Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
RUCKER
Baller Status

Default How many of you were Nerds in School?

I'm not talking about the prescription sunglasses wearing nerds, I'm talking about those trendy ass nerds that would lie their asses off just to fit in.

You'd be the same nerd that would have a new favorite team every year. Your favorite team would correspond with whatever team happened to win the championship that year. In the 90's, your favorite sports franchises were probably the Dallas Cowboys, the Chicago Bulls, and the NY Yankees. That's how predictable these nerds were.

The 2000's came along, and there you kids were. Same nerds, new teams. You all out of nowhere became huge New England Patriots and LA Lakers fans. I don't understand it. Why are people so ashamed to admit they're a fan of a team that aren't reigning champions?

That's why I have more respect for Raiders fans than all of these bandwagon hopping fans in the game right now. Raider fans keep it real and will stick with their team through thick and thin. Straight up DIEHARD fans. Sometimes I think you "sports fans" aren't even really fans of the game to begin with, and only follow it because you want to fit in and be able to hold your own in a conversation with your colleagues about certain games.

I can't stand people like that. Type of nerds that you would ask what they thought of a certain movie that just came out, they'd lie and go off and list every part they showed on the previews, and say those were their favorite parts of the movie. Everyone knows the previews only show the trendiest, most retarted parts of the movie.

Take "Don't be a Menace in South Central while drinkin your juice in the Hood" for example. I remember being in the 5th grade when that ish came out. I remember seeing it in theaters opening weekend and thinking I was a badass for sneaking into a rated R movie. Felt like I robbed a bank up out the mofo I was so tight. At the time that ish was a big deal to sneak into a rated R movie, so I got mad dap at school for going through with it, because I was calling it all week, I'm going to see that movie when it comes out I don't care what anyone says. I was even telling people I would've blind sided the movie usher with a running clothesline just to f*ck up their equilibrium for a few seconds to buy me enough time to sneak in.

Anyway, so I came back to school asking everybody about that movie, knowing full and damn well NONE of these mofo's in my class went and saw that ish. That was the movie at the time, that all the cool highschool kids went and saw, everybody knew that. So I went to school that Monday feelin like a straight boss. Knowing I was probably the only kid in my elementary school that saw that movie, so I had bragging rights. I started asking around, mainly because I wanted people to know I wasn't no b*tch, I went and snuck into a rated R movie. I was building my street cred and rep up even then. But tell me why every time I asked someone about that movie, they ALL brought up the same part? I'd go and list off all of my favorite parts, but whenever I asked these nerds what their favorite part was, they always all said, "You know that part where he goes, 'Aw come on Grandma!' and then knocks out his grandma across the table? That's my favorite part I was like oh snap! He just KTFO his grandma."

I got that stank face and just looked at them like wtf? Squinted eyes and all like I just wanted to slap their mom across her face just for having them, I was so disgusted. Thing is I wouldn't even be confronting these nerds half the time, I'd just overhear them, and I'd confront them every time regardless if I was in the conversation or not. I'd butt myself in, outta nowhere for no reason. Like don't try to lie to fit in you nerd. You only saw the previews don't try to act like you saw the whole movie. Stupid nerds would be like yes-huh! Then you'd question them about a part of the movie that wasn't in the previews and they'd just get stuck on stupid. Then bring up how their dad would beat up my dad, then if not, they got uncles in jail that would, like that was supposed to deter me from clowning some nerds. I give a damn about your raped uncle in jail, don't try to lie to kick it around me. I don't like fake people.

So I'm just trying to get a feel for if I'm going to fit in and get along with you all here. I know a lot of you won't even admit you were some bandwagon hopping sports fans back in the day. I hope none of you all are the kind of nerds I'm talking about, because I don't want to surround myself with those kind of people. If you were, fess up to it here. There's nothing to be ashamed of, nvm it is something to be ashamed of, but just as long as you aren't the same way today. So just admit it, who here used to claim they were a fan of whatever team that happened to win the championship every year?
RUCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
FCN

Default Re: How many of you were Nerds in School?

sorry, but tl;dr
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Cliffs?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCKER
I'm not talking about the prescription sunglasses wearing nerds, I'm talking about those trendy ass nerds that would lie their asses off just to fit in.

You'd be the same nerd that would have a new favorite team every year. Your favorite team would correspond with whatever team happened to win the championship that year. In the 90's, your favorite sports franchises were probably the Dallas Cowboys, the Chicago Bulls, and the NY Yankees. That's how predictable these nerds were.

The 2000's came along, and there you kids were. Same nerds, new teams. You all out of nowhere became huge New England Patriots and LA Lakers fans. I don't understand it. Why are people so ashamed to admit they're a fan of a team that aren't reigning champions?

That's why I have more respect for Raiders fans than all of these bandwagon hopping fans in the game right now. Raider fans keep it real and will stick with their team through thick and thin. Straight up DIEHARD fans. Sometimes I think you "sports fans" aren't even really fans of the game to begin with, and only follow it because you want to fit in and be able to hold your own in a conversation with your colleagues about certain games.

I can't stand people like that. Type of nerds that you would ask what they thought of a certain movie that just came out, they'd lie and go off and list every part they showed on the previews, and say those were their favorite parts of the movie. Everyone knows the previews only show the trendiest, most retarted parts of the movie.

Take "Don't be a Menace in South Central while drinkin your juice in the Hood" for example. I remember being in the 5th grade when that ish came out. I remember seeing it in theaters opening weekend and thinking I was a badass for sneaking into a rated R movie. Felt like I robbed a bank up out the mofo I was so tight. At the time that ish was a big deal to sneak into a rated R movie, so I got mad dap at school for going through with it, because I was calling it all week, I'm going to see that movie when it comes out I don't care what anyone says. I was even telling people I would've blind sided the movie usher with a running clothesline just to f*ck up their equilibrium for a few seconds to buy me enough time to sneak in.

Anyway, so I came back to school asking everybody about that movie, knowing full and damn well NONE of these mofo's in my class went and saw that ish. That was the movie at the time, that all the cool highschool kids went and saw, everybody knew that. So I went to school that Monday feelin like a straight boss. Knowing I was probably the only kid in my elementary school that saw that movie, so I had bragging rights. I started asking around, mainly because I wanted people to know I wasn't no b*tch, I went and snuck into a rated R movie. I was building my street cred and rep up even then. But tell me why every time I asked someone about that movie, they ALL brought up the same part? I'd go and list off all of my favorite parts, but whenever I asked these nerds what their favorite part was, they always all said, "You know that part where he goes, 'Aw come on Grandma!' and then knocks out his grandma across the table? That's my favorite part I was like oh snap! He just KTFO his grandma."

I got that stank face and just looked at them like wtf? Squinted eyes and all like I just wanted to slap their mom across her face just for having them, I was so disgusted. Thing is I wouldn't even be confronting these nerds half the time, I'd just overhear them, and I'd confront them every time regardless if I was in the conversation or not. I'd butt myself in, outta nowhere for no reason. Like don't try to lie to fit in you nerd. You only saw the previews don't try to act like you saw the whole movie. Stupid nerds would be like yes-huh! Then you'd question them about a part of the movie that wasn't in the previews and they'd just get stuck on stupid. Then bring up how their dad would beat up my dad, then if not, they got uncles in jail that would, like that was supposed to deter me from clowning some nerds. I give a damn about your raped uncle in jail, don't try to lie to kick it around me. I don't like fake people.

So I'm just trying to get a feel for if I'm going to fit in and get along with you all here. I know a lot of you won't even admit you were some bandwagon hopping sports fans back in the day. I hope none of you all are the kind of nerds I'm talking about, because I don't want to surround myself with those kind of people. If you were, fess up to it here. There's nothing to be ashamed of, nvm it is something to be ashamed of, but just as long as you aren't the same way today. So just admit it, who here used to claim they were a fan of whatever team that happened to win the championship every year?

ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
the GIBBET
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Cliffs?

Mr. LOJangles goin off the deep end.
the GIBBET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Filter yourself for f*ck sake. No one is going to read your long rants
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
RUCKER
Baller Status

Don't read my posts then, just answer the topic question. You nerds.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Don't read my posts then, just answer the topic question. You nerds.

No. I was not a nerd in highschool.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #9
RUCKER
Baller Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
No. I was not a nerd in highschool.

But what's your reasoning for not being a nerd? I went and explained the kind of sports nerd I was talking about in my OP..

You nerds need to take your asses back to twitter if you want to read 1 liners. I give a damn about your trendy asses with your 'TL;DR LAWLS' posts. You don't even need to read my post for me to realize you all are the exact nerds I was talking about in my original post.

Cool, well now I got all your names written down. I'll be sure to 'TOO FAKE; DIDN'T READ' all your fake posts now.

Dipset homie.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #10
the GIBBET
Banned

Old 10-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #11
RUCKER
Baller Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by the GIBBET

Randy Couture is my favorite fighter. Is that him at the red carpet for The Expendables?

LOL.. Funny to see him with hair when he was younger.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #12
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
But what's your reasoning for not being a nerd? I went and explained the kind of sports nerd I was talking about in my OP..

You nerds need to take your asses back to twitter if you want to read 1 liners. I give a damn about your trendy asses with your 'TL;DR LAWLS' posts. You don't even need to read my post for me to realize you all are the exact nerds I was talking about in my original post.

Cool, well now I got all your names written down. I'll be sure to 'TOO FAKE; DIDN'T READ' all your fake posts now.

Dipset homie.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #13
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

I don't think you understand what a nerd is.

I was and am a nerd because I enjoy nerdy things (videogames, comics, maga, sci-fi).
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
the GIBBET
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I don't think you understand what a nerd is.

I was and am a nerd because I enjoy nerdy things (videogames, comics, maga, sci-fi).

post a pic of you so we can laugh.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the GIBBET
post a pic of you so we can laugh.

Wait lemme see if I can find one with some nerd gear on...
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: