Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #16
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Cowboys season is now over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
See? I don't get that. Why are so many Texas/Dallas fans like this? "As long as the Rangers are doing good, IDC about the Cowboys." "As long as the Mavs do well, the Cowboys can **** themselves."

Then when Dallas wins, everyone claims to be die-hard Cowboys fans. Dallas fans are so quick to jump ship.

we have never had this situation in Dallas...EVER...lol

what are you talking about?

we have always been a football city first...everything else second...

this is the first time the Rangers are "for real" and the Cowboys are DONE!

and the reason why should be obvious...I am not excited about Cowboy games now that they are meaningless...

the Rangers on the other hand are playing for something very REAL...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #17
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-

and the reason why should be obvious...I am not excited about Cowboy games now that they are meaningless...

Did you see Dirk show up at Yankees vs Rangers Game 2?
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #18
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I understand that. But it's crap. I hate fans that are there for the good times/wins, but absent in the bad times/losses. Show some freakin loyalty.

(and before you flip out prime, I'm not necessarily talking about you)
I will be a loyal Cowboy fan till I DIE...

I was just saying that the Rangers are helping to ease the pain of the Cowboys this year...lol

I never said "I am done as a fan"...
Old 10-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #19
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
Did you see Dirk show up at Yankees vs Rangers Game 2?

everyone loves the Rangers now...
Old 10-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #20
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
now its not completely over but it sure as hell is on life support.

I think they can only lose two (maybe three but unlikely) more games the rest of the season if they want to make it to the playoffs.

First and Foremost they probably have to win all 5 remaining division games.

5-0

We lose one division game and it's over.

that will give us a 6-4 record.

we are probably still better than Arizona, Detroit, and Jax

that is 9-4

meaning... we have to beat Green Bay, Indianapolis, or New Orleans. to go 10-6.

If the Cowboys play some "real Cowboys" football... and make a few plays on Defense. it's not Impossible. Maybe we can beat all three of our toughest opponents (NO, GB, IND)... and win all our so called "easy games" like we should... and who knows?

I know we can beat Washington at home
Philadelphia and NY will be our biggest challenge. Those two road games are not going to be easy victories at all.

Detroit does not scare me.
Jacksonville does not scare me
Arizona has potential to scare me... but I'm not scared.

We lose any of those 3 games season is over.

Yea... we can still recover from a 1-4 season but it sure as hell ain't gonna be easy. We have talent on this team to do it... I won't count them out just yet.

I guess Cowboys fans can root for a way to get in the playoffs at 9-7 like the Cardinals did 2 years ago.... but those situations are rare... Wild Card appearance seems unlikely because we lost to the Bears and Vikings (which one of those teams could make an appearance)... Atlanta or New Orleans will fill the other Wild Card spot at 10-6

So you kiss any hope of a 9-7 record getting you a wild card spot goodbye... but 9-7 could win the division.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #21
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^^^
If they could do what your talking about them doing they wouldn't be in this situation now.
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #22
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here

Motherfuck Jason Garrett's play calling. White oppressor face having dumbass.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #23
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-

Why do people take every word so literal? I live in Texas. I know what its like just as much as you. I was just using what you said as an example. Good ****ing God. Gotta spell it out sometimes on ISH.

I just meant, I don't understand how people just bail on their team or find "something else" to look to, especially considering how everyone was DIE HARD LIFETIME Cowboys fans entering the season. But it's just like that everywhere I guess. Just b/c your team losses a few games, people give up. Its not even week 7 yet & all of my friends who are Cowboys fans are giving up, saying they don't care, saying they're Rangers fans now, saying they're going to pull for someone else.

I just get irritated b/c I'm a loyal fan. Always been a Bucs fan, always been a (Devil) Rays fan, and always been a KG fan.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #24
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cowgirl's season is not over. They still have plenty of games left in the division. They still play the Giants and Eagles twice, and 1 more vs the Redskins.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #25
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For the people saying Dallas still has a chance

After seeing how Dallas has played thus far, Do you really see them magically turning it on and winning 9 straight games? Seriously?

I'm not talking mathematically. I'm talking about looking at the product on the field right now and saying those guys can win 9 straight right now.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:46 PM   #26
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcjt
For the people saying Dallas still has a chance

After seeing how Dallas has played thus far, Do you really see them magically turning it on and winning 9 straight games? Seriously?

I'm not talking mathematically. I'm talking about looking at the product on the field right now and saying those guys can win 9 straight right now.

They don't have to win 9 in a row. They can make the playoffs with a 9-7 record.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #27
simcjt
The bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
They don't have to win 9 in a row. They can make the playoffs with a 9-7 record.
Do you see them winning 8 more games after watching the product they put out?'

Would still also like an answer for them winning 9 straight.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #28
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcjt
Do you see them winning 8 more games after watching the product they put out?'

Would still also like an answer for them winning 9 straight.

I am not saying they will make the playoffs, but I am not counting them out.

No, of course I don't see them winning 9 straight but they don't have to to make the playoffs.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #29
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #30
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So how bout them Steelers?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: