Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-27-2006, 12:45 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Any thoughts on Clips Drought?

Hi Clip fans,

Any thoughts on why the Clips are struggling? They have the talent! What is going on here?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:39 AM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Cassell thinks hes one of the league's top scorers

Brand is not gettin the ball enough.

theres no room for inconsistency in the strong west...if this keeps up, clipps wont be there come april...
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:46 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

they play well when they share the ball but there was some selfishness in recent games.

They can't share the ball for 48 mins straight.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So, you two are Clips fans?

Old 11-27-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

us three. lool

but I'm just arguing from an NBA fan's point of view. We know clippers are good. we saw them beat good teams. but now they need to play for the whole game instead of just quarters.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #6
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

I'm a Clippers fan and I have to agree with hotsizzle. The Clippers can't win games by putting up jump shots, they need to get it low and pass the ball when the double team comes. When Sam, Brand, Mobley or Kaman are having a bad shooting game they should not keep putting up shots, pass the ball and hopefully another player can make a basket. The team has to stop settling for jump shots. Grind it in and try to make a high percentage shot.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #7
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:

Nobody else is responding to your question.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Everytime goes through droughts and I'd prefer it early in the season as opposed mid or late in the season. Here's what I posted on other forums I post at:

Quote:
It's barely 12 games into the season, not 60 or 70 for everyone to be panicking, but if you want to have your finger close to the panic button, go ahead, but I have yet to go buy mine . Clippers will eventually figure it out, the chemistry and dedication just isn't there. As much as people say Maggette is helping out, and he is, but what I've often seen with him in there is he STOPS ball movement, along with Cassell. Clippers need ball movement in there, which is why Livingston needs MORE time in the game as he moves the ball, doesn't stop it for a J or to drive often, actually hardly ever. James Singleton also needs more time. People can blame this fully on the coach, but it isn't fully his fault, the rotations are messy due to NO BALL MOVEMENT. I say make this an 10-Player rotation with Singleton and Williams also getting time along with our 8. As far as player changes, sign KAREEM RUSH. We need a 3PT Shooter, why trade Maggette for one when we can sign Kareem Rush?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #9
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Everytime goes through droughts and I'd prefer it early in the season as opposed mid or late in the season. Here's what I posted on other forums I post at:

From what you posted, it says a 3-Point shooter is needed? I thought that was what Tim Thomas was for?

Anyway, I do agree that its better to get the "kinks" out early in the season and finish strong.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #10
SoCalMike

Related story: http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9831894

Old 11-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
From what you posted, it says a 3-Point shooter is needed? I thought that was what Tim Thomas was for?

Anyway, I do agree that its better to get the "kinks" out early in the season and finish strong.

Thomas is being forced to play a lot of C and PF, at least was until Dunleavy finally brought in Aaron Williams. Taking about 4 treys a game on average(it's more like 6 one game then one the next), won't help him get into a shooting groove.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #12
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Very, very good qrich. I agree with you on most of the points you made especially about playing Singleton more. Maggette seems to cause several turnovers as well. He would rather drive and try to get a foul call rather than pass to the open man. The other night against Denver they had a three on one opportunity and Maggette was leading the pack and decided to try to take it to the hole rather than pass to two very open trailers. It is also good to see you back in the forum qrich.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: