Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #616
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2010 ALCS - Rangers vs Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT
i think the same yankee team destroys a different opponent in the same circumstances.

TEX just had their number (imo).

The team was flawed. Their pitching was awful for a long stretch of the year. BJ Burnout had one of the worst years ever for the Yankees, and Pettitte was hurt for almost the entire second half. Hughes is still too young, and has never pitched that many innings so his arm is not strong enough to go deep in the postseason.

Their offense should have been better, but they had injuries too. Arod missed a large chunk of the year with leg problems. Teixeira got hurt late in the year and has been awful for 2 straight postseasons. Jeter has taken a huge step back. Who knows if he can still be a .300 hitter anymore. Posada is old now and awful behind the plate. Cervelli, his backup, is not a legit major league player. He should be in the minors.

The Rays would have beaten us too.

They have a lot of work to do to fix this team.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #617
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT

wow, that is pretty f*ckin amazing considering how many times they have seen the post season...

It just never really really sunk in with me until seeing this right here...that we not only beat the yankees, but we kicked the living shit out them...

I guess after the Mavs loss in 06, and the constant Cowboy let downs the past 4-5 years...I just never counted the Yankees out in that series...not till the last out which was A-Rod staring at a Feliz strike...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #618
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
100% whining.

I'm not a Yankees fan. Hell, I hate the Yankees since I live and die with the Blue Jays but there is nothing wrong with what the Yankees do every year. They are popular, they make huge revenue and they have an ownership group that tries to do everything they can to reward (spend money on players) their fans with a great team. I wish my team was run by people like that. Why shouldn't the Yankee fans want Cliff Lee on their team? He would clearly help and their ownership has proven time and time again that they are willing to go out and get players like this.

If you have the resources and are willing to use them to put a great product on the field, why not do it? It's not the Yankees fans fault that cheapskate owners like the guy who owns the Twins won't pony up more money into the team. There are many teams run by filthy rich people who just don't care about baseball as much. The Jays are one of them and we just have to deal with it. I'm pretty sure if you asked any non-Yankee fan if they could have the Yankees ownership/management for their team, they would take it.

There is no such thing as "winning in a non-competitive fashion", where do you even come up with crap like that from? Either you win or you don't.

Spoken totally like someone who doesn't live in NY and doesn't hear it day in and day out. The yankee fans don't want the yankees to put the best product they can on the field. THey want them to take every other teams best players so the other teams can't compete. Rather than beat the Rangers, they wanted the Rangers to not have a team good enough to compete with them.

I'm not against the Yankees having a competitive advantage. The key word is COMPETITIVE. The yankee fans don't want it to be competitive, they want the title handed to them in spring training by their team being just that much better than everyone else.

The dynasty yankee teams would have wanted to smash Cliff Lee's face in. The post dyansty teams would rather he be on their team because they don't think they can beat him. It's sad.

Last edited by niko : 10-23-2010 at 08:29 PM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #619
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Spoken totally like someone who doesn't live in NY and doesn't hear it day in and day out. The yankee fans don't want the yankees to put the best product they can on the field. THey want them to take every other teams best players so the other teams can't compete. Rather than beat the Rangers, they wanted the Rangers to not have a team good enough to compete with them.

I'm not against the Yankees having a competitive advantage. The key word is COMPETITIVE. The yankee fans don't want it to be competitive, they want the title handed to them in spring training by their team being just that much better than everyone else.

The dynasty yankee teams would have wanted to smash Cliff Lee's face in. The post dyansty teams would rather he be on their team because they don't think they can beat him. It's sad.

That's not true at all. I don't know what kind of Yankee fans you know, but I am not like that, and the fans I know aren't like that either. I wanted another shot at Lee in game 7, but we weren't good enough to get there. Now we have to worry about improving on our team, which means going after the best free agent pitcher on the market, which just happens to be Lee. If Lee weren't a free agent, we would not be trying to acquire him.

We don't want him because he beat us. We want him because he is the best pitcher on the market.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #620
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
That's not true at all. I don't know what kind of Yankee fans you know, but I am not like that, and the fans I know aren't like that either. I wanted another shot at Lee in game 7, but we weren't good enough to get there. Now we have to worry about improving on our team, which means going after the best free agent pitcher on the market, which just happens to be Lee. If Lee weren't a free agent, we would not be trying to acquire him.

We don't want him because he beat us. We want him because he is the best pitcher on the market.
after he beat the yankees, after he said pitching against the yankees makes him not even a tiny bit nervous and implied he could beat them again yankee fans (i think you included) basically (literally) stuck out their tounge and said NAH NAH, WE'LL TAKE HIM FROM YOU NEXT YEAR (to texas). Not we'll beat your ass in game 7.

Am i wrong?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #621
Colin Cowherd
winning team=fav team

What a tragedy.

Oh well. At least the Lakers begin defense of their NBA title this week
Colin Cowherd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: