Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
BRabbiT

Default Driving Test Fail. wtf!

Quote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-examiner.html

Robert Keller, 34, was so close to passing his driver's test when he made the ultimate error.

Keller plowed through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) building he began at while returning the car outside Pittsburgh in Collier Township, Pa. That building, the Bridgeville Driver License Center, was closed today to undergo repairs.

"He thought he had it in park but he didn't," Collier police Sgt. Brian Halbleib told the Post-Gazette. "He panicked and hit the accelerator, and went through the front."

The man apparently would have passed the test had he not run into the building.

WATCH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihDK8...eature=related

i do sort of feel bad for this guy after watching him talk about it.

still....
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
J-Futuristic
Suck a Duck

Default Re: Driving Test Fail. wtf!

I'm willing to bet this guy had anxiety behind the wheel his whole life. 34 years old and still no licence.
J-Futuristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
crounsa810
National High School Star

Did he get the license?
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
lefthook00
College star

He doesn't deserve his license. This motherf*cker drove INTO A BUILDING!!!!! They should make the drivers test way harder, including driving through traffic/metropolitan areas(if possible), parallel parking, freeway driving, etc. You should also have to renew it every two years once you're a senior citizen.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Skip Bayless
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810
Did he get the license?
Skip Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
He doesn't deserve his license. This motherf*cker drove INTO A BUILDING!!!!! They should make the drivers test way harder, including driving through traffic/metropolitan areas(if possible), parallel parking, freeway driving, etc. You should also have to renew it every two years once you're a senior citizen.
They test all of these except freeway driving in some areas.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Quote:

Mofo only 20% of the population would be driving then.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #8
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

All I had to do for my driving test was drive down a main city street, turn left at a light, and then make a square in a neighborhood off the main street. All that consisted of, though, was stoppiong at a few stop signs. I couldn't believe that was all I had to do. I haven't been in a wreck since I got my liscense but I will admit our driving test is beyond pathetic here.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #9
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Mofo only 20% of the population would be driving then.
So I'm guessing you can't parallel park?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #10
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
All I had to do for my driving test was drive down a main city street, turn left at a light, and then make a square in a neighborhood off the main street. All that consisted of, though, was stoppiong at a few stop signs. I couldn't believe that was all I had to do. I haven't been in a wreck since I got my liscense but I will admit our driving test is beyond pathetic here.
Where do you live?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
50inchvertical
College star

Quote:
Our's is about the same. First thing you have to do is get in the car while he walks around and makes you turn on your turn signal and brake lights and makes sure they are all operational. If not, you'll have to come back. Then you pull around the parking lot and parallel park, if you hit the curb it's automatic fail. When you pull out the parking lot onto the street with a left turn, there's double yellow lines there that if you cross you fail. It's to prevent you from doing what most people do and cutting the left turn short when it should be a 90 degree turn. You also have to turn into the first lane obviously. I don't know if that's a demerit or automatic fail. You then drive a few blocks and right turn into the neighborhood, perform a curbside park, then do a 3pt turn to turn around, make sure you stop before the stop sign look then pull forward and stop again because there is a tree there on purpose obstructing vision, back to the DMV. Shit is so easy. The most difficult part for me was that my tester was like 7'2 and we're all uncomfortable in a Hyundai with our knees above the dash.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #12
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
Where do you live?

Well, it wasn't that simple. I dumbed it down a lot to make it sound even easier than it is because it was always a joke between my friends about how it easy it was and how no one wanted to be the first or only one to fail.

Ours was basically the exact same thing as 50inchvertical's minus the parallel parking. I've had my license for 8 years and have only had to parallel park may 10 times, and haven't had much trouble doing so.

I live in Arkansas, and before you jump in with the "oh, well that makes sense, it's all dirt roads and country there" just know my test was in an actual city with 4 lane paved roads, multiple working stoplights, semi-thick rush-hour traffic, and even electricity.

They just don't make you spend a lot of time on a main road in the city but do make us do little things that are subtly difficult. With that said, you'd have to be a horrible driver to fail it.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #13
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
They make you work for it in Mass. Of course in the greater Boston area if you can't parallel park you'll never get out of your car.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #14
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
I'm pr4etty sure I had toparallel when I took the test, but there was no freeway. Freeway driving was always easy anyway tho.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:25 PM   #15
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

That's actually the place I took my drivers test and got my license. Weird.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: