Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #16
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Maga's 2010/2011 Seasons

great thread from a great poster. keep us updated, Maga.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #17
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
great thread from a great poster. keep us updated, Maga.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #18
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
I'm just 20, i'm still learning the game of basketball.
I guess i have lucky to have a God given tallent and people that believed in my skills since i started played in one of the worst teams in my state, or maybe the worst.

Just enjoy playing, really. If you're not enjoying and you're doing something that you think it's a sacrifice (i'm not talking about pratice) leave the game .. The joy for the game is what differ good players from the greatest players in my opinion.

Man, I've love to see a video of you playing sometime. I'm not familiar with the system in Europe, is it similar to America? Play in high school, get recruited, college then pro... cause I'm not sure if there's AAU there or something similar?

If you ever have time, do post your story, I'm sure I'd be great to hear from someone overseas.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:18 AM   #19
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpevicis
Man, I've love to see a video of you playing sometime. I'm not familiar with the system in Europe, is it similar to America? Play in high school, get recruited, college then pro... cause I'm not sure if there's AAU there or something similar?

If you ever have time, do post your story, I'm sure I'd be great to hear from someone overseas.

First of all i'll post the video that everybody saw already
( That was when i was 16 or 17 years old)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1mCJECxUVw
Old 10-22-2010, 03:00 AM   #20
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GOAT basketball player that I know!
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:07 AM   #21
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
GOAT basketball player that I know!

LOL what an exaggeration
Old 10-22-2010, 03:29 AM   #22
Maga_1

So this is my story.

I started playing at age 10.
In the 1999/2000 season i played for the worst under 12 team in my city cause it was my family's club, a club that simply take the klds out of the streets and make them play sports like basketball, handball or ping pong. My uncle was my coach.

In the 2001/2002 (still an under 12) i started playing under 14 competitons, and i played 10 minutes a game (cause it's a rule, every players have to play at least 10 minutes per game).

In the 2002/2003 i started playing more minutes and i was called to my state all star team, where i played some tournments and was the national champion (in state teams, playing for the state of PORTO not FC Porto).

In the 2003/2004 (still an under 14) i jumped to other level and started playing for the under 16 and 2 games for the under 18 teams. I was selected again for the statet all star team, and i won again the national championship (in state teams)

(In my club i've never acomplished something better than a 2nd place in the 3rd division).

I was selected to play for the state team in a international competition for under 16 players (i was still under 14) in Spain, where i won the scoring tilte and i went to All First Team.

That summer i was invited and signed for the best team in the country, called FC Porto.

In the 2004/2005 and 2005/2006, (under 16 championship) i was state champion with a 20-0 record (two times) and we were 2nd place one time and national champions one time with a 42-0 record.
I was selected to play for the state team, and won again the 2 national championships in state teams.
I was considered MVP in 2005/2006 and i was selected to Portuguese National Team to play the under 16 european championship.

In the 2006/2007 i was on loan to play under 18 and senior team for EB Porto and i was the MVP of the year in under 18 commpetition.
In 2007/2008 i was back to FC Porto where i started playing for the under 20 team when i was still an under 18 and i was in the roster of the FC Porto senior team who i believed would play european club competitions (but we failled the qualification).
I broked my wrist in a scrimmage of national team so i didn't played the european under 18 or 20.

So, in 2008/2009 i was on loan to have big minutes in senior 2nd national competition wich i was the rookie of the year.
And in 2009/2010 i asked to be traded to play under 20 and senior competitions (we were promoted to division 1) at the same time wich was amazing cause i had a lot of minutes and i learned very much playing against much more experienced players.

This summer, as i told here .. i was invited to a top 3 team in the country and let's see what will happen.

Last edited by Maga_1 : 10-22-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #23
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good luck this weekend dude.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #24
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Good luck this weekend dude.

Thanks Rufus, i'm now going to eat something with my team mates and then make a bus trip to the 1st game.
I'll be back like 7 pm in US .
Old 10-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #25
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
LOL what an exaggeration
Nahh my college is more of a football school than a basketball school. Although one of our guys was a potential second round pick last year. But you're better!
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #26
kikwasses
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kikwasses has an OK reputation so far

i'm actually portuguese can you name the team? just so i can look out if i go to a game of yours
kikwasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #27
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikwasses
i'm actually portuguese can you name the team? just so i can look out if i go to a game of yours
it's FC Porto.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #28
Maga_1

Under 20 competition 1st game, 1st win. 38-64

It was a strange game, we were on the lead since the first possession of the game, but at the half time we were winning just by 10 points.
We had a poor game in offense, it was a lot of 1on1 which is not usual in european style of play.

I was expecting to get not too many minutes, but i played 26 minutes .. and the oponnent defense was always full court press on me.

Stats.

6/11 2 points
0/2 3 points
7/8 FT
19 points
10 assists
2 steals
3 rebounds

Tomorrow is another day, it's going to be tough .. i just have like 14 hours to rest and then it another game.
Some ice on my knees and a good meal, post in ISH and chill .. i'll be full recovered for tomorrow
Old 10-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #29
kikwasses
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kikwasses has an OK reputation so far

you play for the porto senior team? thats awsome x.x
kikwasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #30
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikwasses
you play for the porto senior team? thats awsome x.x

Falas português?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: