last season had plenty of bad but there's like 2 things I'm even maybe watching on this list. What a bummer. Too much "lives of girls" shit. That gets old after 1 imo. But apparently not in Japan so I guess that's all that matters.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #815
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

anyone got any suggestions for anime? i like railgun of course, SAO, Naruto etc.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #816
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
anyone got any suggestions for anime? i like railgun of course, SAO, Naruto etc.
These are my top 15 or so in no particular order. You can look them all up on myanimelist.net if you're looking for a decent place to start.
1. School Rumble
2. Spice and Wolf
3. Cross Game
4. Monster
5. Beck
6. Macross (Original, Frontier, Zero, Plus)
7. Major (all seasons but especially the ones when Goro is younger 1-3)
8. Ergo Proxy
9. Ghost in the Shell (all seasons and movies)
10. Usagi Drop
11. Samurai Champloo
12. REC
13. Kure-nai
14. Sakamichi no Apollon
15. Nodame Cantabile (all seasons)
Old 07-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #817
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Good god this is a terrible season. Last season had plenty of bad but there's like 2 things I'm even maybe watching on this list. What a bummer. Too much "lives of girls" shit. That gets old after 1 imo. But apparently not in Japan so I guess that's all that matters.

Yea not a real strong season, I am looking forward to watamote though. Fall should be a lot better. I'm quite hyped for Kill la Kill, as you can see by my several updates on it.

Quote:
10. Usagi Drop

What did you think of the direction the manga took?
Old 07-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #818
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:

I bet you'd enjoy Baccano.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #819
clipse026
Local High School Star

I thought I read the manga but I guess I was just caught up to what was released at some point . Just checked spoilers on the end. Wtf??
Old 07-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #820
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
I thought I read the manga but I guess I was just caught up to what was released at some point . Just checked spoilers on the end. Wtf??

Yea...
I actually was reading it before the anime aired and lost interest after the time skip. After hearing about the ending I just like to pretend the second half just never happened.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #821
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Just finished Hen'neko and am going to try some of the anime on your list clipse. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #822
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

First episode of Watamote was pretty decent, it's done a good job of adapting the cringe humor of the manga so far.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #823
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
When does the 2nd season of Avatar: Legend of korra start?
official date is gonna be announced at comic-con, its coming out this fall
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #824
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:

The Kickstarter came out on Sunday, and is already well past it's $150 000 goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tch-academia-2
Old 07-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #825
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Quote:
The Kickstarter came out on Sunday, and is already well past it's $150 000 goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tch-academia-2
is that like a movie or what?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: